How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by SirChicken »

pegasi1978 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 4:20:50 am Woke up and can't go back to sleep. Will make for a very long day tomorrow. Younger cat has been curled up beside me almost every night lately. I think she misses her mother. We all do.

We still don't know what it was that had her so sick, but she's no longer in pain. That was one of the hardest things we've had to decide. She showed no improvement after a week spent at the vet and it all was for naught. We brought her home for the weekend, but she was so .... I can't put it into words. We made the call last Monday and she's buried in the yard in a quiet spot.
I'm so sorry for your loss. :t-hugs: Making a decision like that is never going to be easy... Even as an adult, it's an incredibly difficult and emotional thing. But at least your fur baby can rest easy now without any pain or illness afflicting her. You know you did right. <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I think I'm going to try to organize my extra creatures today. I keep making spontaneous new tabs for extra critters I acquire and now the amount I have is ridiculous lol! :lol: It's driving me crazy trying to find creatures because all my tabs are filled to the brim and my CPU takes a nosedive trying to load everything. (I know the bestiary shows where creatures are in your Keep and there's also ctrl+f, but my browser still freaks out trying to load a tab of 500+ critters.) I'm going to also organize my gift tab to. My end goal is to have things organized by stream, shop, quest, event, etc. I want to do it before Winter Solstice because it'll make gifting sooo much easier when going through wishlists and breeding anything I might have. ^.^

The new tabs might look a little disorganized until the issue preventing tabs from being able to move around is resolved, but I'm fine with waiting. I just know I'll be a much happy camper with everything organized lol.

***Edit: :sweat: Okay now that I'm seeing the amount of creatures in my adult tab, I might organize that one too lol! Same plan, but I think I'll put hatchlings and eggs in there too. I want a pair of male and females for both hatchlings and adults. That'll make things easier when trying to see what I already have and what I still need to get.
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

pegasi1978 wrote: November 13th, 2023, 4:20:50 am Woke up and can't go back to sleep. Will make for a very long day tomorrow. Younger cat has been curled up beside me almost every night lately. I think she misses her mother. We all do.

We still don't know what it was that had her so sick, but she's no longer in pain. That was one of the hardest things we've had to decide. She showed no improvement after a week spent at the vet and it all was for naught. We brought her home for the weekend, but she was so .... I can't put it into words. We made the call last Monday and she's buried in the yard in a quiet spot.
Like the others, sending a big hug. I still remember both of our first two cats. Frain had a tumour on her paw so we had to put her out of her misery, the entire time that was going on I was downstairs playing Minecraft Team Skywars.
Sterne was simply getting old and we didn't want him to suffer... He was an amazing cat, very much "Protec da child" towards me (He would find me if I was feeling bad and comfort me), and I miss him a lot...
:t-hugs:
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Unbelievable. I always thought if I get hit by a vehicle, it would be crossing the road or something. NOT in a damn parking lot while loading groceries.

I'm bruised, but otherwise alright. Cops are looking for the truck driver since it was a hit and run to boot. Thankfully a witness got the plate number.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

Glad you're OK Revan *gentle hugs*
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Revan wrote: November 13th, 2023, 10:10:56 pm Unbelievable. I always thought if I get hit by a vehicle, it would be crossing the road or something. NOT in a damn parking lot while loading groceries.

I'm bruised, but otherwise alright. Cops are looking for the truck driver since it was a hit and run to boot. Thankfully a witness got the plate number.
Glad you weren't seriously injured. :t-hugs: Wishing you luck with your case. Hopefully it'll be quick since you were able to give the police the license plate number (as well as a description of the truck that hit you, I'm guessing).
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

please look up nuthatches they are extremely birb shaped and they hang upsidedown like squirrels
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aflame »

Solbrekt wrote: November 14th, 2023, 3:57:54 am please look up nuthatches they are extremely birb shaped and they hang upsidedown like squirrels
i adore nuthatches!! there's a bunch in the trees near my house and it's so funny how they descend down trees headfirst in a spiral
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

SabbaticalJester
CreaturesTrade

Post by SabbaticalJester »

Nuthatches are darling!
Here for the nostalgia, left... Because of ADHD :derr:
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

SirChicken wrote: November 14th, 2023, 1:21:44 am
Revan wrote: November 13th, 2023, 10:10:56 pm Unbelievable. I always thought if I get hit by a vehicle, it would be crossing the road or something. NOT in a damn parking lot while loading groceries.

Glad you weren't seriously injured. :t-hugs: Wishing you luck with your case. Hopefully it'll be quick since you were able to give the police the license plate number (as well as a description of the truck that hit you, I'm guessing).
Witnesses got everything, including a description of the driver (a woman). Officers are a bit concerned because it was an out of state plate, but they said they would reach out to that state's police department and see if there's anything on record. If so, they'll flag the plate and notify adjacent states as well to be on the lookout.

I was very lucky. Officers and everyone said it could have been way worse. I had been loading my car with groceries when the truck shot backward out of a parking space right into me, pinning me between the two vehicles. I had maybe a half a foot of space, and the woman in the truck still was trying to back up, but a lot of witnesses thankfully started screaming at her and banging on her truck to get her to stop. She apparently did turn back and look at me, according to witnesses, but then switched gears and sped out of the parking lot.

Officers said if I have been bending down or smaller, I probably would have been killed if my head have been caught in the gap instead of my leg and arm. A small child certainly would have been.

Still kinda shaky about it. It's a scary thought, and it's not like you expect to be hit by a vehicle when you're loading the truck of your car. Definitely going to be a lot more aware of my surroundings after this.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Revan wrote: November 14th, 2023, 4:51:57 pmWitnesses got everything, including a description of the driver (a woman). Officers are a bit concerned because it was an out of state plate, but they said they would reach out to that state's police department and see if there's anything on record. If so, they'll flag the plate and notify adjacent states as well to be on the lookout.

I was very lucky. Officers and everyone said it could have been way worse. I had been loading my car with groceries when the truck shot backward out of a parking space right into me, pinning me between the two vehicles. I had maybe a half a foot of space, and the woman in the truck still was trying to back up, but a lot of witnesses thankfully started screaming at her and banging on her truck to get her to stop. She apparently did turn back and look at me, according to witnesses, but then switched gears and sped out of the parking lot.

Officers said if I have been bending down or smaller, I probably would have been killed if my head have been caught in the gap instead of my leg and arm. A small child certainly would have been.

Still kinda shaky about it. It's a scary thought, and it's not like you expect to be hit by a vehicle when you're loading the truck of your car. Definitely going to be a lot more aware of my surroundings after this.
O.o Holy crow, that's horrifying. I'm glad you're okay, it sounds like you got very lucky indeed!

__

What a freaking day. I can count on one hand the number of times I've completely forgotten to set my alarm, and last night was one of those times. I woke up 18 minutes before I had to walk out the door for work. Work was then a complete circus from the moment we opened, and only devolved throughout the day. I've now got yet another headache and nausea again; seems like it's a daily occurrence for me these days. I'm tired of feeling so physically ill all the time :sleep: Probably going to try to go to bed early and hope I feel well enough tomorrow when I get off work to take Radar on a walk when I get home.
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.

Return to “Community Discussion”