How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by SirChicken »

Ayakashi wrote: September 29th, 2023, 9:49:29 pm Update, my cat is okay. She made it through surgery and is alert and responsive. They're keeping her overnight for observation, so she'll come home tomorrow. She just has to relearn how to use her jaw.

Downside is the surgeon said he was not properly advised of what she actually had. There was just a hematoma under her tongue that he fixed with one stitch, but a second mass behind the first polyp that he was to remove. He got out as much as he could, and she should be able to go back to a normal life. The extra mass was sent for biopsy, so fingers crossed that that's not some cancer and all of the polyp was removed so that it won't grow back.
I'm glad the surgery went okay! I hope your kitty starts feeling better! <3

~~~~~~

Health rant
Spoiler
This past month has been absolutely brutal for me. I have barely done anything outside of waking up dead tired and just lying around all day in bed. My joints have been at their worst lately. I think I've drawn a whopping 2 times since August. I've barely touched my games because I just don't feel like playing at all (even though one just had a major update). The Pokemon dlc took me over a week to finish because I wouldn't play anything on some days. My energy also tanks around 2pm. Sometimes I'm so exhausted that I completely crash or have a strong desire to rest (it's not something like narcolepsy). I yawn excessively too, which I wonder might be due to my anxiety coming back... Who knows?

Anyways, I cannot wait for my appointments this month with my rheumatologist and endocrinologist! :| Especially the rheumatologist. I wish I had done a 6 month follow-up instead 1 year. I thought my health would improve a little if I waited it out, but it's only become worse lol.
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
pies
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by pies »

mental health stuff (mostly positive though)
Spoiler
Phew… my emotions have been a rollercoaster this weekend. I might finally be moving out. I was supposed to move out last year, but the authorities wouldn’t allow me and it was awful… went into a dark place, kept spending all my money on meaningless items to make me temporarily feel better, got caught up in bad things. I’m not fully recovered from last year but I’m slowly getting better. And I am terrified of the move. it’s been so long and I’m ready for it… but I didn’t realise how scary it would be. And if I don’t move out… damn it this is one tough choice. It’s best for me to move out.

And today I went to my all-time favourite place, that happens to be where I was born. It was beautiful there. I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of today, I even got the chance to explore places I’ve never been before there! I looked in the mirror and I look so different to this time last year. Reminds me of the transformation photos my friend showed me. I look a lot happier and healthier, my spark is back. And I feel so much more confident.

But this evening has been stressful and scary. I randomly started dissociating again and it feels like crap, and it’s been months since I last had that dreadful feeling. Must be the atmosphere. I hope it passes.

Also gonna talk to the doctor. Though my mental health’s on the mend, I am still a little worried. I’ll be having a great day and randomly be hit with an awful one. Sometimes I break down for no reason. But the future looks bright.
-✨✨✨✨⭐️🦌⭐️✨✨✨✨-

Pie/Leo ✨ she/her ✨ socially anxious mess

✨ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ✨
Help them grow! ⬆️

🎵 Jorja Smith - Little Things x Gypsy Woman

To everyone that has gifted me: thank you so much, every gift is treasured! <3

ImageImage

✨ Final Outpost ✨

-✨✨✨✨⭐️🦌⭐️✨✨✨✨-
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

my friend wanted to have a party because i started t
she made me a cake. i
she made me a cake.
my friend got so excited for me that she made me a cake. not just a normal cake either, no, she made a lumberjack cake. she made 3 cakes. and stuck them together. to make a plaid patterned cake. and then frosted and bark'd the ouside to look like a section of a birch log. do you understand the amount of effort? do I understand the amount of effort?
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Ayakashi wrote: September 29th, 2023, 10:36:13 am My cat Myckah goes in for surgery today. Crossing my fingers that they don't say she's too underweight to be put under. She can't eat due to the lump in her mouth, so if they do that will be a death sentence for her. There's no way to get a feeding tube down her throat, and if they can't put her under to remove the lump, they can't put her under to put one in her side, and there's no other way to get weight on her without one. This wouldn't have happened if they hadn't taken so long to get the biopsy results back to us so we could schedule the surgery sooner. Instead, she's almost a month without food. We at least found a way for her to drink water easily from the sink, but that's it.
Your poor baby! My Jinxybelle got a bad UTI that spread to her respiratory (IDK that could happen, but that’s what they said… She had symptoms of both UTI and URI) and went almost a week without food because she was too sick while the vet first tried **an oral medication** before giving her a shot. I was literally sitting with her crying while I tried to get her even a bite. I couldn’t imagine 4x as long. Add in that I see your update about the surgeon not being told wtf to do and I’d be tempted to threaten a lawsuit for torturing my baby girl.

Good luck to yours and hopefully it’s all removed and cleared up.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

Airasyraye wrote: October 2nd, 2023, 10:04:49 am
Ayakashi wrote: September 29th, 2023, 10:36:13 am My cat Myckah goes in for surgery today. Crossing my fingers that they don't say she's too underweight to be put under. She can't eat due to the lump in her mouth, so if they do that will be a death sentence for her. There's no way to get a feeding tube down her throat, and if they can't put her under to remove the lump, they can't put her under to put one in her side, and there's no other way to get weight on her without one. This wouldn't have happened if they hadn't taken so long to get the biopsy results back to us so we could schedule the surgery sooner. Instead, she's almost a month without food. We at least found a way for her to drink water easily from the sink, but that's it.
Your poor baby! My Jinxybelle got a bad UTI that spread to her respiratory (IDK that could happen, but that’s what they said… She had symptoms of both UTI and URI) and went almost a week without food because she was too sick while the vet first tried **an oral medication** before giving her a shot. I was literally sitting with her crying while I tried to get her even a bite. I couldn’t imagine 4x as long. Add in that I see your update about the surgeon not being told wtf to do and I’d be tempted to threaten a lawsuit for torturing my baby girl.

Good luck to yours and hopefully it’s all removed and cleared up.
Oh, he was told what to do. "Remove a lump from under tongue." It was the extent that he wasn't told about. Apparently, they only briefed him about the one lump, but he found a second larger one behind the first, and even with that, what they said it was, he doesn't think it was. They said it was a non-viral polyp. He thinks it was something else. Now we're waiting on a biopsy of the second lump.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

I regret not reworking a description for a very old OC of mine sooner. I've had the character since early 2020 (back then my descriptions were horrible), and in I'd say late 2021-mid 2022 is when I started actually reworking older descriptions for my characters to add new information, improve... well, everything in some cases honestly (looking at you two, OC_Esther and Tiger...), and have descriptions always ready in one large document on my laptop instead of scattered across various differently named documents on my phone (While my description documents on my phone still aren't sorted too well, it's at least better than it was on my old phone).
I'm genuinely afraid of having to look for wherever this character's most recent description is as I expect it to be from 2021 or 2020 and I don't like having to read those descriptions...
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
midnightem
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by midnightem »

Kinda frustrated-endes up with two sick chinchillas and no where around me looks at exotic pets!

"Wishing you success on your new adventure!"

SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Spoiler for some icky stuff
Spoiler
My poor Mochi left me a lovely surprise this early morning. I woke up to her whining and clawing at my door around 3 o'clock. She usually gets let out when my mom goes to work (usually at 4 AM, but she's working from home today, so she wouldn't be awake until 5 AM). So naturally, I thought Mochi had woken up early and thought it was time to go out. (I also thought she might have heard the puppy going outside to go potty and wanted out too.)

When she wouldn't stop making noise, I got up half asleep and sternly told her to stop and go back to sleep. Crawled back into my bed, and not even a minute later, she gets sick to her stomach. She was trying to tell me she had to go out because she had to throw up... T_T I let her out and she gets sick again in the living room. Poor pup... I grabbed all the cleaning stuff and went back into my room, and as I cleaned the spots, I kept getting wafted by a weird, unpleasant smell. I didn't think it was the vomit because it was only bile, and I didn't think it was the room itself because it usually doesn't smell... I walked around to the other side of my bed and saw a big ole cow pie on my rug that had been there for at least a few hours. I was THIS close to sympathy vomiting... I can handle cleaning vomit, but not poo, and certainly not nasty diarrhea. >.< My mom offered to clean it for me, gawd bless her soul!

This reminds me of my mom's coworker having nearly the same thing happen to him. His dog has to be let out to go to the bathroom and wakes him or his fiancée up by nudging the bed. But one night, they accidentally closed the bedroom door. The dog clawed at the door trying to tell them he had to go, but neither of them realized the door was closed (they thought it was open and he was just playing with the door because he's a puppy). They woke up in the morning to diarrhea all over the house.
I apologized to Mochi for getting mad and gave her lots of pets.
Please help my babies grow C:

sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Goodness, but things are different around here.

I hope everyone is well. Never stopped thinking of you all, or missing this place terribly <3
Be kind.
Please do not click any hatchlings in my Main tab. Thank you.
Syndicate
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Syndicate »

Assignment Due + Covid brain fog Everything = Struggle.

I need ice-cream. :yarly:

Return to “Community Discussion”