O Solstice Night (Creatures 1284 - 1286)

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

Without doing a google search, what do you think the actual meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas is?

Poll ended at December 31st, 2021, 9:29:13 am

Biblical
34%
Mythical
17%
Fantasy
12%
Coal in your stocking
3%
Partridge in a Pear tree
35%

Total votes: 144

Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Re: O Solstice Night (Creatures 1284 - 1286)

Post by Chimera »

Oh god, lag's back D: Absolutely obsessed so far with the Sylphs. Year after year when they come out I absolutely adore them to bits
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

Hmmm. I noticed the poll. "Without doing a google search, what do you think the actual meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas is?"

Personally, it is a kitty cat dinner show song. Lots of tasty birds, milk, music, dancers, and a scratchy post of a tree to climb.
Chimera wrote:Oh god, lag's back D: Absolutely obsessed so far with the Sylphs. Year after year when they come out I absolutely adore them to bits
I can't wait to see the Sylphs as adults.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

Rainwater wrote:Hmmm. I noticed the poll. "Without doing a google search, what do you think the actual meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas is?"

Personally, it is a kitty cat dinner show song. Lots of tasty birds, milk, music, dancers, and a scratchy post of a tree to climb.
LOL Now that's funny. XD
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Event pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds,
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, All Wraithes
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: All Event pets, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 25/25 gifts
Ryves
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ryves »

Granitore wrote:WAIT??? There is no special drink in remys inn ???
Yeah, I was looking forward to getting pine needles stuck in my teeth or christmas ornaments hanging from my shirtsleeves or something!

I was hoping the noelino was a christmas kitty but the adorable hamster is almost as good. Eagerly awaiting the snowchin adult...
Image Find something you love as much as a pumpkin wyrm loves pumpkin seeds. Image
himehana
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by himehana »

All the creatures are fluffy! so excited especially for the Sylph! I've missed all the past ones so going to try my hardest to collect a ton of them this event!
Cats are a favorite but I'll be happy to accept anything you're willing to gift.
There is a wishlist on my profile if you want more specifics on what I'm looking for.

Please do not click on anything outside of the Main keep tab
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

Male Icy Snowchin:

While their size changes often when they are young, one is able to tell when a Snowchin is fully grown by the development of their paws and snowy, fluffy tails. Instead of rolling in snow with their whole bodies, they now use their paws to make sculptures, shaping the snow into a variety of things. In nature, they are inclined to shape the snow into nuts or fruits that they will then eat. Some suspect that they change the taste and nutritional value with magic, although tests by magi have revealed that their sculpted food still just tastes like snow. With training, they can sculpt beautiful statues out of snow, with dexterity unmatched by human hands.
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Stray
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Stray »

Anyone know if there's a Solstice Caravan this year? The lag is so bad for me I'm have a hard time navigating the forums...
ImageSocially distancing from 2023....Image
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Rainwater wrote:Hmmm. I noticed the poll. "Without doing a google search, what do you think the actual meaning of the 12 Days of Christmas is?"

Laughs at the poll in Folklorist. To assume this Can O Mystery Meat of a holiday has any one meaning or root is just adorable. Yes, the song included. There IS an actual answer, of course, via the lyricist who wrote it, but you can pull any element in the song in about 8 different ways for why they were included.

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

I need sooooo many of those sylphs!
25/25 thank you so much
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

After years of sylph origins being a closely guarded secret, magi at the Keep woke up one cold morning to discover decorations hanging from every tree in sight and a gorgeous, previously unknown variety of sylph perched upon them, trilling bell calls at each other. Keep researchers have since found that they arrive from lands yet undiscovered on the far side of the world, using their masterful control over wind to make the unfathomably long journey, and the Synaran varieties were likely carefully cultivated from these wild ones. They arrive only when it snows and disappear again when the weather grows warm, and appear to have taken up residence at the Keep in particular due to the abundance of shiny things they can steal to decorate trees with there at wintertime. Male ornate sylphs claim a tree and then use whatever shiny things they can find to festoon it. They then perch upon it, displaying their bright feathers and chiming at passing females, who choose mates based upon which tree is best decorated. In their zeal to decorate, no tree is safe, not even oracle trees or vosmari, and so it is not uncommon to see brightly decorated trees slowly migrating around the Keep with a mildly alarmed sylph perched upon it during solstice celebrations.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”