Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Iliad
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Seekers Of Ash | OOC | Sign Up

Post by Iliad »

Kirorokat1132 wrote:Sorey, may I also use your image as the reference for Fera? I'm doing a colored-version and I'd credit you for the line art? :angel:
Of course! And like I said to Duragi, if you'd like I can scan and edit for better quality if you want me to.
TUMBLR / TWITTER
I am the tactician.
Keep Alm's codpiece away 2k17.
Kirorokat1132
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kirorokat1132 »

Thanks! I was able to trace over it just fine. I totally copped out on the chainmail, though, but it's done and I'm really glad to have a picture to go with her description, thank you!
I really need more active RP's to be in, so if y'all know of any hit me up!
Duragi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Duragi »

I might not be here for a bit because I'm all crashed out from all the flights/reception/family bonding whatever.
Sorey wrote: I MISSED THIS SORRY
Yes you totally can! I can scan/edit for better quality if you want.

And no worries, DaedAir, I'm pretty out of here until finals finish. :I

I'll leave tht decision up to you because right now I'm all out of energy and brainpower.
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

No worries Duragi. I figured we would wait for Applemint to get their character sheet up before we posted further in the roleplay. Sound like a good idea??

FACELESS ONES!!!!
Spoiler

ON A HIATUS DUE TO RL CRAP. ALL SERVICES CONDUCTED BY ME (DaedAir) ARE HEREBY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Foleo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

Sorry, I couldn't finish it this weekend! It'll be up by the next!

Question: How does one learn to be a necromancer? Is it generally passed down through families, or can only certain individuals learn it, or???

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

asa (left) created by Iliad. kanoi (right) mine.

formerly Applemint, PhoenixFireDream.
DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

Applemint wrote:Sorry, I couldn't finish it this weekend! It'll be up by the next!

Question: How does one learn to be a necromancer? Is it generally passed down through families, or can only certain individuals learn it, or???
Good question.
It can be passed down through families.
But it is not uncommon to do discover this on accident. (ie - you and friends were messing around and you say a few words and accidentally summon a spirit that way)

Like Magic, Necromancy is something that can be learned. It is not necessarily passed down from a family member like genes are. Although something like that could happen (which would in result in a rather powerful Necro). Although with Necromancy, it can not be studied like Magic can. You can not pick a book up and read on Necromancy. There is no "Necromancy For Dummies" book out there. You either summon the spirit or you do not.

However, the more powerful the spirit you are summoning, The more strength, Will power, and over all concentration you need. For example, summoning a regular town's person should be an easy feat for any Necro. But summoning a Warrior or Mage or what have you, requires more of what I stated above. This is because most Spirits wish to rest in piece, and therefore will resist you at any and all costs. But once you successfully summon a Spirit, they will obey your command.

Spirits can not stay in the Plain that our characters live in for very long. A few minutes at most.

Like Mages, once you summon a Spirit and that Spirit leaves, you Must rest. You must regain what ever strength, Will power, and concentration you used.

Mages Can Not Raise The Dead.
Mages and Necros are two completely different classes.
Necros Can Use Magic. But They can not Summon and Use magic at the same time. I am considering that God Modeing. Maybe in my new Rp this will be possible.

Does this make sense Applemint?
ON A HIATUS DUE TO RL CRAP. ALL SERVICES CONDUCTED BY ME (DaedAir) ARE HEREBY SUSPENDED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Foleo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

Yep, that makes sense! Thanks for such a detailed response!

Could you elaborate on necros being able to use magic? Does it come with the craft, or do they have to study magic like mages do?

Also, is there any chance of a freshly summoned spirit trying to attack the necromancer?

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

Applemint wrote:Yep, that makes sense! Thanks for such a detailed response!

Could you elaborate on necros being able to use magic? Does it come with the craft, or do they have to study magic like mages do?

Also, is there any chance of a freshly summoned spirit trying to attack the necromancer?
No problem!!!!

Necros have to study it like mages do.
And a spirit will attack or try to attack it's summoner until it is fully summoned. Once fully summoned, the spirit recognizes the potential and power of the Necro and obeys. (so...this is really similar to Pokemon xD )
Foleo
CreaturesTrade

Post by Foleo »

Wow, this sounds really interesting! So much horror material....
They can not Summon and Use magic at the same time.

So does this mean that a necromancer could not, say, put a binding hex on a summoned spirit that's trying to attack them?

Also, is it probable for someone to study necromancy but not other types of magic? And say, carry around a sword to protect themselves/fight when needed?

keep story

art by @c.kim.ovo

DaedAir
CreaturesTrade

Post by DaedAir »

I'm gonna say no to the binding Hex. Just because you would have to cast magic to use it...and like I stated above...I consider it God Mode.

And yes. Someone can study Necromancy and also use a sword/armor to protect themselves. Necromancy can be a duel class.

Return to “Backstage”