How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by NyxNoire »

Merkwerkee wrote:The landlord stole my fucking toilet
Spoiler
D: :look: :crazy: WTF!?!?
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Post by VilaWolf »

Spoiler
... ... ... ...
... ... ... ... da fuq
... ... ... ...
* physically restraining myself from saying stupid joke *
contact either the press or code enforcement? maybe both?

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Some context: I live in Texas

A little more context: I live in a two-and-a-half-bath townhome in Texas, which had uninsulated pipes running from the ground floor right by an outside wall and up into the upstairs bathrooms (I know cuz the hot water tap runs 90 F whenever you turn it on in the summertime). So they've been trying to fix it but I'm about at the end of my rope with these contractors because they busted up my garden and left every door in the place standing open last time they were in - including the front and back doors.

Plus my toilet is gone and I can see daylight coming in through the holes in the wall. Vaguely peeved, sent a nastygram to the front office about it. Hopefully they'll come down like a ton of bricks on those idiots.

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by VilaWolf »

Merkwerkee wrote:Some context: I live in Texas

A little more context: I live in a two-and-a-half-bath townhome in Texas, which had uninsulated pipes running from the ground floor right by an outside wall and up into the upstairs bathrooms (I know cuz the hot water tap runs 90 F whenever you turn it on in the summertime). So they've been trying to fix it but I'm about at the end of my rope with these contractors because they busted up my garden and left every door in the place standing open last time they were in - including the front and back doors.

Plus my toilet is gone and I can see daylight coming in through the holes in the wall. Vaguely peeved, sent a nastygram to the front office about it. Hopefully they'll come down like a ton of bricks on those idiots.
... ... ... ... ... ... ... do you have anything to go on?

Still, call the local news and code enforcement. This is too hilarious to not make a sink about. Sorry. Your landlord stole your toilet via shady as hell contractors. "Have you seen my toilet? Missing since ____. Answers to the name of John." Fliers.

Edit: speaking of Code, they showed up today. One of the neighbors called them because the fence is still down and all property management has been saying is 'we'll get the estimates to the owner'.

My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

Spoiler
O.o Wtf!? *speechless* I think the landlord was a little too needy...
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Slight mini rant, but I am so sick of YouTube pushing pregnancy announcement videos. More under the spoiler... (TW: Miscarriage)
Spoiler
They get posted on the trending page and stay there forever. I get it; it's exciting, but there's always at least one on the trending page.
And a lot of couples seem very young and a bit naive when it comes to pregnancy announcements. Usually they advise you to wait to reveal that you're pregnant (at least to anyone that isn't immediate family) until at least after your 1st trimester because that's when miscarriages are most likely to happen. And it's sad whenever I see a "We're having a baby!" turn into "I miscarried" a few weeks later. I mean, I'm all for anyone talking about their miscarriage; that can be extremely hard to do and I admire them for being so open about it. But I wonder if more of these miscarriage videos are being made because these YouTubers have already uploaded a pregnancy announcement video and viewers might wonder why they aren't showing/pregnant anymore sometime later. It's like they're a rock in a hard place and feel pressured to share something so personal and traumatic... It's all honestly really sad.
@Merk
Wowie, that's nuts! O.o I hope that all gets sorted out for you and you get your toilet back. I can't believe they just up and took it without leaving you a replacement...
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sharl
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sharl »

AssassinsCreed wrote:
Spoiler
O.o Wtf!? *speechless* I think the landlord was a little too needy...
Who steals a toilet from their tenant?
http://magistream.com/user/Sharl
From childhood’s hour I have not been
As others were—I have not seen
As others saw—I could not bring
My passions from a common spring—
Edgar Allan Poe, 'Alone'

Dancingstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dancingstar »

>only needs one moss snail
>have two pairs of m/f
>neither of them want to breed

Image[
NaoKitsune
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by NaoKitsune »

Weather update: still raining. Up to about 40” since Friday. Flash flood warnings in effect. Super glad I stocked up on food & water. Rain is so pretty when you don’t have to be working in it.

Edit: it stopped! Kinda. We’re still getting some on and off but it’s not coming down in buckets like it was. :D
Last edited by NaoKitsune on March 11th, 2021, 7:47:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by VilaWolf »

It's raining off and on. The fence is still down.

.. I should say it's /trying/ to rain. Every couple hours or so it's try to rain then more wind.

Edit: Info I just learned and find hilarious:
The End of the World folks in my town are no longer knocking on doors due to plauge. They instead bought a cell phone list and have been making calls.

The folks who go for to door about the apocalypse won't go door to door because of apocalypse.

My Wish List

Return to “Community Discussion”