Report site errors here

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Re: Report site errors here

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:There's been a glitch recently where it looks like you got the egg AND you got the message, but you actually didn't. For some unknown reason you get connected to someone else's Keep and they are the one who really got the egg. Unless you look and see your user name as the owner, the glitch could have got you. It's been reported.
Your experiencing the same glitch.. only the other player is egglocked, not you.
05/24/2024 Moving Day - not sure how long I will be offline
LokiWolfbane
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by LokiWolfbane »

My embed multiple keeps going black.. Like falling into an abyss.

LTB Huge List
LTS Thread
Gold Mining Welcome
--/25 presents
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Can't reproduce this anymore because it's no longer the event, but yesterday I tried to grab some more event eggs from the stream before the event ended and it told me that I couldn't take care of more than 7 eggs. I definitely only had two eggs, though, especially since when I clicked on one of my eggs it only showed two total eggs in the "more eggs" section. I did happen to have 5 presents, though. I assume that the present count got involved. Maybe this is working as intended, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work this way in previous events.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Kestrad wrote:Can't reproduce this anymore because it's no longer the event, but yesterday I tried to grab some more event eggs from the stream before the event ended and it told me that I couldn't take care of more than 7 eggs. I definitely only had two eggs, though, especially since when I clicked on one of my eggs it only showed two total eggs in the "more eggs" section. I did happen to have 5 presents, though. I assume that the present count got involved. Maybe this is working as intended, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work this way in previous events.
When you click one of your eggs, it will only show the eggs in your Main tab, so you can't use that. It used to show all the live eggs but that was a problem for people safeguarding live eggs to use for quests.

Use this --> https://magistream.com/stats.php <-- found directly under the logout button when you're in your Keep.
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
Natakiro
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Natakiro »

For some reason, I can't get the descriptions of my families to save. It acts like it does, but when I revisit the page, it's all gone :/ I get this string at the top of the page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_adopt.php on line 2220: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given

It does it to every family I have tried to edit.
✝ Born-Again Christian ✝
Dragon CavedeviantART
My families; PM if you want any offspring!
★★★ My Wishlist ★★★
<3 God bless! <3
Lunalux
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunalux »

i get an error when i try to make a new lineage. when i come back to my keep i have a new egg but without lineage.
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

NyxNoire wrote:
Kestrad wrote:Can't reproduce this anymore because it's no longer the event, but yesterday I tried to grab some more event eggs from the stream before the event ended and it told me that I couldn't take care of more than 7 eggs. I definitely only had two eggs, though, especially since when I clicked on one of my eggs it only showed two total eggs in the "more eggs" section. I did happen to have 5 presents, though. I assume that the present count got involved. Maybe this is working as intended, but I'm pretty sure it didn't work this way in previous events.
When you click one of your eggs, it will only show the eggs in your Main tab, so you can't use that. It used to show all the live eggs but that was a problem for people safeguarding live eggs to use for quests.

Use this --> https://magistream.com/stats.php <-- found directly under the logout button when you're in your Keep.
Thanks, Nyx. Even according to the stats page, I only have two live eggs (the same as the ones I had when this issue occured), so it must have been counting my live eggs and the presents. I can gather eggs from the stream now, though, so it's a moot point.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Kestrad wrote:
NyxNoire wrote:

Thanks, Nyx. Even according to the stats page, I only have two live eggs (the same as the ones I had when this issue occured), so it must have been counting my live eggs and the presents. I can gather eggs from the stream now, though, so it's a moot point.
The thing that checks if you are at the egg limit does not ever check or count your presents.

I have been unable to reproduce the egg limit problem on my computer up until now, but I just figured out how to get the erroneous full egglimit message intentionally. So now that I know how to reproduce it, I can start to look for the cause and fix it. I already have quite a good idea as to what's the reason the site sometimes says you are at the egg limit even if you are not. I'm hoping to get this fixed today once I get to the computer properly.

--------------

Natakiro wrote:For some reason, I can't get the descriptions of my families to save. It acts like it does, but when I revisit the page, it's all gone :/ I get this string at the top of the page:

[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_adopt.php on line 2220: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given

It does it to every family I have tried to edit.
I'll fix this later today.

--------------

Lunalux wrote:i get an error when i try to make a new lineage. when i come back to my keep i have a new egg but without lineage.
Can you post what kind of an error message you get?
Lunalux
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunalux »

Will try to reproduce it. I tried it with other creatures, they made a normal lineage.
My Albino Wolpertinger didnt want to make a new egg. but i get this
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_adopt.php on line 1506: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given
message on the site with the message that they dont wanted to make an egg
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Lunalux wrote:Will try to reproduce it. I tried it with other creatures, they made a normal lineage.
My Albino Wolpertinger didnt want to make a new egg. but i get this
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions_adopt.php on line 1506: mysqli_real_escape_string() expects exactly 2 parameters, 1 given
message on the site with the message that they dont wanted to make an egg
Alright, thanks! I'll get to fixing this one later today as well. ^_^

Return to “Support and Suggestions”