How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Silverdove
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Silverdove »

Having a nice, quiet morning. :) It's a little aggravating though. We seem to still have a glitch. Every time I go to the Black Market and buy something I get logged out as I click on my Keep. It also happens if I click over from this page. Any suggestions? Could it be my hubbys laptop or due to the down time me had?

Edit: Seems to be ok now. No more logging out. :D

Gifts: 19/25
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

I've held this rant in for a few days! :lol:
Spoiler
So I'm quitting the second job I took. This place.... I've always shopped here, but now I know they're awful to their employees. I mean, I should say they have good benefits and stuff for full time but they treat the part time people like trash. As the PT employee, I'm basically saddled with all the cleaning by myself. It takes me almost 2 hours to get the cleaning list done to the manager's specs because I'll get my ass chewed out if I don't do it perfectly. I've already been told I need to get faster and better at folding clothes "their way" because I'm wasting their time. I'm pretty much the only one that cleans out dressing rooms. Thursday night, it took me 1.5 hours to put back all the unwanted clothes from the dressing rooms while the manager stood there on the phone with another manager.

What really set me off though is when I walked in from teaching (wearing dress pants, a nice blouse FROM THIS STORE, and dress shoes) and I was given 3 pointers on how I can "Look better" next time. I mean, seriously? You're seriously going to sit there and degrade my outfit for a $9/hr part time job where I maybe get 3 hours a day? I'm not allowed to wear sneakers. I can only wear jeans if it's their store brand. We're not allowed to sit. We don't even have a break lounge where we can sit, hell we don't even get breaks unless we work 8 hour shifts and that's a 30 min lunch break so I usually go sit in my car.

This company has such outdated ideals and practices. All employees must wear makeup and jewelry to look "more presentable" to the customer. They basically don't hire men so they can get away with it. Now before you say "that's discrimination!" Yes, it is, but they can get away with it by what they ask in the interview. They ask a lot of questions about women's fashion because it is a female-clothing store.

On a personal note: I feel like I'm failing as a teacher because I'm too tired after part-time job to truly prep for my classes the next day. That's not acceptable to me. Teaching is my main job. It's my salary. This was only for fun money/extra money.

I'll just do without extra money and crack down on my spending. I need to get my credit cards paid off from this move.

TLDR; part time job is not a good fit for me even though I like the clothing from that company so today is my last day.
AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

This is the 15th damn fucking moth that got into my room. One scared the shit out of me this morning, flapping all around nearby my head and waked me up. This one is chilling on my door D<

I have to get it out of my room somehow :sulk:
So...lets throw...toilet paper at it. Hopefully, my cat is nearby.

Kittyyy kitty kitty,come here..time to take care of mini-Behemoth!
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

So, one of my cats had been off his feed lately. He tends to be a portly fellow, so this was concerning. Wednesday I took him to the vet and his bloodwork showed he has some problems with his liver. FeLuk/FIV negative, so the vet gave him some shots and some pills to see if he improves. Today I came home to find this:
(TW violence)
Spoiler
I think he's feeling better.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Spoiler
My mom is gaslighting me. I don't understand what she wants from me :(
I left my candle's lid off and I think my dumb cat chewed off the wick. It was brand new and I hadn't even a chance to light it yet, so now I'm going to have to dig some wax out just to be able to get some more wick exposed. Damn thing was expensive, so I'm not throwing it away :facepalm:
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

Anyone have advice on getting cats and dogs to get along? My dog is doing well with not chasing the cat -- she hardly even pays attention to it. But my cat keeps stalking around my dog, and seems really stressed. She will stalk around for a while and then slowly approach the dog and hiss/growl. I guess it's good they aren't outright fighting, but I'm wondering if I could be doing anything to make my cat more comfortable. Keep in mind this is only day two of them being back together under one roof since I was away a year. Before I left I hadn't had my cat long, so I had just kept them separated. I still keep them separated while I'm asleep bu putting my dog in the bathroom since I'm not there to supervise. But I'd really love to have them both have free reign of my apartment 24/7.
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Spoiler
DarkPanther wrote:Anyone have advice on getting cats and dogs to get along? My dog is doing well with not chasing the cat -- she hardly even pays attention to it. But my cat keeps stalking around my dog, and seems really stressed. She will stalk around for a while and then slowly approach the dog and hiss/growl. I guess it's good they aren't outright fighting, but I'm wondering if I could be doing anything to make my cat more comfortable. Keep in mind this is only day two of them being back together under one roof since I was away a year. Before I left I hadn't had my cat long, so I had just kept them separated. I still keep them separated while I'm asleep bu putting my dog in the bathroom since I'm not there to supervise. But I'd really love to have them both have free reign of my apartment 24/7.
I wish I had advice since I have cats and dogs cohabitating myself. One of our small dogs gets along great with both cats. The other small dog nips towards the cats if they get too close. And the big dog likes to pretend to chase both cats so they'll startle and run away. It's been like that for years despite trying to train the bad behaviors out.
Fortunately, we have more space than an apartment, so the dogs stay upstairs and the cats tend to stay in the family room :/
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

NyxNoire
Site Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

MistyoC wrote:So, one of my cats had been off his feed lately. He tends to be a portly fellow, so this was concerning. Wednesday I took him to the vet and his bloodwork showed he has some problems with his liver. FeLuk/FIV negative, so the vet gave him some shots and some pills to see if he improves. Today I came home to find this:
(TW violence)
Spoiler
Aww, he got you a present as thanks :D
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImage ImageImageImage ImageImage
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

NyxNoire wrote:
MistyoC wrote:So, one of my cats had been off his feed lately. He tends to be a portly fellow, so this was concerning. Wednesday I took him to the vet and his bloodwork showed he has some problems with his liver. FeLuk/FIV negative, so the vet gave him some shots and some pills to see if he improves. Today I came home to find this:
(TW violence)
Spoiler
Aww, he got you a present as thanks :D
O That wasn't for me, he wanted to eat it! He's not too happy with getting pills daily. He bit 4 of my fingers last night. Oddly, giving him shots is not an issue.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

I'm so excited for autumn. I've been suffering all summer.
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

Return to “Community Discussion”