How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Ayakashi »

HiddenMystic wrote:
Soleil wrote:By this time next week I'll be $-300 in the bank and no paycheck until September 5th. I've asked my mom multiple times for help, she says she'll do it but always 'forgets' to send me the money.

I interviewed with a retail shop on Thursday last week, she was supposed to let us know something by today or tomorrow at the latest. Either way, I'm screwed right now.
What happened with Kohl's? Around here they hire teachers as well as college students a lot it seems like when I stupidly go to the mall (I hate the mall lol),
You're in DFW, right? If you can be on your feet for 6 hours a day, I can recommend a company that can work around your school schedule. Starts at $10 an hour. PM me.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

Well, fuck. That doctor's appointment did not go well. :facepalm:
Icefall
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icefall »

jmilana wrote:Well, fuck. That doctor's appointment did not go well. :facepalm:
What happened?
0/25 Gifts Thank you all so much
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

Icefall wrote:
What happened?
So I have some kind of sleeping disorder that makes me sleep for at least 20 hours a day. It's...a problem. It's not narcolepsy, because once I'm awake and doing something, I can easily stay awake (despite extreme fatigue). However, if I don't get my 20 hours of sleep, I get severe headaches. I've been having this problem for around 4 years, and it's steadily getting worse. I'm sleeping longer and longer and can't remember entire conversations I've had with people who have tried to wake me. I am still dependent on my parents, financially and for housing, and my job is part-time, so I'm not TERRIBLY affected by this, but I'm sick of sleeping my life away, not to mention my rabbits. I have 2 rabbits, Pearl and Minnie, and they are my life. I love them more than anything, but I know they probably won't make it past age 10, if they're lucky. They're both already 3, and I feel like I'm sleeping through their lives as well.

So anyway, I scheduled a sleep study with a sleep doctor, and the appointment was last night into today. The doctors placed sensors all over my body, especially my head, to measure my brain waves. And wouldn't you know, for the first time in 4 years...I COULDN'T FALL ASLEEP! They kept me from 8 pm last night to 1 pm today, and I didn't sleep at all. They got 0 data. It was super stressful, very expensive, and absolutely useless. I have now been awake for almost 36 hours, I'm home now, and I still can't fall asleep. What the hell is wrong with my brain?! T_T
DarkPanther
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by DarkPanther »

jmilana wrote:
Icefall wrote:
What happened?
So I have some kind of sleeping disorder that makes me sleep for at least 20 hours a day. It's...a problem. It's not narcolepsy, because once I'm awake and doing something, I can easily stay awake (despite extreme fatigue). However, if I don't get my 20 hours of sleep, I get severe headaches. I've been having this problem for around 4 years, and it's steadily getting worse. I'm sleeping longer and longer and can't remember entire conversations I've had with people who have tried to wake me. I am still dependent on my parents, financially and for housing, and my job is part-time, so I'm not TERRIBLY affected by this, but I'm sick of sleeping my life away, not to mention my rabbits. I have 2 rabbits, Pearl and Minnie, and they are my life. I love them more than anything, but I know they probably won't make it past age 10, if they're lucky. They're both already 3, and I feel like I'm sleeping through their lives as well.

So anyway, I scheduled a sleep study with a sleep doctor, and the appointment was last night into today. The doctors placed sensors all over my body, especially my head, to measure my brain waves. And wouldn't you know, for the first time in 4 years...I COULDN'T FALL ASLEEP! They kept me from 8 pm last night to 1 pm today, and I didn't sleep at all. They got 0 data. It was super stressful, very expensive, and absolutely useless. I have now been awake for almost 36 hours, I'm home now, and I still can't fall asleep. What the hell is wrong with my brain?! T_T
That sucks a lot honestly. I have sleep problems too; after a traumatic event a couple years ago I couldn't sleep at all. So I got put on various meds by a psychiatrist -- none of them doing anything. Finally I got put on an anti psychotic which puts me to sleep. But now I can't sleep at all unless I take it. It's honestly the worst thing in the world to feel tired as all heck and not be able to sleep. Or sleeping too much. Hopefully they can reschedule?
ImageImageImageImage

If you need a gender swap feel free to PM Me; I have an excess of gender potions at the moment. I don't mind swapping a critter for you and sending them back.
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

I have to discuss the "results" (if there even are any) with the doctor before we consider rescheduling, except...the asshole is on vacation, and his assistants don't know when he'll be back. Honestly, this guy sucks. He didn't tell me what to expect at all. He told me to call his assistant for details, and she told me to make sure my wrists and ankles were exposed. They put wires all over me, not just on my wrists and ankles. It was super uncomfortable (physically), and I also have anxiety. Also, they live-monitored me while I tried to sleep. Some guy was literally paid to watch me sleep. Ew. If I had known this was the case, I would have taken my anxiety meds (Klonopin, taken as needed). But I knew nothing going into it. It was a complete waste of time and money. Anyway, I will wait until the doctor gets back from vacation, ask what our next step should be, and, if he continues to disappoint, there is a MUCH BETTER hospital that could treat me about an hour from where I live. It's inconvenient (especially since my current doctor is, like, 15 minutes from where I live), but maybe it will turn out better?
Icefall
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Icefall »

jmilana wrote:I have to discuss the "results" (if there even are any) with the doctor before we consider rescheduling, except...the asshole is on vacation, and his assistants don't know when he'll be back. Honestly, this guy sucks. He didn't tell me what to expect at all. He told me to call his assistant for details, and she told me to make sure my wrists and ankles were exposed. They put wires all over me, not just on my wrists and ankles. It was super uncomfortable (physically), and I also have anxiety. Also, they live-monitored me while I tried to sleep. Some guy was literally paid to watch me sleep. Ew. If I had known this was the case, I would have taken my anxiety meds (Klonopin, taken as needed). But I knew nothing going into it. It was a complete waste of time and money. Anyway, I will wait until the doctor gets back from vacation, ask what our next step should be, and, if he continues to disappoint, there is a MUCH BETTER hospital that could treat me about an hour from where I live. It's inconvenient (especially since my current doctor is, like, 15 minutes from where I live), but maybe it will turn out better?
I really hope you get this sorted out and feel much better, I used to have issues sleeping where I just couldn’t sleep at all and it just sucks honestly, I was constantly tired too.
0/25 Gifts Thank you all so much
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Ayakashi wrote:
HiddenMystic wrote:
Soleil wrote:By this time next week I'll be $-300 in the bank and no paycheck until September 5th. I've asked my mom multiple times for help, she says she'll do it but always 'forgets' to send me the money.

I interviewed with a retail shop on Thursday last week, she was supposed to let us know something by today or tomorrow at the latest. Either way, I'm screwed right now.
What happened with Kohl's? Around here they hire teachers as well as college students a lot it seems like when I stupidly go to the mall (I hate the mall lol),
You're in DFW, right? If you can be on your feet for 6 hours a day, I can recommend a company that can work around your school schedule. Starts at $10 an hour. PM me.

Mystic - Kohl's cancelled the interview, which makes me assume they hired someone else. Oh well!

Ayakashi - I'm slightly waiting on this retail shop to get back to me, mainly because I do buy a lot of my teacher-work clothes there so it would be beneficial to have the discount. I will PM you for info though just in case it doesn't pan out <3
HobbitFeet
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by HobbitFeet »

Man, I just remembered this dream I had a some years back that still makes me laugh to this day.

In the dream, my best friend and I were a crime fighting duo that traveled in a special van. For some reason, I was dating Richard Armitage and having a great time. One night, we were out late and planning to take our date a little more seriously, if you know what I mean. My friend pulled up in our van and demanded I come with her. Reluctantly, I did, and on the computer inside the van she'd prepared an entire powerpoint she made me read about why fraternizing was a bad thing. And that I should stay focused on the crime fighting. My friend dream cockblocked me.

I never woke up angry in my life, but for that dream. I was furious with my friend and it wasn't her fault :lol:
My Pokefarm!
Join me on Xanje!
Wishlist

☆·•●☽~Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?~☾●•·☆
HiddenMystic
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by HiddenMystic »

Well that sucks Sol T_T Will keep my fingers crossed for the other place.
Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Community Discussion”