How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Rexsaurus
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Rexsaurus »

Ayakashi wrote:
Rexsaurus wrote:Does anyone know which snap link add on for chrome works best with this site?
http://magistream.wikidot.com/image-free-gold-mine
linkclump is what I'm using.
this one doesn't seem to work either
Image 25/25 Gifts Image Would love to get any cats, dragons, shop creatures or new crystalwings.
Thank you to everyone who has given gifts!
ImageImageImageImage ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Rexsaurus wrote:
Ayakashi wrote:
Rexsaurus wrote:Does anyone know which snap link add on for chrome works best with this site?
http://magistream.wikidot.com/image-free-gold-mine
linkclump is what I'm using.
this one doesn't seem to work either
What do you mean? Cause a snaplinks feature should work regardless of the site. Linkclump works fine for me. Are you making sure it's turned on and set to work on that site?
Also are you remembering to hold down the Z key? B/c unlike snaplinks, which doesn't need that, you gotta hold down the Z key when pressing the left mouse button and making your selection box.
Rexsaurus
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rexsaurus »

BBkat wrote:
What do you mean? Cause a snaplinks feature should work regardless of the site. Linkclump works fine for me. Are you making sure it's turned on and set to work on that site?
Also are you remembering to hold down the Z key? B/c unlike snaplinks, which doesn't need that, you gotta hold down the Z key when pressing the left mouse button and making your selection box.
yep I did all that and it wouldn't work
Image 25/25 Gifts Image Would love to get any cats, dragons, shop creatures or new crystalwings.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Rexsaurus wrote:
BBkat wrote:
Weird, cause it should. What is it doing, or not doing as the case may be. Is it not creating the box? Cause I know sometimes it can take a few attempts to make it work.
Alternatively, maybe relaunch the browser?

edit: Also I've found you gotta do it in the right order. Hold down Z then press the left mouse key. If you try do it the other way around it won't work.
Rexsaurus
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rexsaurus »

BBkat wrote:
Rexsaurus wrote:
BBkat wrote:
Weird, cause it should. What is it doing, or not doing as the case may be. Is it not creating the box? Cause I know sometimes it can take a few attempts to make it work.

edit: Also I've found you gotta do it in the right order. Hold down Z then press the left mouse key. If you try do it the other way around it won't work.
I can get the box to appear at the top of the page but I have to move it slowly down or it won't move at all and even then when I highlight the links it won't open them.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

Rexsaurus wrote:
BBkat wrote: Weird, cause it should. What is it doing, or not doing as the case may be. Is it not creating the box? Cause I know sometimes it can take a few attempts to make it work.

I can get the box to appear at the top of the page but I have to move it slowly down or it won't move at all and even then when I highlight the links it won't open them.
Hrm. The moving slowly is, I think normal (I'm on a laptop so moving slowly is all I can do lmao).
How many are you trying to open at once? Like the entire page at once? Cause I know if I open way more than my browser (or laptop) can handle it just, gives up and won't open them. Cause that's like, 1000 or more 3500 links at once.
Have you tried with small clumps of links?
Rexsaurus
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rexsaurus »

BBkat wrote:
Rexsaurus wrote:
BBkat wrote: Weird, cause it should. What is it doing, or not doing as the case may be. Is it not creating the box? Cause I know sometimes it can take a few attempts to make it work.

Hrm. The moving slowly is, I think normal (I'm on a laptop so moving slowly is all I can do lmao).
How many are you trying to open at once? Like the entire page at once? Cause I know if I open way more than my browser (or laptop) can handle it just, gives up and won't open them. Cause that's like, 1000 links at once.
Have you tried with small clumps of links?
When I tested it out I only tried opening a few but nothing happened I know my laptop can handle more than 200 (I haven't tried anything near 300 links). The select box will only appear at the top of the page.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

Huuuuh, cause it should appear wherever your cursor is (I usually start at the side of the links and drag either left to right or right to left).
Oddly enough it seems like the top of the page is a tricky place to make it appear (sometimes rather than making the dotted box appear it just, highlights everything which is not what I want or need to happen) and it's easier to make it appear if you start beside the links (idk why this is, presumably something about the design and layout of the page).

Cause yeah a couple hundred links should be easy (my laptop can juuuuust barely manage one page from the Image Free Nursery which has 1000 links when full if I'm using Chrome-if it's Firefox then forget it lmao)
Rexsaurus
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rexsaurus »

BBkat wrote:Huuuuh, cause it should appear wherever your cursor is (I usually start at the side of the links and drag either left to right or right to left).
Oddly enough it seems like the top of the page is a tricky place to make it appear (sometimes rather than making the dotted box appear it just, highlights everything which is not what I want or need to happen) and it's easier to make it appear if you start beside the links (idk why this is, presumably something about the design and layout of the page).

Cause yeah a couple hundred links should be easy (my laptop can juuuuust barely manage one page from the Image Free Nursery which has 1000 links when full if I'm using Chrome-if it's Firefox then forget it lmao)
I think it might be the design/layout of the page.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

Danafox wrote:
Soleil wrote: I feel this rant. McDs got rid of the Southern Style Chicken Biscuit which was an AMAZING substitute for Chick-Fil-A's chicken biscuit. I have a love/hate relationship with CFA because of their anti-LGBT+ rhetoric and funding, but gods I love their breakfast biscuits. I wish McDs would bring their chicken biscuit back.
I recently discovered Chick-Fil-A....seriously I never been to one before and never saw them where I live. But apparently I had been living under a rock in the past (duh...was way too sheltered, but no longer!) and well finally visited a couple of times.

And damnnnnnn have fallen in love with the food, have eaten there both times with hubby because the food came out fresh and hot and we both decided just eat it here and it was soooooooo good.

Only bad thing of this place was the drivethru line is super super long and we end up going inside with another semi-longish line, but going in makes it worth it cause it's faster than waiting in the car outside or so it seems. The one we go to must be super good because seriously they had a line of 25 or more cars at the drivethru. I've never seen anywhere else except McDs to be that full with cars...so yeah the food is great. I didn't know about the anti-LGBT+ rhetoric and funding stuff though, that's a real shame. T_T

Now you made me curious about CFA's breakfast menu....maybe I'll try breakfast there sometime this week.
Yeah I really love CFA's food in general, but I hate that the owners are.. well... so full of hate. They supposedly stopped donating to a severe Anti-LGBTQ organization, but they still make big donations to others.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/chick-fi ... 035b9258e2
CinnaminDraconna wrote:For an excellent chicken biscuit, I recommend Whataburger. For the most part their b'fast menu isn't that great, but their chicken biscuit is awesome.
Thanks for the rec. As a Texan, I'm an outcast because I really dislike Whataburger :lol: I didn't know they had chicken biscuits though.

Return to “Community Discussion”