How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Graveworm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Graveworm »

HekateHemlock wrote:One of the mothers in my son's class is a militant antivaxxer. I'm slowly losing my will to not throttle her every time I see her or read one of her insane, ignorant Facebook rants. Multiple parents have demanded she at least be banned/removed from our FB group. She absolutely believes that the recent measles outbreaks are government engineered and will tell anyone within hearing distance. WTF
I’m sorry you are having to deal with this. I find that kind of ignorance absolutely infuriating.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

CinnaminDraconna wrote:How about Shaggy Little Elephant instead?

That actually works quite well!
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Solstice
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solstice »

I think I've finally made the decision to quit college. Now I just need to try to prepare myself for my parents freaking out and disowning me because they'll be too ashamed of me. Can't have a failure as a daughter, after all...
ImageImage

To adult: none
To hatchling only: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Happy Halloween!! Wishlist Here
17/25 Gifts! Thank you <3
jmilana
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jmilana »

Solstice wrote:I think I've finally made the decision to quit college. Now I just need to try to prepare myself for my parents freaking out and disowning me because they'll be too ashamed of me. Can't have a failure as a daughter, after all...
Dropping out of college was one of the best decisions I've ever made. In fact, I regret not dropping out of high school. My sister is graduating college next week, and my parents are so proud of her. :angry:

On the other hand, I have a job, and she doesn't. Ha!
Faleep
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Faleep »

jmilana wrote:
Solstice wrote:I think I've finally made the decision to quit college. Now I just need to try to prepare myself for my parents freaking out and disowning me because they'll be too ashamed of me. Can't have a failure as a daughter, after all...
Dropping out of college was one of the best decisions I've ever made. In fact, I regret not dropping out of high school. My sister is graduating college next week, and my parents are so proud of her. :angry:
Despite having some top marks in my class, and graduating with a high gpa, I decided to not go to college.
That caused horrible fights with my mother
But honestly school was so stressful and horrible for me,because of all the pressure n shit, that not going to college right out of high school was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my adult life so far. College isn’t for everyone, and I wish more people saw that. I wish more people respected that.
creatures for sale in my sale tabs! Pm for prices
Selling Shards! 35k per shard! Pm me for more details
i collect/army SB Ammit hatchlings and SB Potootoes
my wishlist,
Solstice
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solstice »

jmilana wrote: Dropping out of college was one of the best decisions I've ever made. In fact, I regret not dropping out of high school. My sister is graduating college next week, and my parents are so proud of her. :angry:

On the other hand, I have a job, and she doesn't. Ha!
As long as you're happy, it shouldn't matter whether you finished college or not. I really wish older generation parents would understand that and stop all the shaming...
Faleep wrote: Despite having some top marks in my class, and graduating with a high gpa, I decided to not go to college.
That caused horrible fights with my mother
But honestly school was so stressful and horrible for me,because of all the pressure n shit, that not going to college right out of high school was probably one of the best decisions I have made in my adult life so far. College isn’t for everyone, and I wish more people saw that. I wish more people respected that.
I feel the same way. I told my parents that I wanted to take a gap year between high school and college so that I could work to save money and make up my mind about what I wanted to do with my life. They told me no. They said I had to just randomly pick something and if I didn't like it, I could just switch majors later. But I had to be in the major for at least two years before I could change because how could I possibly know that I didn't like it if I didn't wait that long? :sulk: Who even came up with all these arbitrary rules?
ImageImage

To adult: none
To hatchling only: ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Happy Halloween!! Wishlist Here
17/25 Gifts! Thank you <3
SouthernCryptid
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SouthernCryptid »

I actually took a few gap years, not really of my own volition at the time (had to go back and raise my younger sibling the rest of the way), but I'm glad I did. Now I have work experience, life experience, and I know what I want to do with the rest of my life. c: Things look up, after a while, even after it's bad.

College is not for everybody at all, there are plenty of trades that can be taken in a shorter trade school, and there are a few jobs that one can just work up the ladder for. Takes a lot of work in most cases (I went most of the way up a ladder at a job before I realized that I was going to need to go to school for a job that wouldn't take so much out of my body.) but it is doable in most cases.
Soleil
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Soleil »

RunningAir wrote:College is not for everybody at all, there are plenty of trades that can be taken in a shorter trade school, and there are a few jobs that one can just work up the ladder for. Takes a lot of work in most cases (I went most of the way up a ladder at a job before I realized that I was going to need to go to school for a job that wouldn't take so much out of my body.) but it is doable in most cases.
Exactly... I tell my students that all the time. It's hard. Anyone who says college isn't hard is lying. It 100% is not for everyone and that's fine, we need trade workers. Hell, with how our (U.S.) economy is, most trade labor workers make more money than college graduates.
My brother, for example, makes over 100k/year in the oilfield with absolutely zero college. I teach, with a master's degree, and I barely make 55k
SouthernCryptid
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SouthernCryptid »

Soleil wrote:
RunningAir wrote:College is not for everybody at all, there are plenty of trades that can be taken in a shorter trade school, and there are a few jobs that one can just work up the ladder for. Takes a lot of work in most cases (I went most of the way up a ladder at a job before I realized that I was going to need to go to school for a job that wouldn't take so much out of my body.) but it is doable in most cases.
Exactly... I tell my students that all the time. It's hard. Anyone who says college isn't hard is lying. It 100% is not for everyone and that's fine, we need trade workers. Hell, with how our (U.S.) economy is, most trade labor workers make more money than college graduates.
My brother, for example, makes over 100k/year in the oilfield with absolutely zero college. I teach, with a master's degree, and I barely make 55k
Teaching with a master's is what I plan on doing after I finish. c:

The only reason why I'm not doing what I was doing (without college and doing pretty decent) is because my body can't handle a 48 hr a week on-the-foot job (old injuries). College is a financial burden that I'm lucky to be able to bear, too. This area is not the best for finding decent jobs.
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vampiric »

I'm DONE for the SEMESTER I can RELAX finally! :woo: :woo:
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."

Return to “Community Discussion”