Do Not Click Tabs. Will You Click?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.

Would You Click A Creature In A DO NOT CLICK Tab?

Yes
11%
No
67%
Maybe
21%

Total votes: 70

PossessedFae
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: Do Not Click Tabs. Will You Click?

Post by PossessedFae »

Clicking unfrozen hatchlings out of spite is rude. D: All of my hatchlings are slowly growing up, and I don't want them too because I like having hatchlings. And trades are pretty much useless to hide stuff in because you still have to take them out at some point, and some people (like me) have too many trades for it to be practical anyways. I have my no-clicking tabs in caps because I want to emphasize the fact that I do not want them clicked, not because I expect to command them.

And no, I don't click people's hatchies/eggs in their keeps unless it's Master Belmos because I don't keep mine.
I have a lot of butterflies. :derp:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Raine
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raine »

Yunyi wrote:Like a lot of others, I generally will look to see what's in the tab but I won't click the creatures. But I think that putting "DO NOT CLICK" in big giant caps is going to attract more attention. Also, it comes off as shouting and kind of rude, so some people might click just to spite you. Personally, I find DO NOT CLICK in all caps kind of rude and kind of, you know, "LISTEN TO MY COMMAND TO NOT CLICK OR ELSE"

Because I mean, people who are naming tabs "DO NOT CLICK" are basically shouting orders at everyone who might browse their keep. Sure, it might be for a reason, like for a quest or something, but all the same, it isn't very nice.

Also, I don't understand why you want to show off your hatchlings and you don't want them to grow, but you don't want to freeze them... is it because this way they're kept "alive"?
Agreed absolutely.
→ Egg Basket ☂
ImageImageImageImage
→ Hatchling Train ☂
Tree
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tree »

You guys are gonna hate me, but honestly, I click about 40% of everything. If it is in a "Do Not Click Tab" and it is a Doni, I won't click it unless it is under 3% or so. I like seeing the birthdays. Now, if it is like, and Old CW, I won't click. I just won't. If it is a Quest Component, I won't click either.

You could take them out of a trade, "Embed" them, and put them in your About Me, then put them back in a trade. You still show them off, but no clickies!
the turtle moves on but the tree persists
bebbies:
ImageImageImageImageImage

Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Gemcrafter Lineage
Wishlist

Thank you for all the gifts! <3

aethelwhyne
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by aethelwhyne »

Yunyi wrote:Because I mean, people who are naming tabs "DO NOT CLICK" are basically shouting orders at everyone who might browse their keep. Sure, it might be for a reason, like for a quest or something, but all the same, it isn't very nice.
This is just my humble opinion.

But I see a keep as someone's home. In everyone's home there are rules that are to be followed. Those who come to visit said home are expected to respect and follow those rules. If you had someone in your home you would expect the same. This should go with keeps as well. If they have a "DO NOT CLICK" tab or somewhere in their keep they are not shouting or trying to be rude they have laid down their rules and would like for people to respect them and not click.

To click out of spite is extremely disrespectful and I for one do not think much of those who are disrespectful. Those who wish to have do not click tabs have every right to have them and they also have every right to expect those who visit their keeps to respect their wishes and follow the rules that they have set up.

It is quite obvious that respect is the main objective of my post and I also understand that there are those in MS who are not respectful of others at all and it is a shame that this happens (it is also not just MS it is in the world as well). But those who wish to be disrespectful should have no expectations of receiving respect or having others follow what they ask.
I absolutely love Mohrior, Vernox Dragons, Bread Creatures, Laetolis Beast and Cascara Amagnae frozen hatchlings just PM me if you have any for sale.
Wishlist: I love purple torveus dragons, frozen Cascara amagnae hatchlings,mohrior, vernox dragons, bread creatures, laetolis beasts, prism fox,confera pegasus, pennant pegasus, rabbitsune, me’chuan bengolo/rewana, skulk, alicantos and penguins.
altan
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by altan »

Ishmekial wrote:Clicking unfrozen hatchlings out of spite is rude. D:
I agree. This is not too far from what some members used to do on Dragon Cave: intentionally posting someone's eggs and hatchlings on many hatcheries, so they'll die from too many views.
Image Image
Yunyi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Yunyi »

Yes, it is their keep, and yes, those are their creatures, so yes, they can have their rules, but there is no need to put it all in caps. To me - and probably to a lot of other people too - it's just like shouting. And quite frankly, I don't like that.

Why put "DO NOT CLICK" when one can easily put the far more polite "Please do not click"? It fits, I know it does. "DO NOT CLICK" comes off as impertinent and rude. "Please do not click" is a far better choice. If you can choose the polite version, then why do you feel the need to do the rude one? (Addressed toward people in general)

Let me use your house analogy. If I went to someone's house and they said, "TAKE OFF YOUR SHOES!" I would feel less inclined to take off my shoes than if they had said "Please take off your shoes."

I'm not saying that I do click people's creatures if they are in a tab labeled "DO NOT CLICK." I'm saying that I don't like they way they have addressed me.
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

This thread already turned into an argument once, and I don't think it will give us anything new except more people snapping at each other. Therefore I'll lock it now.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.

Return to “Community Discussion”