The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Post by Cyrelijean »

I feel like the entire MS roleplay community sort of hates me. Because I leave people hanging, I'm a crap writer and I don't reply every day.

I know it's probably just me being paranoid again. But, I just-

Okay, fuck that. I'm going to go get emotional over my OCs.

EDIT:

Okay, poor Caz. He's about to get stabbed, pushed off a cliff and drowned. Eheheheheheeh.
SleepySpaceDad
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by SleepySpaceDad »

Woxai wrote:I feel like the entire MS roleplay community sort of hates me. Because I leave people hanging, I'm a crap writer and I don't reply every day.

EDIT:

Okay, poor Caz. He's about to get stabbed, pushed off a cliff and drowned. Eheheheheheeh.
Our Caz? :orly:
PM me if you want my discord.
Steam
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Bugger, no ninja'd on a seahorse egg. :|
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

Ooh, shiny new thread.

Went for my allergy test blood draw, as expected, the woman had to make adjustments to find my vein beneath all that eczema.
I really hope it'll come back negative for dust mites, at least, because we live in an old building and things get very dusty very fast. ;A;
In the end it turned out significantly cheaper than I thought, because from the website pricelist I had thought that the carbohydrate cross determinant test price is more expensive than the allergen panels, whereas the pricelist really meant "allergen panel WITH CCDs", derp.

Results should come by the end of the work week, so I should be able to make a doctor's appointment next week, before the current resident students rotate out on the 31st.
umbreon241
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by umbreon241 »

Niverdia wrote:Ooh, shiny new thread.

Went for my allergy test blood draw, as expected, the woman had to make adjustments to find my vein beneath all that eczema.
I really hope it'll come back negative for dust mites, at least, because we live in an old building and things get very dusty very fast. ;A;
In the end it turned out significantly cheaper than I thought, because from the website pricelist I had thought that the carbohydrate cross determinant test price is more expensive than the allergen panels, whereas the pricelist really meant "allergen panel WITH CCDs", derp.

Results should come by the end of the work week, so I should be able to make a doctor's appointment next week, before the current resident students rotate out on the 31st.
You're getting an allergy test by blood? When I did it, I had to get the scratch test and get my arms scraped with little plastic tabs. Then I had to sit there for fifteen minutes as my arms got all red and swollen and incredibly itchy (but I wasn't allowed to scratch). After that, I had to come in a week later and get 8 needles in my arm to see if I test positive to any allergens I previously tested negative to. Most people get 16 needles, but I tested positive to so many things in the first test that I only needed 8 needles. :derp:
I'm very allergic to dust mites and tree pollen and I'm moderately allergic to weed pollen, grass pollen, and mold.

Getting your blood drawn sucks though. Good luck with the results of your blood test. D:
I'm pretty sure you'll get some sort of pamphlet or something with ways you can reduce the amount of allergens in your home and whatnot.
Busy with school but you can find ways to contact me on my profile if you need to reach me. ^_^

Feel free to call me Umbry! :bounce:
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Niverdia »

umbreon241 wrote:
Niverdia wrote:Ooh, shiny new thread.

You're getting an allergy test by blood? When I did it, I had to get the scratch test and get my arms scraped with little plastic tabs. Then I had to sit there for fifteen minutes as my arms got all red and swollen and incredibly itchy (but I wasn't allowed to scratch). After that, I had to come in a week later and get 8 needles in my arm to see if I test positive to any allergens I previously tested negative to. Most people get 16 needles, but I tested positive to so many things in the first test that I only needed 8 needles. :derp:
I'm very allergic to dust mites and tree pollen and I'm moderately allergic to weed pollen, grass pollen, and mold.

Getting your blood drawn sucks though. Good luck with the results of your blood test. D:
I'm pretty sure you'll get some sort of pamphlet or something with ways you can reduce the amount of allergens in your home and whatnot.
I will have to go to an allergologist/immunologist soon anyway, this is just the beginning towards the road to, hopefully, another long remission from my atopic dermatitis. My immune system has been going really haywire since last autumn - my dermatitis came back after 3 years of nearly nothing, I was constantly cycling between having colds or being alright for a short time all winter and this spring/summer I seem to have reactions to every pollen out there (mainly eczema and sudden itchiness attacks, mainly when I'm outside), and then a month ago it seems like my immune system overreacted to a small infected wound and triggered streptodermia (basically, everywhere where I had eczema patches at the time, crusted over with bacterial scabs), fever and bilateral conjunctivitis. :( And that two days before I went on a vacation trip. Some vacation.

Ooh, I did get prick tests done back in high school, but the problem is that allergy tests often aren't very precise by themselves, I've received negative results for things that I WAS allergic at the time, and vice versa.

And yeah, you can do blood tests for allergies, too, they usually run one of several adsorption methods on your IgE. It's more expensive, and takes longer, and it can bring up false positives (hence why I'm doing CCDs - carbohydrate cross determinants - this time, too), however, it's a better choice if you don't want the allergens directly inserted in your body (my skin looked like sandpaper for a few days after the prick test), or if (which is my case right now) the skin on your arms is damaged from scratching.
I'm also getting the results in my e-mail, so I'll try to make some sense of them before my next appointment comes around.
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

T_T

Wow. The show won't be the same anymore.... How heartbreaking for those that knew him/worked with him.

http://tv.yahoo.com/blogs/tv-news/repor ... 59895.html
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cyrelijean »

AmazingGrace wrote:
Woxai wrote:I feel like the entire MS roleplay community sort of hates me. Because I leave people hanging, I'm a crap writer and I don't reply every day.

EDIT:

Our Caz? :orly:
Yah, but not the RP, I'm writing up some story for him, like backstory and stuff that happened during the original questline from SW:TOR. :yarly:
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

O_O

And now my insurance will only cover a certain amount/year for my new doctor... and my bloodwork already exceeded that amount for this year?!?!??!?!??!?!?!!??!?!??!

Why couldn't I have been warned about this before hand!?!??!

Bad news on sad news today. Plus a headache and my foot still hurts.

Gah! :t-cry:
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImageImageImage
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vampiric »

I always lose it at Shan Yu.
Always.

Spoiler
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."

Return to “Community Discussion”