How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ShadowVixen
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by ShadowVixen »

PhantomRider wrote:Aaaand it's still freezing outside. Still pouring, too. Yuck
Send the rain my way. Its burning hot here, muggy and icky.
PhantomRider
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by PhantomRider »

ShadowVixen wrote:
PhantomRider wrote:Aaaand it's still freezing outside. Still pouring, too. Yuck
Send the rain my way. Its burning hot here, muggy and icky.
We needed the rain for once. Did not need the cold though... had to turn the furnace back on

Hate left below, the dark stray dog of war
There's no dreams in the waves, only monsters... and the monsters are my only friends.

--- Wishlist is on my profile ---

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

AssassinsCreed
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by AssassinsCreed »

GOOOO SWEDEN GO SLAY THEM! KEEP YOUR PLACE! G9OOOOOOOOOOO!

/EUROVISION related
Anira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Anira »

Mom: "If you want to give me a Mother's Day present, you could check the (car) oil and add some, because I'm pretty sure it needs it."

(Yes, the car definitely needs it, because she doesn't check fluids or anything. Ever.)

Me: "Actually, THIS is your Mother's Day present." *hands over new wallet that actually matches her purse, unlike the one she has been using, and proceeds to check oil*

Mom: "Oh! Thank you!"

Me: "And that is from ME ONLY, because Jesse claimed she had no money to buy you anything and wouldn't even go with me to pick that out."

Jesse (sister) has way more money than I do (I have literally 48 cents in my bank account and $6 on hand) and yet I still got mom something and she didn't. Jesse also killed mom's brand new lawn mower a while back, STILL has not offered anything for killing it, but bought herself a lawn mower, which she also killed the other day, which I had to fix for her. Mom's can't be fixed because the motor is cracked. Mom also just bought Jesse some plants, and Jesse STILL isn't getting mom anything for Mother's Day, nor her birthday at the end of the month.

And I'm the ungrateful child....
Mykestri
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mykestri »

I've slept for a fitful 15 hours today, luckly i had nothing planned.
My grandmother's getting us Chick-fil-A for dinner, havent had that in a couple of years o.o
gimme yer kittens Image
ZaraTina
CreaturesTrade

Post by ZaraTina »

So I have this giant project due this Wednesday, and me and my friends are doing an animatic. It's been going on since February, but the thing is, one of us doesn't have a drawing tablet. So he's been coming to my house every Sunday to do work. There are two other people in the group, and both of them also have a drawing tablet.

Unfortunately, one of my group member's drawing tablet broke, and he only got it fixed recently. And, he's only done 2 of his scenes of out 19. My other friend, however, does have a drawing tablet, and has simply been procrastinating for the past two or three months. Every time I try to tell her to do her work, she either dismisses my request, says "ok" but doesn't actually do the work, or guilt-trip me about "stressing her out" and how she "has so much other homework", despite the fact that the only reason she has homework is because she was slacking off in class, and that I finished all my 26 scenes (she has 16 scenes) over five weeks ago. And I don't know how to confront her about it because I really don't want to hurt her emotionally, but at the same time, she's just making excuses at this point. I refuse to believe that throughout this two-three month period, she didn't have a single hour, a single day spared, of which she could work on this project.

Our friendship has just really been at high tension recently, due to numerous other problems (e.g, her and the rest of my group insisting to do the minecraft song "don't mine at night" for our dance class, despite me being highly uncomfortable dancing to the song in front of the whole class, and the only coherent reason on their part for doing the song was "lol it's funny", and even after I grudgingly agreed, she and almost all of our group decided the fool around and make up random moves, instead of helping me and another group member choreograph the actual dance), but I don't know how to confront her about it because she just guilt-trips me and calls me "no-fun" or "stuck up" every time I try. any ideas about how to deal with this situation?
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

ZaraTina wrote:So I have this giant project due this Wednesday, and me and my friends are doing an animatic. It's been going on since February, but the thing is, one of us doesn't have a drawing tablet. So he's been coming to my house every Sunday to do work. There are two other people in the group, and both of them also have a drawing tablet.

Unfortunately, one of my group member's drawing tablet broke, and he only got it fixed recently. And, he's only done 2 of his scenes of out 19. My other friend, however, does have a drawing tablet, and has simply been procrastinating for the past two or three months. Every time I try to tell her to do her work, she either dismisses my request, says "ok" but doesn't actually do the work, or guilt-trip me about "stressing her out" and how she "has so much other homework", despite the fact that the only reason she has homework is because she was slacking off in class, and that I finished all my 26 scenes (she has 16 scenes) over five weeks ago. And I don't know how to confront her about it because I really don't want to hurt her emotionally, but at the same time, she's just making excuses at this point. I refuse to believe that throughout this two-three month period, she didn't have a single hour, a single day spared, of which she could work on this project.

Our friendship has just really been at high tension recently, due to numerous other problems (e.g, her and the rest of my group insisting to do the minecraft song "don't mine at night" for our dance class, despite me being highly uncomfortable dancing to the song in front of the whole class, and the only coherent reason on their part for doing the song was "lol it's funny", and even after I grudgingly agreed, she and almost all of our group decided the fool around and make up random moves, instead of helping me and another group member choreograph the actual dance), but I don't know how to confront her about it because she just guilt-trips me and calls me "no-fun" or "stuck up" every time I try. any ideas about how to deal with this situation?
Stand your ground. A real friend wouldn't guilt-trip/bully you on anything. She's overdue on her part of the work. Call her on it, her feelings no longer come into play when she's that late. It's better to tell the truth of how you feel, than to keep it bottled up. If she guilt trips you after that, maybe you should consider dropping her as a friend. A real friend doesn't do shit like that.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D
Kizaru
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kizaru »

Spoiler
I'm sick of living a lie! I hate cats! Don't like a single thing about them!

There have been cats that have come through the adoption center that had nice personalities but god I just!!!!! I hate dealing with them but I have to anyway and I have to pretend I like it lol.

The cats are one of the few things I really don't like about this job.
Image ---Image
ZaraTina
CreaturesTrade

Post by ZaraTina »

Ayakashi wrote:
ZaraTina wrote:So I have this giant project due this Wednesday, and me and my friends are doing an animatic. It's been going on since February, but the thing is, one of us doesn't have a drawing tablet. So he's been coming to my house every Sunday to do work. There are two other people in the group, and both of them also have a drawing tablet.

Stand your ground. A real friend wouldn't guilt-trip/bully you on anything. She's overdue on her part of the work. Call her on it, her feelings no longer come into play when she's that late. It's better to tell the truth of how you feel, than to keep it bottled up. If she guilt trips you after that, maybe you should consider dropping her as a friend. A real friend doesn't do shit like that.
I have thought of doing that, but I jsut can't bring myself to think about life without her. We've been best friends for almost three years now, and we know practically everything about each other. And we do have great moments in our friendship. But recently I've just been noticing that she's gotten more... aggresive. When I stood in front of her locker for the sake of being annoying (ok I admit it that would've bothered me as well), instead of saying "Hey can you move", she roughly shoved me out of the way. When I locked her lock several times, she pushed me on the ground and tickled me despite the fact I was screaming for her to stop, and it wasn't in the "haha stop" way. It was in the "You know I hate being touched. You know being tickled is like being suspended off the side of a building for me. Please, stop.", and I admit, I was being annoying by locking her locker, but I don't think the reaction was called for.

She doesn't ever listen to me when I try to explain different concepts. Whenever she doesn't understand something, she just changes the topic instead of listening to me. She treats her subjective morality code as objective, black and white truth, and calls people "disgusting" when they go against her moral code. And it hurts, becuase sometimes I'm one of those people, or that I at least understand those people and their motivation. But I'm afraid to tell her becuase whenever someone doesn't agree with her, it's like they're not a person to her anymore. Their feelings don't matter, their dreams and aspirations don't matter, their insecurites or depth don't matter. All that matters is that they dissagree with her on something she belives to be true fundemental.

But at the same time, she can be so sweet it's hard to imagine letting go of her. We've grown so close over the years and she's like an extension of myself. I just want a way to preserve this friendship, instead of cutting it off entirely, but it feels so fragile. To be honest, I have abandenment issues. She often says that I don't let her get close emotionally, and I wish I can be honest and tell her it's because I feel scared of telling her the things I think or feel, because I fear if I say one thing that makes her feel attacked, or one thing she doesn't agree with, she'll just leave me behind and find newer, better friends. I try my best to be supportive and go along with her because I know she has low self-esteem and that she's often overwhelmed by school, but I'm not good at comforting people, and I'm not good at confronting people. I don't know how to talk to her about it.
Ayakashi
MD Moderator
CreaturesTrade

Post by Ayakashi »

ZaraTina wrote:I have thought of doing that, but I jsut can't bring myself to think about life without her. We've been best friends for almost three years now, and we know practically everything about each other. And we do have great moments in our friendship. But recently I've just been noticing that she's gotten more... aggresive. When I stood in front of her locker for the sake of being annoying (ok I admit it that would've bothered me as well), instead of saying "Hey can you move", she roughly shoved me out of the way. When I locked her lock several times, she pushed me on the ground and tickled me despite the fact I was screaming for her to stop, and it wasn't in the "haha stop" way. It was in the "You know I hate being touched. You know being tickled is like being suspended off the side of a building for me. Please, stop.", and I admit, I was being annoying by locking her locker, but I don't think the reaction was called for.

She doesn't ever listen to me when I try to explain different concepts. Whenever she doesn't understand something, she just changes the topic instead of listening to me. She treats her subjective morality code as objective, black and white truth, and calls people "disgusting" when they go against her moral code. And it hurts, becuase sometimes I'm one of those people, or that I at least understand those people and their motivation. But I'm afraid to tell her becuase whenever someone doesn't agree with her, it's like they're not a person to her anymore. Their feelings don't matter, their dreams and aspirations don't matter, their insecurites or depth don't matter. All that matters is that they dissagree with her on something she belives to be true fundemental.

But at the same time, she can be so sweet it's hard to imagine letting go of her. We've grown so close over the years and she's like an extension of myself. I just want a way to preserve this friendship, instead of cutting it off entirely, but it feels so fragile. To be honest, I have abandenment issues. She often says that I don't let her get close emotionally, and I wish I can be honest and tell her it's because I feel scared of telling her the things I think or feel, because I fear if I say one thing that makes her feel attacked, or one thing she doesn't agree with, she'll just leave me behind and find newer, better friends. I try my best to be supportive and go along with her because I know she has low self-esteem and that she's often overwhelmed by school, but I'm not good at comforting people, and I'm not good at confronting people. I don't know how to talk to her about it.
She's not a real friend if she's that controlling in your life. Better to cut the cord ASAP, then continue to suffer her treatment. The longer you wait to tell her the truth, the harder it will get. A friend listens, regardless of if it hurts their feelings, or goes against their "morality code." They respect their friends perspectives, and don't make them feel less for having a different opinion.
ImageImage

My wishlist

DS Friend Code: 2664-2235-0361 PM me yours so I can add you too! :D

Return to “Community Discussion”