How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Enchanteddil »

Hubby bought the DVD of the Accountant movie. My son told my hubby that it's a good movie. The conversation went something like this:

Hubby: Have you watched this movie?
Son: Yes, it's a nice movie
Hubby: What's it about?
Son: An Accountant
Son: It's about him trying to balance a balance sheet
Hubby's reaction: :srsly: XD :lol: :lol: (in that order)
Wolfsister
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wolfsister »

I just found a big typo (a missing word that's super obvious, considering it was the end of a list near the beginning) in a cover letter for a job application that I already submitted. I even had someone read it for me. Damn it.
LunarCursed13
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by LunarCursed13 »

I'm looking for a male Ruby Koi to add to my "Zen Garden" collection and the Kois in the Koi Pond have been giving me anything BUT Ruby Koi eggs... :t-bipolar:

Please Click On My Eggs/Hatchlings! Thank you! <3
Thank you, HopingFaith, for this amazing signature!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

The vet suggested we give the cat half a 25mg tablet of Benadryl for her allergies.
Unfortunately as anyone who's accidentally bitten a pill know, they taste bad. Really bad. Which you'll taste if a pill has been cut. And the cat's reaction to this is to salivate like a fountain. :lol:
So now her chest and bottom lip are soaked with drool.

Hopefully it works though and her eyes will stop getting red and watery (and presumably itchy with how she scratches)
lolacharm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by lolacharm »

BBkat wrote:The vet suggested we give the cat half a 25mg tablet of Benadryl for her allergies.
Unfortunately as anyone who's accidentally bitten a pill know, they taste bad. Really bad. Which you'll taste if a pill has been cut. And the cat's reaction to this is to salivate like a fountain. :lol:

Hopefully it works though and her eyes will stop getting red and watery (and presumably itchy with how she scratches)
oh poor dear XD I hope she feels better. I wonder if you could add liquid benadryl to a bit of wet food or something instead.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

lolacharm wrote:
BBkat wrote:The vet suggested we give the cat half a 25mg tablet of Benadryl for her allergies.

oh poor dear XD I hope she feels better. I wonder if you could add liquid benadryl to a bit of wet food or something instead.
The problem is we have two cats and we feed them dry food. So if we put wet food down we'd run the risk of the other cat eating it.
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

Next up for a rousing game of,"Is that god-awful screeching the sound of someone dumped another feral dog on our block and it's found someone's cat to disembowel? Or is it just our lovely neighbors yet again refusing to teach their fucking toddler indoor voices and letting it scream bloody murder for no reason with no one telling it to stop?"

On a similarly annoyed note... the other renter for the land we use keeps putting our horses in the time-out paddock because she doesn't want them interfering with her foal. Ignoring that the other foal is only a week older and has been fully accepted by the whole combined herd. And that our horse that she hates and locks up the most doesn't even stay near the herd.
We ignored her putting the third renter's gelding on another property. He was getting violent with both the colts and our handicapped horse we keep trying to introduce, and his renter is never around. We were okay with her penning specific horses of us up after specific incidents to let things cool down a little with minimal risk. It got annoying after a while, but we let her keep doing it. She didn't keep them in the little pen too long and they have hay so she wasn't really hurting anything.

But this time she has locked up more than half of our horses. Into a pen that is maybe large enough for just two horses to spend a few nights. Not because anyone did anything, because aside from just one of those mares none of our horses we have ever seen mess with the babies or their mothers, but for the extent reason that she wanted to let her mare and younger colt out. As if they cannot exist in a herd that has our horses in it, and that means ours must go.

So okay, fine. That was supposed to be a few days thing only, we'd gradually let them out, the herd would adapt, they'd all be at peace. Simple, right? That's what we went over with her.

Today we got there to find that she stuck a padlock on the pen's gate. Not for the horses, mind you, we have ties and a heavy clip for that, and that keeps them in just fine because obviously horses don't know how to undo knots and a carabiner. That padlock was not for them, and no key was left around for it either.

If she hasn't removed that thing by the time we get out there tomorrow, she's going to come in the next day and find that shiny new padlock in pieces and stuck to her fucking trailer.
lolacharm
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by lolacharm »

Solbrekt wrote:Next up for a rousing game...
Oooooo, that would make me so angry with the padlock. This whole thing reminds me of the time we actually had to put a padlock on the quarantine pasture gate for our brand new gelding. He was one expensive a** horse with a great pedigree my mom bought for herself and one specific owner at the stable was jealous af about it, constantly making comments about how my mum and me weren't good enough riders to deserve him, how she must have done inappropriate things with the seller to get him, etc (just catty BS).

She got a call at nearly 2am one night from the police saying that they found him on the highway (this was San Antonio, Texas). Someone had unlocked the quarantine pasture gate, the main stable gate, AND the cattle guard gate (there is NO WAY this horse could have gotten out by himself). Somebody could have died if they had hit him with their car, not to mention he could have died.

So yeah, my mum added two locks to the gate and they cut the quarantine by a week to help keep him and the public safe. We moved to a new stable a month later, much stricter rules but with a fantastic and dedicated owner who always made sure all of the animals were safe at all times (no covered arena though, I remember 13 year old me being majorly bummed :P) I miss having horses.
MageLorelei
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by MageLorelei »

Ugh. I'm really thrilled for this PokeD&D, but the DM is new, and doesn't have all his stuff together. I'm getting really bored during the battles. I kinda hope that a few people quit, because things'll go faster. And I need to talk to him about some of the mechanics.
Thank you for all the gifts!
-----
Icon made with the JRPG Stats Profile on Picrew
-----
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
-----
~~Hatchling Tab, open for clicks!~~
-----
ShadowOfThePhoenix
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade
Location: See that? That's reality. I used to live there, but I moved.

Post by ShadowOfThePhoenix »

Noragami is finally coming off hiatus
Image Commission me? Image w i p Image

Thanks SO much for the Christmas gifts!

ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”