How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by BBkat »

Jeccakat wrote:
BBkat wrote:...It's not letting me add my eggs 'To Hatchling only' :derp: I put the codes in, tick the box and hit submit and it says 'no eggs were added'
the hell?
Weird, I grabbed the links and put them in to-hatchling-only and it worked. Said 3 were added and 1 was already in.
weird

well as long as they're in

unrelated: holy fuck I'm finally done that piece of art.
Vampyredragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Vampyredragon »

So I just ran into the most braindead person on twitter. Person said poor folk should "get off welfare and get a job" I pointed out that quite a few people getting welfare are in fact folk who work 2-3 minimum wage jobs and just arent making enough to support themselves and their family. So she went and was like "you need to get off welfare and get a job". I politely informed her that I am disabled and cannot get a job and thus I get Disability thru social security which isnt the same as welfare. She again told me to get off welfare and get a job. I again stated that welfare and disability wasnt the same thing...and she repeated herself for the 3rd time. Finally I lost it and was like "you dont even know me! For all you know I was born without limbs and am using the speech to text feature!" Then, because I was so pissed I was shaking bad, I said I was going to block her braindead ass before I got myself in trouble. I...legit had to delete at least 8 dirty cussword names and about 15 noncussword names from both of my last tweets before I had something somewhat decent to reply with.

Since Trump happened people cant even properly define "disabled" for fecks sake. Now I have a song my bf showed me on youtube crawling though my head...cannot repeat it here (it is pretty much called a very bad cuss word) but omg I wish I could just reply to that utter idiot with a link to it and not have to worry about losing my twitter privelages xD

@Tyrannogon ...How big is a "chocolate pizza" like...is it as big as a large normal pizza? Medium? Small? Personal pan sized? ....because if bigger than personal pan sized...yeesh I dont want to know how your tummy feels xD
Image Wishlist in Profile Presents: 25/25 Thank You!!!!
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

Vampyredragon wrote:So I just ran into the most braindead person on twitter. Person said poor folk should "get off welfare and get a job" I pointed out that quite a few people getting welfare are in fact folk who work 2-3 minimum wage jobs and just arent making enough to support themselves and their family. So she went and was like "you need to get off welfare and get a job". I politely informed her that I am disabled and cannot get a job and thus I get Disability thru social security which isnt the same as welfare. She again told me to get off welfare and get a job. I again stated that welfare and disability wasnt the same thing...and she repeated herself for the 3rd time. Finally I lost it and was like "you dont even know me! For all you know I was born without limbs and am using the speech to text feature!" Then, because I was so pissed I was shaking bad, I said I was going to block her braindead ass before I got myself in trouble. I...legit had to delete at least 8 dirty cussword names and about 15 noncussword names from both of my last tweets before I had something somewhat decent to reply with.

Since Trump happened people cant even properly define "disabled" for fecks sake. Now I have a song my bf showed me on youtube crawling though my head...cannot repeat it here (it is pretty much called a very bad cuss word) but omg I wish I could just reply to that utter idiot with a link to it and not have to worry about losing my twitter privelages xD

@Tyrannogon ...How big is a "chocolate pizza" like...is it as big as a large normal pizza? Medium? Small? Personal pan sized? ....because if bigger than personal pan sized...yeesh I dont want to know how your tummy feels xD
It would appear that a lot of people read "A Christmas Story Carol" and aspire to be pre-redemption Scrooge.
edited because I got the title wrong :t-shrug:
Last edited by MistyoC on April 29th, 2018, 5:09:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Vampyredragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Vampyredragon »

@MistyoC Guess so! I even told this lady about an ex student of my bf's dad (both his parents are retired school teachers). This guy has 3 kids, his 2 girls visit him on weekends while his son (who lost his mother in a car crash like 4-6 years ago) lives with him. As a single parent to his son and shared parenting his 2 girls he can barely make ends meet. He rents a 3 bedroom (the girls share) and his ONLY job is as a roofer. So this woman was like "oh he must be happy that the president deregulated businesses and has a new housing market". Um...the company he works for mainly REPLACES roofs...very rarely does he get the chance to build new ones. Especially considering very few people in our state can actually afford to build a new house...most just buy one of those prebuilt kind that they truck to your lot in half on 2 trailers if they buy "brand new". Most just buy established houses as its cheaper? I mean in this state most people try to repair stuff with duct tape and zip ties rather than replace it!
Image Wishlist in Profile Presents: 25/25 Thank You!!!!
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

MistyoC wrote: It would appear that a lot of people read "A Christmas Story" and aspire to be pre-redemption Scrooge.
...I think you mean A Christmas Carol.
A Christmas Story is a totally unrelated movie.
Tyrannogon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyrannogon »

Vampyredragon wrote:So I just ran into the most braindead person on twitter. Person said poor folk should "get off welfare and get a job" I pointed out that quite a few people getting welfare are in fact folk who work 2-3 minimum wage jobs and just arent making enough to support themselves and their family. So she went and was like "you need to get off welfare and get a job". I politely informed her that I am disabled and cannot get a job and thus I get Disability thru social security which isnt the same as welfare. She again told me to get off welfare and get a job. I again stated that welfare and disability wasnt the same thing...and she repeated herself for the 3rd time. Finally I lost it and was like "you dont even know me! For all you know I was born without limbs and am using the speech to text feature!" Then, because I was so pissed I was shaking bad, I said I was going to block her braindead ass before I got myself in trouble. I...legit had to delete at least 8 dirty cussword names and about 15 noncussword names from both of my last tweets before I had something somewhat decent to reply with.

I don't blame you for getting so upset. That person sounds so cold, some people really struggle to even get a job let alone hold one down. *is on disability assistance himself due to neurological issues*

It was a medium pizza, it sure tasted good though. :derr:
ImageImageImageImageImageThank you Lazuli for my avatar sprites!
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Vampyredragon wrote:snip
This is exactly why I no longer comment on anything regarding the welfare system. Like you, I only end up really pissed off.

Sad day today. Lost one of my baby chickens that I had bonded with. A little silkie chick. Poor thing just never grew at all from the moment it hatched, don't know why. All it's hatch-mates have been growing like weeds.

I always seem to fall in love with the critters that have health problems. :t-weep:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

BBkat wrote:
MistyoC wrote: It would appear that a lot of people read "A Christmas Story" and aspire to be pre-redemption Scrooge.
...I think you mean A Christmas Carol.
A Christmas Story is a totally unrelated movie.
Whoops! You are correct! lol
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Silenxia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silenxia »

Is it odd that you want OCS of a fandom, but you are not really that deep into the fandom? I like Steven Universe (just haven't watch any recent ones since my TV was restored by getting a new cable box), but it doesn't quite get my interest enough that I ever made characters for it.

But now...I got me a nice little set. And I adore them (I wonder if a large fusion could hold its form for an extended period of time/the gems that make it up can keep merging).

Let's see...there is an Egyptian-themed Brown Pearl, a Snowflake Obsidian, a Red Rhodochrosite (whose theme is likened to that of Red Velvet cake...and to think that nobody ever commented on her, poor lass), a Trystine (may get the Ametirine on there as a sister), and finally a Fire Opal.

The one thing I like about SU is that you get to play with gemstones. Not just the usual birthstones. There is a Mother-of-Pearl adopt that I would like to get too.
The Wishlist in my profile is outdated (I can't quite figure out how to edit it now, so many of the creatures there have already been obtained).

Gift ideas: I am looking for event creatures now, but most anything will go. Thank you to everyone who has helped me achieve my Crystalwing goals.

ImageImageImageImage
Solbrekt
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Solbrekt »

Mom: knows I'm hard of hearing and have trouble understanding speech that isn't isolated, directed towards me, or at certain volumes

Also mom: frequently talks to me while walking away, from across the house, across the yard, across the street, over radio/loud noises/other peoples' talking, repeats herself when asked without actually raising her volume/upping her enunciation at all until she gets frustrated that she keeps having to repeat and switches straight from mumbling to yelling with no neutral indoor voice inbetween

Return to “Community Discussion”