Report site errors here

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Shakura
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Re: Report site errors here

Post by Shakura »

That the site is lagging probably has to do with the event. Just makes me wonder... who's out there snaplinking the entire IFN page all the time? D:

I'm not going to post my creatures to the IFN anymore and only use the click threads.

There are little windows when the site is super quick. They only last a minute or so, unfortunately.

Edit: It's over now, site is nicely quick again.
ImageImageI love Birds!Image <3 (( Quicksale / Shop ))
Looking for Gender Swaps of many Shop Creatures!
View my Profile for a List of all Magistream Birds! (WISHLIST!)
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

MS Clock?

At the top of the page, it says: "It is currently May 17th, 2024, 2:28 am"

At the bottom of the page, it says: "It is currently May 17th, 2024, 3:28 am EDT"

I did not cut off any EDT at the top, there's just no timezone up there. The top one only appears when I'm in the main Forums area and disappears when I choose a specific thread. It also doesn't appear anywhere else such as the Stream, Keep, or World.

Also, the bottom clock freezes. I was typing a message to Revan and it said 2:54am at the bottom while my own computer clock said 3:24am, so it doesn't move when you're idle. Since Revan had an auction recently where the end time was 6:00pm PST and folks were saying they were late after posting at 5pm EST, so there's definitely some issues with either the clock lagging and/or folks not knowing what timezone MS is.

Can we possibly get this looked into? It's minor though, just pointing it out.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmies, alt colors :t-swoon: Image
Munin
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Munin »

Airasyraye wrote: May 17th, 2024, 3:36:17 am MS Clock?

At the top of the page, it says: "It is currently May 17th, 2024, 2:28 am"

At the bottom of the page, it says: "It is currently May 17th, 2024, 3:28 am EDT"

I did not cut off any EDT at the top, there's just no timezone up there. The top one only appears when I'm in the main Forums area and disappears when I choose a specific thread. It also doesn't appear anywhere else such as the Stream, Keep, or World.

Also, the bottom clock freezes. I was typing a message to Revan and it said 2:54am at the bottom while my own computer clock said 3:24am, so it doesn't move when you're idle. Since Revan had an auction recently where the end time was 6:00pm PST and folks were saying they were late after posting at 5pm EST, so there's definitely some issues with either the clock lagging and/or folks not knowing what timezone MS is.

Can we possibly get this looked into? It's minor though, just pointing it out.
The bottom clock shows magi server time I believe, while the top one shows the time zone you set in your profile settings, thus it skips the time zone information. Both only update on a site refresh.
Norfindala
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Norfindala »

A minor one.
When I tried to name a creature with a Space in the middle, like Bayan Bilva
I get the "you can only use letters and spaces" It also shows up with a name that has a space behind it.
bigmamared
CreaturesTrade

Post by bigmamared »

Never mind!
Active Wishlist - Purple Elder Crystalwing, Golden Elder Crystalwing, Purple Crystalwing, Golden Crystalwing, Iluntz Crystalwing, Avgi Crystalwing, Purple Plumed Crystalwing, Golden Plumed Crystalwing
viewtopic.php?t=234177&start=220

Below is the link to my updated clickable pet nursery. Please help me hatch them by clicking on them. Thank you!

Rainbow Dreams
PrincessOfVampires
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by PrincessOfVampires »

Trade error:

Someone else started a trade with me, I added the pets, the other person accidentaly canceled the trade.

But the pets were not returned to me, when I click them it shows the other person is the owner.

Edit: They did indeed recieved the pets.
Last edited by PrincessOfVampires on May 21st, 2024, 5:50:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

↓Visit my shop↓
Princess treasures

Gifts: 25/25 Thank you. <3

Wishlist:
Donec
DustyRetro
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by DustyRetro »

I think I spotted a Sprite error! :orly:
Page where the error happened, include URL:The Keep
Timestamp or rough estimate of time including the timezone: Roughly 50min ago, timestamp in screenshot.
Which browser were you using: Firefox
What kind of device were you using (mobile, tablet, computer etc.): Android phone
Female sprite is incognito and they've all been masquerading as males since the event started:
Description of what you were doing when you encountered the error: Clicked the beastery page for the Cypheles and realized none of mine once looked like the other sprite despite having males and females. :facepalm:

Someone PMd and pointed out it was a random occurrence. My bad, please ignore.
Families:Image
Onsite Prides and Joys
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon Cave Prides and Joys
ImageImageImage
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

I'm not sure the site lag is solely related to goldmining. Since the start of the event, everything has slowed to a crawl for me with pages taking anywhere from 20 secs to over a minute to load, or I get a cloud flare error code. Some days I can't get onto the site at all. Just infinite loading. I have no problem with any other website I frequent, just Magistream, so I know it's not my internet. I've also cleared my cache but the problem persists. I am glad the event has gone on long enough for me to grab critters, but this is really frustrating since I cannot actually enjoy the event or anything else on the site.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Silverdove
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Silverdove »

I'm not sure if the problem is my fault as I don't remember ever using a Tuning Glass before. When I go to the item is doesn't give me any choices from my Main tab. I can't choose the creature I want to fine tune.

Gifts: 19/25
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Revan wrote: May 26th, 2024, 2:55:01 pm I'm not sure the site lag is solely related to goldmining. Since the start of the event, everything has slowed to a crawl for me with pages taking anywhere from 20 secs to over a minute to load, or I get a cloud flare error code. Some days I can't get onto the site at all. Just infinite loading. I have no problem with any other website I frequent, just Magistream, so I know it's not my internet. I've also cleared my cache but the problem persists. I am glad the event has gone on long enough for me to grab critters, but this is really frustrating since I cannot actually enjoy the event or anything else on the site.
The goldmining has never been the sole reason for the site lagging. A couple of days ago a change was made for internet crawlers, bots and spiders to be handled better, as those were also slowing the site down, and that seems to have improved the situation somehwat.

Which times (MS time, or your own time with time zone) are you usually trying to access Magistream when it's lagging for you, and are you on a mobile device or a dekstop? ^.^
Silverdove wrote: May 26th, 2024, 11:22:31 pm I'm not sure if the problem is my fault as I don't remember ever using a Tuning Glass before. When I go to the item is doesn't give me any choices from my Main tab. I can't choose the creature I want to fine tune.
The Fine Tuning glass works on hatchlings that are under 5% of growth, or under 15% if the creature has the same element as you. If you have hatchlings that fit that criteria but still aren't showing up when you go to use the Fine Tuning Glass, let me know and I'll see if something's wonky with the item. ^_^

Return to “Support and Suggestions”