The "Searching for a 1x1 Partner" Thread - Important Update!

This forum is exclusively for one-on-one RPs

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
Vesperidae
CreaturesTrade

Re: The "Searching for a 1x1 Partner" Thread - Important Upd

Post by Vesperidae »

Hello! I'm painfully new here, but I'm relatively experienced in RPing (and one on one is definitely my forte), so I thought I'd give this a shot.

As a short overview, I prefer relatively-literate RPs. If posting a sentence or two, we're probably not going to do very well in the long term; I'd prefer your average post length to fall between six well-written sentences and five paragraphs, though I'm most comfortable at three paragraphs. (I'd also be willing to try longer; I tend to mirror post length fairly well.) I like fantasy/scifi/adventure stuff, and am fairly flexible about genre. Romance can spice things up, but I prefer it as a side dish, not the main entree. I tend to play guys, and am comfortable with any flavor of romance; just let me know whether you want our characters to become attracted and how quickly. There's more detail down below, so if this brief summary hasn't completely repulsed you, feel free to browse. ^^

Activity
Spoiler
I'll be on for about an hour every day. Right now I'm putting the finishing touches on my college apps, so I'll be a little less active than normal, and I do have school most days. But I will do my utmost to reply at least once a day and give you a warning if I know I'll be out of commission for a few days.
Loves
Spoiler
Fantasy- Especially urban fantasy or LoTR- and Faerie-esque things. I love swords, spells, and everything in between.
Sci-Fi- Esp. space opera type things and androids.
Adventure- As in, I'd highly prefer some kind of direction and goal to the RP beyond avoiding the immediate threat.
Romance- It must grow slowly. I love RPing romance alongside a larger story-- so if our charries are doing nothing but kissing, or if they're smooching like crazy in the first ten pages, we're going to have problems.
Fandom RPs- I'm only comfortable with a few fandoms, though-- a short list would include Tower of God, LoTR, October Daye, AtlA, Marvel, and, with reservations*, the Hunger Games.
* = you'd have to convince me that we'd be able to keep the RP spicy and interesting. Also, OCs, and a mildly-original plot.
Academy RPs- I have some reservations on this one. I've never done too well with group RPs in a school setting, and 'just regular high school' RPs grow boring very quickly for me. But if you want to do a school as a backdrop for a larger plot, marry me I'm your guy!
Mythical Creatures- My reservations are massive and immutable. I will absolutely not play a werewolf (or an anthro, or a furry, for that matter.) I prefer to play creatures that can take human form (or are humanoid), as it's easier for me. And I won't do the 'mistreated mutants escaping from government prison' storyline. I've played it too many times before; I'll lose interest, and I want our RP to last for a while. Outside of these things, though, I'd be happy to field suggestions.
Dislikes
Spoiler
Plain vanilla romance
Plain vanilla humans
Horror / psychological type stuff, especially if that's the only thing going on; I'm willing to negotiate on this one, though
Note on my Charries and General RP Style
Spoiler
I prefer to play guys; it's what I am, it's what I'm good at. I'm not great at multiple characters, as I usually end up focusing on one or the other, but I'd be happy to give it a shot if you want. ^^

My charries tend to be slightly introverted, intelligent, and careless. (And stylish, like me!) Depending on the RP, their skills and personality will change to some degree.

I like to plan plot twists at least a little in advance so we can set up for them. I also like both of us to keep some secrets about our characters in reserve; I think it makes things interesting, and can integrate into plot twists.

If I'm ever not sure where you're going with something or what to write next, I'll make sure to PM you and ask for clarification instead of just winging it and doubtless messing up whatever carefully-crafted plan you have. I'd like us to talk, not just about the RP, but about other things; I think it's the key to a healthy RP relationship. (And, in my own interest, I'd like to make some friends. ^^)
RPs I Want to Try [generally nebulous and needing development]
Spoiler
My friend on another site did this one and gave me permission to use the idea, so just be aware that the concept isn't my own.

In essence, mythical creatures, though rare, do exist in the modern day and age. My charrie is a mythical creature (most likely a dragon) who has landed himself in some hot water with the federal agency regulating all creatures. He's currently on the run and crisscrossing the North American continent. There are a few splits the plot can take from here. The original plot involved your charrie being a fellow creature who gets swept into the whole mess; I think it would be interesting to have a little more direction to the plot than just evading the agency, so maybe we could figure out a goal of some sort.

Found one!
Spoiler
This is actually an idea I've wanted to try for a long time; it's pretty cliche, but I really hope one of you guys will want to pick it up.

In a kingdom at war, the army actively recruits large numbers of mages and warriors. We each play a first-year in a training academy; I think it would work best if one of us played a mage and the other a warrior. (But I don't mind which is which; your pick!) As mages look down on warriors for being brutish and warriors look down on mages for being fussy and weak, the two groups have never worked well together. As a result, on the first day of classes, our charries, generally considered to be the most-skilled recruits in each group, get in a fight. They're given detention by a teacher, and when their window-washing is interrupted by an escaped dragon hatchling, they end up saving each other's lives, accidentally discovering a secret that could end the war, and grudgingly becoming friends. From there, they have to work together to try to bring peace.

As a note, 'mage' and 'warrior' could be replaced by 'pilot' and 'gunner' or anything else of that sort; it's the essence of the idea that's important.
*Found someone for the mage/warrior one; I'd still be willing to do other versions!
PM me if any of these pique your interest! (Or if any of our interests are parallel; I'm sure we can whip up a plot. I'm always open to ideas!)

Example Post
Spoiler
As a note, this is the starting post from an old RP from a site that I went inactive on for RL reasons a couple of months ago and haven't gotten back on yet. It's near the upper limit of my abilities; if this is your preferred posting length, you can expect replies of this sort regularly; if you like them longer, I'll do my best; and if you like them shorter, I'll mirror your post length.

The winter that year was long and cold; the snow came down from the mountains earlier and heavier than most years, and it overstayed its welcome by more than a month. Reports of starvation came from the north, and the south worked itself to the bone making up for the deficit, planting crops as soon as the snow melted and sending any excess to help. Even more serious, to the minds of the court, was the sudden illness of the emperor, which had appeared just as suddenly as the snows, but showed no sign of thawing. The physicians were frantic, and within the machinations of the court, factions were emerging and plans were forming.

Such were the troubles on the mind of Alyeong, twenty as of the last new year, illegitimate child of the Marshal of the South with a lady-in-waiting, and bodyguard to the Princess since birth, the product of being reared by the more mundane parts of the Imperial Household. To his mind, the current situation might be likened to skating on rotten ice, unaware of the pitfalls beneath one's feet. Of course, his job was to find pitfalls and steer the princess away from them.

He raised a flask, plain copper unlike his father's jeweled silver, to his lips, sipping the wine absentmindedly as he leaned against the wooden screen door to the princess' apartments. It was reasonable to assume that no one would poison an insignificant attendant such as himself. No, any danger in the court generally came late at night, when even guards slept, or at larger occasions, when it was near to impossible to pinpoint the man or woman who slipped poison into a cup. The first was his current concern. Though a pretense of friendliness was still apparent, his instincts had told him that court tensions were rising. The only question he had was who would attack first.

He tensed suddenly, startled back to awareness, as a sound reached his ears, the soft and unmistakable click of a sword being drawn, followed by a loud clashing of steel on steel. He dropped the flask, wine spilling everywhere-- should have chosen the black clothes instead of these green ones--, and fumbled for his sword, his mind working furiously. The fight was only about a hundred meters away from him, from a rough estimate, and as the emperor's apartments were on the other side of the palace, the attack could only be meant for one of the heirs. And one guard wasn't nearly enough to fend off multiple assassins and ensure the safety of an imperial heir.

No time to think. Alyeong acted on instinct, turning to open the door to the princess' inner apartments. "Your Imperial Highness!" he hissed, speaking as loudly as he dared, sparing a moment to worry about how she would respond to seeing an unfamiliar guard holding a bared shortsword, as well as what her response would be to the impropriety. Hopefully she had already awoken. There just wasn't time for any greater delicacy; he'd estimate that it would take about a minute for assassins to arrive. "Your Imperial Highness, your life is in danger-- we need to leave now!"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Some people say, "How can you live without knowing?" I do not know what they mean. I always live without knowing. That is easy. How you get to know is what I want to know. ~Richard P. Feynman
Evermore
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by Evermore »

Hello all! I know I have too many RPs to begin with, but I love doing this and just can't stop getting new ones. XD

Guidelines:

*I'm pretty open to just about anything, just PM me with ideas and we can work something out.
*I would really prefer someone who can write long, literate posts. It makes it more fun for both of us.
*I would prefer someone who is active, but also who can understand when life gets busy. I'm very understanding, preferring my partner to be able to post at least 3 times a week, if not more if we both can.
*I would prefer someone who can write in a mature way, so we can have complex, in depth plots and characters.
*I will want a form for characters, so if you aren't into that, please don't PM me, or be willing to change your mind.
*I ALWAYS want some semblance of romance in my RPs, so be warned.
*I generally like to be the girl in RPs, but I am open to experimenting with being the guy.

Things I Want To RP:

- 'Harry Potter'
- 'Hush Hush'
- 'Alice in Wonderland'
- History
- Vampires
- Hunters
- Angels
- Witches
- Insane Asylum
- Ghosts
- Slave/Master
- Arranged Marriage
- Any combo of the above mentioned

* I really want to RP Game of Thrones!!! PLEASE PM me if interested!! *

Things I Really Won't Do:

- Wolves
- 'Warriors'
- High School/College (Why RP something as boring as real life?)
- Animal RPs

I think that's it... PM me with any ideas, suggestions, questions, or interests! Thanks! <3
Image"My skin has turned to porcelain, to ivory, to steel."
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vampiric »

eurgh
Last edited by vampiric on November 29th, 2015, 7:44:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."
Aegea
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The "Searching for a 1x1 Partner" Thread

Post by Aegea »

---
Last edited by Aegea on December 13th, 2014, 10:33:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TimeDancer
CreaturesTrade

Post by TimeDancer »

Found someone, thanks!
Last edited by TimeDancer on January 9th, 2014, 10:26:18 am, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Art by UserOfShadows
"Biting's excellent! It's like kissing, only there's a winner."
Brina
CreaturesTrade

Re: The "Searching for a 1x1 Partner" Thread

Post by Brina »

Brina wrote:I'm looking for either a 1x1 or 1x1x1. :woo:
I'm looking for a bunch of roleplays since I've been inactive for a while...

I'm looking for someone:
who is literate (know the difference between their/they're/there, are/our, you're/your)
who won't write one liners every post (I prefer at least a couple paragraphs, or one lengthy one)
who can play both male and female characters (though specializing in one gender is fine)
with at least a little experience in roleplaying
who will be willing to try exciting plot-twists to make the story continuous

ME:
I tend to write at least three paragraphs or a single one that is very long. I can roleplay both males and females. I'd say I'm fairly literate, but we all make mistakes. I'll try to be online every day, but due to my sports and school schedules I may not be able to respond as frequently as I'd like. I'll try my best to keep up with every roleplay I get into.
It'd be good if you already have ideas for plots, because even though I'm alright with helping on plots, most of the ones I make myself are lame.

I will do:
Werewolves and/or Vampires (Only with very good plot)
Cowboys/Indians
Zombie Apocalypse (or an end of the world type thing)
Shapeshifters (good plot)
Warriors (ONLY IF YOU HAVE A GOOD PLOT)

I want to try:
Hunger Games roleplays
Harry Potter roleplays
Vampire Academy (like the new movie coming out :woo: )
Send me any other ideas you may have! ^_^

****Just to warn you, no matter what kind of roleplay we do I'm going to add romance into the plot. I love romance roleplays.

I won't do:
Yaoi (Unless you have a good plot)
Animals (unless you have a good plot)
Twilight (but I will do vampires)
Anything based off of video games

If you have something in mind that isn't on the list, just explain it in your PM! I'll tell you what I think.
If you're interested, PM me any ideas. Please try and provide plots or have a brief outline of one in mind. :wave:
Last edited by Brina on February 8th, 2014, 2:10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImage
|| I ALWAYS click in the threads using snaplinks so please return the favor ||
|| LOOKING FOR A ROLEPLAY PARTNER? PM ME HERE ||
Jessabell
CreaturesTrade

Post by Jessabell »

Hello! My name is Jessabell and I am currently looking for some 1x1s

About Meeeeee

I am a 19 year old soon to be mom who is Semi Lit and is looking to keep busy during the day and at night.
I can write a paragraph BUT I am still learning so please bear with me!
If my post doesn't make sense please let me know
I can play a guy but I'm more willing to play a girl or I can play both

What I'm interested in :D
Spoiler
Vampires
Werewolves
High School
High School x High school drop-out
Angel x Demon (or anything involving Angels or Demons)
and some Animes
Willing to try with some help
Spoiler
Dragons
Fantasy
Anything you can come up with
If you suggest something I won't do, I will kindly let you know :D

Things to know
Spoiler
I would like some romance
I suck at violence
I will sometimes ask if we could have our characters start off in a relationship
I cannot come up with plots but I do try
I understand one liners but please do not constantly use them
I am willing to learn from you if you are willing to teach me
Spoiler
PM me if you are interested <3
mulan
CreaturesTrade

Post by mulan »

Never mind now, sorry
Last edited by mulan on December 11th, 2013, 3:37:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
please mine in my keep^^
http://magistream.com/user/mulan/MY-CREATURES
ImageI'm a Sheep! thank you for the hug^^

Sheep are righteous, honest, shy, artistic, creative, gentle, generous, understanding
Sometimes they can be moody, a worrier, a complainer, and or too soft.
cloudstar
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by cloudstar »

Okay, so here's the deal.

Things I will like to do
-Survival
-Fantasy
-Fiction
-Angels and/or Demons
-Insane asylum
-Hunters (like from the show Supernatural)
-Death (I like sad and creepy plots ^_^)
-Animals
-Warriors
-Ghosts
-Different world kind of think
-And pretty much anything

Things I will not like to do
-Forbidden romances (Overrated)
-Vampires (Also overrated)
-Most movie related topics
-Regular highschool/collage (I have that in real life)

-RPs where everybody is happy all the time

Things I expect
-Be active, so about AT LEAST two posts a week. If you are busy just message me, I understand.
-More than two line posts, if they are short I understand sometimes just not constantly. If you have writer's block stop for a while don't keep pushing it.
-To be literate
-To be nice to me, I mean that's always a good thing.

Basically
If you have any questions PM me, if you have any plot ideas I am all ears I love pretty much anything. And if I don't like the idea you have I will be honest with you and I hope you the same with me. Alright so I really need some partners! Thanks!
hypnoPlatypus
CreaturesTrade

Post by hypnoPlatypus »

Hello everyone! I'm pretty new to this site, and I decided to first look for a 1x1 partner to get used to how this site works. I might not be very active because I often forget to check on this site, but if I don't reply to the RP in, say, a few days, feel free to PM me and yell at remind me.

Basically, I'm looking for a romance RP, because my usual partner (on another site called DragonCave, so you may or may not know of it) has abandoned our 1x1. I'm fine with love triangles, squares, or even polyhedrons (however the heck that might work). As for genre, I'm fine with any. Supernatural, medieval, steampunk, anything.

Alterniatively, if you're a Homestuck: 1. I hope you see what I did there. 2. I would be very happy to have a Homestuck RP with you, as I have two fantrolls I'd like to try out. Preferably I'd like to have an all-troll session because humans are boring, but if you want humans then I don't mind. Either way, I'd like to keep the number of total characters an even number.

Found a partner!
Image Image Image
I don't calculate stat values, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are. I just play the game normally. If you agree copy & paste this in your sig.
QWOP CLOP
ミ(o*・ω・)☆ Scroll and Keepヾ(´・ω・`)

Return to “Private Stage”