The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
ragdoll
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The How Was Your Day Thread V4

Post by ragdoll »

BBkat wrote:I totally read 'gaffe' as 'giraffe' at first and was wonder wtf a 'social giraffe' was and why one would forgive it of anything.
Haha, I was doing the same thing! I was so confused :lol:

BBkat wrote: Hey, you got a shiny Crested Dragonling there. Nice.
Whaaat? O.o ooooo! yayyyyyy! :yey:

ShadowVixen wrote: That explains a bit. When I went to post I guess I saw both of yours. I thought I was like the 5th person.
Probably lol. Sorry you missed out on a slot! I've not had Gingy's art yet so I really wanted a spot lol.

Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

Smallguy: Well, you've given me food for thought/evidence that the genders are evaluated in different ways in terms of social skills, but I expected it the other way.

I guess I always got the impression that men were much more easily forgiven for being socially awkward. A guy does something kind of weird, and people overlook it or laugh. A woman does it, and she's automatically assumed to have an ulterior motive. A shy guy is seen as shy or awkward, a shy girl is assumed to be stuck up, etc.

I'm trying to think of a way to design an experiment around this and I'm coming up rather blank.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

ragdoll wrote:
BBkat wrote:I totally read 'gaffe' as 'giraffe' at first and was wonder wtf a 'social giraffe' was and why one would forgive it of anything.
Haha, I was doing the same thing! I was so confused :lol:

BBkat wrote: Hey, you got a shiny Crested Dragonling there. Nice.
Whaaat? O.o ooooo! yayyyyyy! :yey:
Yup, the red star next to it on the creature page indicates that it's a shiny.
ShadowVixen
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by ShadowVixen »

ragdoll wrote:
ShadowVixen wrote: That explains a bit. When I went to post I guess I saw both of yours. I thought I was like the 5th person.
Probably lol. Sorry you missed out on a slot! I've not had Gingy's art yet so I really wanted a spot lol.
Oh its fine I'll just have to catch the next round. Which I hope won't be to long.
ragdoll
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ragdoll »

BBkat wrote: Yup, the red star next to it on the creature page indicates that it's a shiny.
Weee! First shiny!!

vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vampiric »

I'm laughing so hard.
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."
GenericDragon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by GenericDragon »

Can I not be sick every other week, body, please?

Especially on my last day off... This week is gunna suck.
I want to roleplay. Particularly, Dragon Age. If you're interested in a semi-lit/adv-lit Dragon Age RP, shoot me a message.
Tekla
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tekla »

Raneth wrote:Smallguy: Well, you've given me food for thought/evidence that the genders are evaluated in different ways in terms of social skills, but I expected it the other way.

I guess I always got the impression that men were much more easily forgiven for being socially awkward. A guy does something kind of weird, and people overlook it or laugh. A woman does it, and she's automatically assumed to have an ulterior motive. A shy guy is seen as shy or awkward, a shy girl is assumed to be stuck up, etc.

I'm trying to think of a way to design an experiment around this and I'm coming up rather blank.
Men have fewer obvious reasons to get up randomly and leave. A common assumption for women is womanly issues, fix makeup/hair/general beauty reasons, general bathroom trip. But men in general don't have some of those reasons. It is easier to assign a reason to a woman doing something odd than it is for a man.

While society may be more forgiving of men for being socially awkward, there are fewer common assumptions people can make about why a man does weird things.

ImageImageImage
~
ImageImageImageImageImage
--
"Oh! My feet of fire! My burning feet of fire!"
Rewydew
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rewydew »

Does anyone know of a free to play mmorpg?

I am SOOO BOOORED :sulk: All the ones I find don't seem to quite catch my interest
Pretty much quitting the game, sorry.
If you'd like my contact info (skype, email) please contact me privately.
Thanks.
GoldenPhoenix
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by GoldenPhoenix »

Mom just told me we are not moving for yet ANOTHER MONTH.

I am sick and tired of this, it makes me feel like I'm not important with her doing this to me. I wish I could move out tomorrow. I'd do it in a heartbeat, then I wouldn't have to worry about relying on her. Not much that can be done until Doug gets a job. *sigh*
Spoiler

Code: Select all

[/spoiler][/center]

Return to “Community Discussion”