Flight Rising Guild v2

The place to converse with other members of a guild or club.
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Flight Rising Guild v2

Post by Niverdia »

That Chocolate/Orange/Spring will be an awesome adult. :well:

OK, the reason is... with their lore, I'm not very sure how they fit in with my clan's lore, considering that they have communication difficulties with most other dragon breeds. Also, IDK if their snobbery towards desaturated colours extends outside their breed - my clan matriarch is Grey/Silver. The dragon who manages all excavation (in the Hewn City) and cultural activity, as well as cataloging of found valuables is Silver/Stonewash. Hmmm.
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

Monty wrote:Uh, this earth egg was worth it's 65k, I think:
Fire-ish.
laertid
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by laertid »

Niverdia wrote:That Chocolate/Orange/Spring will be an awesome adult. :well:

OK, the reason is... with their lore, I'm not very sure how they fit in with my clan's lore, considering that they have communication difficulties with most other dragon breeds. Also, IDK if their snobbery towards desaturated colours extends outside their breed - my clan matriarch is Grey/Silver. The dragon who manages all excavation (in the Hewn City) and cultural activity, as well as cataloging of found valuables is Silver/Stonewash. Hmmm.
Well, I often find myself playing outside of any lore, especially with having around illusion mage looking like a rotten Emperor, kind Plague Snapper wanting to become a knight, bookworm Spiral, fighter Pearlcatcher and so on %) It'll be totally boring to play only as the lore suggests (like, Mirrors always hunt in packs - so what, should I buy 6 Mirrors at once just to fit the lore?). Not to mention there always are exceptions from any rules, and we can find a sleepy Snapper, or a Tundra who doesn't have any sense of smell at all, who prefers to see and hear. And that's an interesting part of the game, for me %)

(Yeah, I have a lot of grey\black dragons too. My 3 Coatls don't mind at all.)
SolarRush
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by SolarRush »

@Drach
@Lae

Glad ya like :wave:

Reading through what's happened over night since I last saw and ???? can we all just stop with this conversation it's not even about this skin anymore it's about triggers.

Spoiler
Certain players are coming in guns a blazin and it's squashing the spirit of the festival. :sweat: They're acting like they've been attacked or something. And of course they'd refer to my 'it's the internet' bit, but ya know what? It IS. It really is and people can't take what is said online at face value. Maybe one day they'll get that.

And for the record I do think the creator had a knee-jerk reaction and shouldn't have self-eliminated like that. I actually find it really annoying when people who try something wither at the first sign of failure or resistance. But I was standing more on the side that it can be overwhelming to have multiple users at once coming 'at' you. It was not 3-4 different messages, they were messages agreeing with the person who said it first. :\

It is NOT hard to take a conversation to a private place. It is NOT a trial to have to do so. There ARE ways to say something doesn't look right and then offer suggestions FIRST so that it doesn't come off negative. Good grief.

Hhhhhhhhh :derp:
Niverdia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Niverdia »

I just think that having a lair full of special snowflakes who break all lore rules would be kinda... improbable. For my tastes, at least.
Still, I have a pearlcatcher who doesn't gossip about other dragons and who is in dear friends with an Imperial, because they've known each other for so long.

And then I also have cases where, I think, the lore is what actually *adds* interest - I have a Shadow Mirror, who isn't so much into hunting for food's sake, but whose natural savagery comes in hand when exploring the sewers of The Hewn City - she literally clears the way by slashing living obstacles to pieces and sees it as a game of how many turns can be cleared in a day, a week, a month; she's aided by an Arcane imp whose curiosity drives him to keep going against all the uncanniness of the place... and provides sheer physical bulk, where said Mirror's speed and agility can't do all the job done. Neither of them are talkative, but together they make a great working partnership.
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

I got a Pearlcatcher that's not a coward, hates gossip, suck at using magic and oh she's dead btw.
laertid
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by laertid »

Niverdia wrote:I just think that having a lair full of special snowflakes who break all lore rules would be kinda... improbable. For my tastes, at least.
Still, I have a pearlcatcher who doesn't gossip about other dragons and who is in dear friends with an Imperial, because they've known each other for so long.

And then I also have cases where, I think, the lore is what actually *adds* interest - I have a Shadow Mirror, who isn't so much into hunting for food's sake, but whose natural savagery comes in hand when exploring the sewers of The Hewn City - she literally clears the way by slashing living obstacles to pieces and sees it as a game of how many turns can be cleared in a day, a week, a month; she's aided by an Arcane imp whose curiosity drives him to keep going against all the uncanniness of the place... and provides sheer physical bulk, where said Mirror's speed and agility can't do all the job done. Neither of them are talkative, but together they make a great working partnership.
I'm not sure if it's about special snowflakes... more like, for me, lore is showing us the "general" way around, like, "cats eat mice" as a fact. But there are flying mice, big spotty cats, big striped cats, "mice" the size of a dog, cats who eat only fish, fish who eat anything... and so on. Like this.

There are lore-friendly dragons in my lair too - Light Imperial, who praises the Lightweaver, and trusts her to mourn all the Imps died as Emperors; Water Guardian who serves as a fish-catcher for all the clan (also she is constantly trying to teach her bat to swim), and so on. I just think it's more interesting with more freedom. Dragons are different, people too %)

I like your clan stories, by the way ^^
Mazzi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mazzi »

Making a thread for buying tundras has possibly been the worst mistake I've ever made. Ever.
Spoiler

:t-swoon: :t-swoon: Image :t-swoon: :t-swoon:
ImageImageImageImage
:t-swoon: :t-swoon: Image :t-swoon: :t-swoon:
laertid
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by laertid »

Moar tundras! Fluff is never enough xD
That black-n-white is nearly perfect. And the gened one too!
Piney
CreaturesTrade

Post by Piney »

I'm just wondering what people will do once the skin contest for the Plague flight comes around. XD
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DeviantArt || Flight Rising || Avatar source
3DS friend code: 1607-2367-6983
If you message me I will register you. :3

Return to “Guilds Quarter”