Choose Your Path Wisely (The Prophecy)

Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Hopefire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin
Location: wandering the paths of imagination, myth, mystery and memory

Re: Choose Your Path Wisely (The Prophecy)

Post by Hopefire »

Ask
Current Seek/Wish-list:
Spoiler
Nightshade Hearthhound or any other Hearthhound
Synara Nekomata
Alasre Nekomata
Kursim Jackalope
Aetus Jackalope(Female)
Flos Jackalope
Medeor Jackalope
catcrazyme
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: In the corner, usually. Where no one looks. Where shadows age.

Post by catcrazyme »

Alright--let's see!

Sierra stepped forward, and question forming on her lips. Katheryn beat her to the task, and was bounding over in no time at all. "Well, Colette," she squealed, "What is it? What is it?" She started in a little chant, hopping around and giggling.

Sierra rolled her eyes. Katheryn's spontaneous personality...it'll be the death of us one day.

Colette flashed the group a quick, shy smile. She held up the large, round stone. "It....it's a..." she paused, reluctant for some reason. She sighed, waved her arms. "I'm tired. Let's settle down camp, and I'll tell you over a meal."

The group nodded, and bustled about to carry out her wish.

Colette sat down, as the group watched eagerly. Finally, she cleared her throat meekly and began the story.

"I was riding Blossom like I should've, following Scot's lead. Suddenly,I sensed an animal spirit. It was huge, powerful, mysterious. Never before had I sensed something this great and beastly. Ordering Blossom to continue up the mountain, I unmounted and traveled through the boulders, intent on finding the source of this immense power."

"As I walked, I assessed the situation. Not many animals large to this extent thrive in the thin air of the mountains. I do admit, I was curious to a large degree. After traveling for a while, I finally came to a stop. The beast was just around the corner...whatever it was."

"I walked around the corner, and gasped at what I saw. There was an enormous cave, staggering in size. But, what was more astonishing, is what stood before it."

"Dragon."

"I was terrified, naturally, but I sensed no evil in its mind. I approached carefully, and as I neared, the dragon swung up her mighty head. It was a gorgeous green monster, with fur down its nose. There were silver beads lining its eyes, its cheeks. Ornate scales covered its claws, adorned with symbols. Its eyes, a deep, rich, gold stared. Suddenly, it opened its mouth and began to speak."

"I listened carefully. 'Hello, young one,' it boomed. 'I was told that one like you would greet me one day. I never you would come to me on my dying day. Well, that's that. you must take care of this.' The great dragon handed me the stone. 'Beware, though. This power will seem like heaven, but it may quickly become hell.' The dragon retreated into the cave, leaving me with the egg."

Colette finished her story with a bold look. The dragon egg was set next to the fire, so adequate incubation reached it.

The group stared, and Sierra was sure she saw Katheryn trembling slightly.

Honus simply scowled. "What a drag," he grunted. "Well," he started, "Here's the real question. Do we keep it?"

Well? Here's the real question:

A) Keep the egg

B) Let it die
I've been on a really long hiatus. I apologize for all delays! Thanks!
P.S. Mining in my keep is OK, except for 'No Touchy' Tab! Thanks!
Hopefire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Hopefire »

Keep it.
Current Seek/Wish-list:
Spoiler
Synara Nekomata
Alasre Nekomata
Kursim Jackalope
Aetus Jackalope(Female)
Flos Jackalope
Medeor Jackalope
catcrazyme
CreaturesTrade

Post by catcrazyme »

Roger that.........

Colette held the egg close. "The egg...it is important. I wouldn't bear to see it lifeless."

The group nodded solemnly, and Honus smiled. Alright then.

Three weeks later...

Sierra sighed and stretched. Smiling, she ran a hand down Feather's sweaty neck. Even though it was notably chilly, the tough mountain route they had just passed had been hard to overcome. "Well, we're finally out of that mountain range."

The group nodded. Honus whipped out his map and traced a light finger over it, murmuring softly. "Drakonus should be incredibly close. Should we take a stop?"

Well? Yes or no...stop in Drakonus.

A) Stop

B) Skip the town
Kaylie
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kaylie »

A) Stop at Drakonus! :haha:
catcrazyme
CreaturesTrade

Post by catcrazyme »

OK! Here we go!

Sierra gently nudged Feather forward. "It's alright, girl," she cooed, "They're just Drakons. They won't hurt you."

Feather reared and fought the bridle, but after a few seconds she calmed down. Sierra patted Feather's powerful neck, and looked around.

She did have to admit, the Drakons did look a little intimidating. They were all powerful creatures, with large, strong wings and powerful hearts and lungs. She smiled quickly, and turned away. "Come on," she called to the group. "Let's go find an inn."

She walked into the nearest one. Katheryn held the egg behind her back as they stepped through the door. Colette had entrusted Katheryn to the job of keeping the egg incubated, and Katheryn was doing a good job of it. Flames danced from her fingers and licked the egg gently as she kept the egg out of sight.

The innkeeper smiled at them, and leaned over, green eyes sparkling. He was a thin man, wearing a cream colored shirt and a long leather vest. His brown canvas trousers were tucked into his boots, and his expression was friendly. "Shall it be two bedrooms?"

The group nodded.

The innkeeper produced a quill out of nowhere and gently set an old, unbelievably thick record book on the counter. "Your names, please."

Sierra smiled and answered. "I'm Sierra, this is Katheryn, Colette, Dylan and here's Honus."

The innkeeper smiled again. "Three girls, two boys...and a...dragon egg?"

Sierra felt her heart plummet.

Katheryn turned ghostly white, and slowly held the egg before her. Colette stood between the innkeeper and the egg, almost protectively. "How did you know?" Katheryn squeaked.

The innkeeper smiled. "You see, us Drakons, our DNA closely resembles a dragon's DNA. And I, being a flora and fauna user, am able to notice and recognize animal power."

Colette shook her head. "I can't believe it."

The innkeeper leaned forward with a more serious tone. "Let me give you some advice. Keeping that egg would be dangerous. There are some people out there that prowl Drakonus in hopes of finding a dragon egg. You would be an easy target. Either sell it, or confiscate it, but if you do choose to keep it," his eyes crackled ominously, "It will bring certain death."

Well? What do you choose?

A) Sell the egg

B) Kill the egg

C) Keep the egg
Hopefire
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Hopefire »

Keep the egg
Current Seek/Wish-list:
Spoiler
Synara Nekomata
Alasre Nekomata
Kursim Jackalope
Aetus Jackalope(Female)
Flos Jackalope
Medeor Jackalope
catcrazyme
CreaturesTrade

Post by catcrazyme »

Alrighty then!

Sierra watched as Colette fingered the egg. "No," Colette said, "We must keep it."

The group nodded in support.

The innkeeper smiled and clapped his hands together. "Well," he smiled, "Alright then. Don't go blaming me when you go to prison. It will happen."

He smiled curtly, and handed them a pair of keys. "Your rooms are on the second floor, down the right hall. 302 and 303."

Sierra took the keys and led the group upstairs. They would spend the night in the inn.

Sierra woke up to a rapid knocking at her door. It was an impatient knock, and she could feel the agitation in it. She threw open the door. "What?!" She exclaimed.

There, the innkeeper stood. "Just came up here to tell you, the City Guard is here."

Dylan popped out of the other room. "Why?"

The innkeeper laughed. "It's amusing how much you don't know. To arrest you, of course."

Everyone in the group visibly paled. "What's the punishment?" Honus tensely asked.

The innkeeper grinned. "Death."

Well! Wrong choice! Pick again:

A) Sell the egg

B) Kill the egg

C) Keep the egg
Kaylie
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kaylie »

Oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no oh no! Anything but killing it! No no no! A) Sell the egg! :t-pout:
catcrazyme
CreaturesTrade

Post by catcrazyme »

OK! (Yeah I feel bad for putting that on the options)

Colette glanced at the egg. "How much will it bring?" She squeaked, voice barely audible.

The inn-keeper smiled. "Listen. I'm only saying this to save your sorry selves." He leaned in, and his eyes flashed in a serious way. "Look, the council usually deals with problems like these with execution. Meet me at Elder's Rock at midnight the day after tomorrow. I may be able to help you."

He leaned back up, and shook his finger at the group. "Now remember that," he added in a playful tone.

"12,000 Lamin."

Colette reluctantly picked up the egg and handed it to the innkeeper.

"Thank you," he piped, and doled out the money. "Here you are. And don't forget, put that money in the bank! It's an awful lot to be carrying around."

Sierra gulped. A front. He's making it look like that's what he whispered to us earlier. Could this guy...could he really be serious? She glanced at the smiling innkeeper. I don't know.

You are now presented with a choice.

A) Go to the Elder's Rock at midnight

B) Don't go

Return to “Tea House”