#405 April Midmonth- Viyasant

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Rowana
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Re: #405 April Midmonth- Viyasant

Post by Rowana »

Nine-tailed rats.... THIS MAY BE THE BEST CREATURE EVER!!!! Thank you so much who ever made them! ^__^ I can't wait to raise a pair of my own!
ImageImageImage
Crystalwing sprites by Rijolt and Glasswalker; recolor by Sylvan.
TheElementalist
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Texan. Liberal. INTJ. Ace. Pisces. 21. Education Major.

Post by TheElementalist »

..I think they have ten tails... *squints and re counts for the 5th time*\

Nope. I'm an idiot. They've got 9.
Clicking Lion --> Liodeon Pride
Clicking Ice Banner --> Flight Rising Clan

~*King Orion*~
xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

Is there a purpose to the multiple tails? Or a story behind them? Just wondering. .-.

Also, I do like these, though... I will admit, my first thought when I saw them was the White and Black Keep Rats... D: (Sorry, but it's true! ><;) I like the colors, though I do wish they were different just to make them distinct. But idk. In a way, they feel more interesting like this, too.
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chimera »

xXAzerinXx wrote:Is there a purpose to the multiple tails? Or a story behind them? Just wondering. .-.

Also, I do like these, though... I will admit, my first thought when I saw them was the White and Black Keep Rats... D: (Sorry, but it's true! ><;) I like the colors, though I do wish they were different just to make them distinct. But idk. In a way, they feel more interesting like this, too.
They're based off the Rat King phenomenon but I think (since it hasn't been specified why it was decided there would be only one rat per sprite) if they tried to mimic the actual Rat King concept they based it off of, it would be too cluttered so the multiple tails were the only other option
ApprenticeCrone
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by ApprenticeCrone »

/has the phrase "all rats are one!" going through her mind right now, in an eerie whisper.

aaaagh they weren't creepy BEFORE that! Get out of my head, stupid voice....

great.

Now /I'm/ being creepy, too.

It's contagious! Run! D:
Clicks appreciated:
Spoiler

Code: Select all

Loaning out doni pets for breeding: FREE -see profile for details, then pm me
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Chimera wrote:
xXAzerinXx wrote:Is there a purpose to the multiple tails? Or a story behind them? Just wondering. .-.

They're based off the Rat King phenomenon but I think (since it hasn't been specified why it was decided there would be only one rat per sprite) if they tried to mimic the actual Rat King concept they based it off of, it would be too cluttered so the multiple tails were the only other option
It sounds like it was just Laz's interpretation of the 'Rat King' for thing.
Chimera
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chimera »

BBkat wrote:
Chimera wrote:

It sounds like it was just Laz's interpretation of the 'Rat King' for thing.
Ahhha, that too XD I still think though a realistic representation of the rat king phenomenon would be a little -too- creepy for doni's tho so I'm cool either way with these guys. Need moar shards so I can spread the rat luv D: /slaps the retarded transfer wait duration paypal just looooves to give us canadians
Lazuli
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lazuli »

There are three reasons I made these as they are instead of matching the exact myth:
-the original is just too creepy
-the rats would have had to be so small and indistinct to be able to fit within limits
-I'm not sure I could have drawn all the knotted tails and still made it make sense

The way I think about them is that in a Viyasant pack, each level of hierarchy within the pack has a certain number of tails to show its rank, with the two alphas each having a full set of nine, and the lowest, regular rats having only one. As rats move up and down in rank, they will grow and lose their tails. I imagine them having the power to control regular, non magical rats - more tails = more control.
Arionn
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Arionn »

Lazuli wrote:There are three reasons I made these as they are instead of matching the exact myth:
-the rats would have had to be so small and indistinct to be able to fit within limits
-I'm not sure I could have drawn all the knotted tails and still made it make sense

The way I think about them is that in a Viyasant pack, each level of hierarchy within the pack has a certain number of tails to show its rank, with the two alphas each having a full set of nine, and the lowest, regular rats having only one. As rats move up and down in rank, they will grow and lose their tails. I imagine them having the power to control regular, non magical rats - more tails = more control.
can they be more creepy? XD

just kidding x3 they are cute, but the tails just look like tentacles are comin outta their butts :omg:
i'm still considering buying one hatchling and freezing it >D though i'm scared i'll get a male D: i like the baby female
na na na na na ~ Life is Life!
And i have no idea what i'm doing with mine x^x;
Firebird
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Firebird »

Arionn wrote:
Lazuli wrote:There are three reasons I made these as they are instead of matching the exact myth:

can they be more creepy? XD

just kidding x3 they are cute, but the tails just look like tentacles are comin outta their butts :omg:
i'm still considering buying one hatchling and freezing it >D though i'm scared i'll get a male D: i like the baby female
i agree i thought they were Cthulhu creatures at first
ImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”