Magi Solstice Celebration

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
SynthDetective
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Magi Christmas

Post by SynthDetective »

Dang I need o get out of egg lock asap so I can join the fun
Hey, chin up. I know the night just got darker, but it won't last forever.
~Nick Valentine
ImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

GUYS

FROM THE HWYD THREAD
fallenlove101 wrote: :woo: I didnt even know we had albino direcores! One of the few times I've breed my creatures and I get an alby :t-:3:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Kestrad wrote:GUYS

FROM THE HWYD THREAD
fallenlove101 wrote: :woo: I didnt even know we had albino direcores! One of the few times I've breed my creatures and I get an alby :t-:3:
Albino Direcore
A paw print marks the shell of this pale, and a pair of wings are already emerging.

General Description
Spoiler
There are several libraries in the castle, filled with thousands of books. Reading all of them is something no one has yet accomplished. Still, curious students and teachers alike spend their spare time reading, and occasionally find some intriguing subjects. For instance, multiple references to a fabled creature have been found. This animal was thought to be nothing more than mere rumor, as no one has ever seen a wingled wolf before. Most assumed these passages to be nothing more than fanciful rumor, and spared no time in searching for the creatures. But others did venture into the farthest reaches of the forest, and there these companions were discovered. Direcores are the fearsome result of a union between a direwolf and a manticore. Direcore companions possess the best attributes of both parents – they are large and powerful, yet silent and sly. Despite their large sizes, direcores are remarkably graceful when in flight, and swift. They hunt both on foot and when flying, and are talented hunters. When they tire, they retreat to a wide tree branch to nap, or to their den. Direcore companions live among both direwolves and manticores with ease, and the two species accept them in return, though none are eager to take them as mates.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

I got one! *flails* Thank god for having a buttload of Manticores and Direwolves. Didn't even need to try my Direcore pairs yet.
Xenomorph
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Xenomorph »

Omg
So many new and wonderful creatures.
Very little time to get them. ._.

I may have to break down and trade some donis after all. xD;;

Doomed into an endless cycle we cannot control.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Oops, there's a word missing on the egg description. XD I'll fix it.
NepetaLeijon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NepetaLeijon »

Danafox wrote:
Kestrad wrote:GUYS

FROM THE HWYD THREAD
Albino Direcore
A paw print marks the shell of this pale, and a pair of wings are already emerging.

General Description
Spoiler
There are several libraries in the castle, filled with thousands of books. Reading all of them is something no one has yet accomplished. Still, curious students and teachers alike spend their spare time reading, and occasionally find some intriguing subjects. For instance, multiple references to a fabled creature have been found. This animal was thought to be nothing more than mere rumor, as no one has ever seen a wingled wolf before. Most assumed these passages to be nothing more than fanciful rumor, and spared no time in searching for the creatures. But others did venture into the farthest reaches of the forest, and there these companions were discovered. Direcores are the fearsome result of a union between a direwolf and a manticore. Direcore companions possess the best attributes of both parents – they are large and powerful, yet silent and sly. Despite their large sizes, direcores are remarkably graceful when in flight, and swift. They hunt both on foot and when flying, and are talented hunters. When they tire, they retreat to a wide tree branch to nap, or to their den. Direcore companions live among both direwolves and manticores with ease, and the two species accept them in return, though none are eager to take them as mates.
Not christmas themed but I love it!! Can't wait to see how it looks grown up!!

I like how we were all brainstorming and frantically hatching, and then someone else on a totally different thread breeds it by accident XD
0/25
ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist
Spoiler
Cats please!
Any new or previous event pets!
Any BM recolors!
(Alasre Peryton)
<3

Creatures in my For Sale and Display tab are for sale or trade, make me an offer!
vampiric
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by vampiric »

Aww man, my only parentless Manticore and Direwolf pair produced a normal Direcore.
"the fangs? they're uh... gucci. yeah."
xXAzerinXx
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by xXAzerinXx »

Kestrad wrote:Yeah, this sounds like it has to be direcores. Direwolves and manticores originally couldn't breed hybrids for a long time, though, which is what threw me off.
I thought about that, except it was simply stated that the creatures were old, not their hybrid offspring.

P1+ shouted Albino to me, which meant Direwolves x Manticores again.

Before the math hint, I didn't think any breedings like Manticores, Chimeras, et cetera might be it, since I wasn't so sure that fit the season. ._.; Not that it has to, but they usually do. I'm eager to see the sprites and descriptions.
Away. );

Miss it here.
Thank you for everything.
</3

secret, much-needed vents:
Spoiler
how can I be true to you, when you're not true to me...

edit, 10/16:
I don't understand people who lie just to ****ing lie.

GPX+: Image
VDex: Image | Image
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

I'm probably just dumb, but to me the wording seemed to imply that the parents were able to produce hybrids from the beginning. I definitely thought of them and immediately dismissed them as a possibility, since Direwolves and Manticores were the first creatures able to breed outside their species, but couldn't actually produce hybrids, right?
Last edited by Kestrad on December 19th, 2015, 3:01:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Community Discussion”