The Wandering Ice Dragon*Chapter 5 up*

This section is for any writing set in a world not of your own making, whether it is the Magistream world or any other.

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

Uprising
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Wandering Ice Dragon*Chapter 2 up*

Post by Uprising »

Chapter 3
Spoiler
I land slowly on the ground, and repeat the word I had spoken in a louder voice. "Hi."
Another Frost Unicorn trots up to me. He looked like Wild Spirit, but he was much more muscular and a bit larger.

"Greetings, Snow Angel. I am Ice Forest, mate of Wild Spirit. I am the lead of this beautiful herd."

I nod respectfully at Ice Forest, and a young foal comes up from behind him. She's a little bigger than me, and speaks to me.

"I'm Crystal, daughter of Wild Spirit and Ice Forest. Its a pleasure to meet you, Snow Angel. Hopefully we can be the best of friends."

I speak to her. "Crystal, I hope the same." And I see a flicker of hope in her dull eyes. I hadn't noticed they were so dull before. Its like she's greeted so many creatures like this, and never got a reply back, perhaps a simple nod or a 'thank you'.

Slowly, we break apart, and Ice Forest and Wild Spirit go to speak with each other. I believe I'm accepted into the herd.

Later that evening, I am playing in the snow with the foals, and since the time I lost my family, I feel happy. We are playing 'Tag', a game I've never played before. Me and Icicle always played one game; Tackle-Each-Other-And-Roar-'Your dead now, I caught you'. It wasn't exactly called that, but I always called it that in my mind.

Tag is a quite mindless game to be honest. A foal is it. She/He runs around in endless circles, with no point, while the other hatchlings run away. Useless but fun. Crystal is no where to be seen; she said she had to speak to her parents.

Crystal gallops up to me, and whispers, 'Come with me'. She sounds urgent.

"Snow, you can't stay here. The Magi come tomorrow."

"WHAT?"

"Let me explain. Every month, the Magi come. We must sacrifice one of us to the Magi to sell. If we don't, the entire herd will be captured. I went to speak with my parents, and I overheard them planning to make you the sacrifice. You have to leave. Now."

"What's going on here?"
Quite simply, I'm a prodigy among idiots.
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: The Wandering Ice Dragon*Chapter 3 up*

Post by freakazoid »

*gasps*
oh noes! D:

Also:
Tackle-Each-Other-And-Roar-'Your dead now, I caught you'
XD
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

Really good! Keep it up! :D

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link
Uprising
CreaturesTrade

Post by Uprising »

Chapter 4
Spoiler
Ice Forest is behind me, and I stumble back in awe.

"Father," Crystal said fiercely, stepping in front of me, "Leave Snow Angel alone! She is my friend. You said you would never sacrifice my friends."

"I lied." Ice Forest snorted, stepping closer. I back away some more, and I hear Crystal yell, "RUN, SNOW ANGEL!" Before I hear a little neigh and Ice Forest whinnying, " We need to protect the herd!"

I don't hear anymore as I flee, flee far away from the Frost Unicorns.

I sit in the ice cave, listening to water drop deeper inside. I think about what has happened.
Ice Forest will sacrifice Crystal.
Crystal called me her friend.
Crystal saved me.

Crystal saVed me.

She saved me.

But why? I never helped her. I never saved her.

Then it hits me. Maybe its because she's seen so many others be sacrificed to the Magi. Maybe because she's lost so many friends.

And what about Wild Spirit? Was she friend or foe? Was she objecting to giving me away, or happily went along with it?

I am so engulfed in my own soap opera that I when I finally notice the creature, he's already offered me a fish.
He's a Dodo Bird with a rough expression on his face, and he says in a cracked voice, "Well, eat up."

I guess it doesn't matter anymore. He seems nice enough. I eat a bit of fish. But thats when I see something that I fear at the front of the cage.

A Magi.
barbconn
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade
Location: The darkest corners of your mind, twisting your thoughts until you go insane...

Re: The Wandering Ice Dragon*Chapter 4 up*

Post by barbconn »

*Screams* AWESOME SAUCENESS PHOENIX! :woo:
ImageImageImageImage
R.I.P. my beloved Sadie. You were what anyone could ask you to be. A good dog.
Cyrelijean
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cyrelijean »

Just read through all of the chapters, and I gotta say, I want more. You could also try to describe the surroundings a bit more, to give depth and a picture of how it would be to stand there. Anyway, good work! :splat:
Uprising
CreaturesTrade

Post by Uprising »

barbconn wrote:*Screams* AWESOME SAUCENESS PHOENIX! :woo:
Thanks. :t-blush:
Uprising
CreaturesTrade

Post by Uprising »

Woxai wrote:Just read through all of the chapters, and I gotta say, I want more. You could also try to describe the surroundings a bit more, to give depth and a picture of how it would be to stand there. Anyway, good work! :splat:
(Just saw this post, it was right after I posted)

Thanks! And I'll try to use your suggestion too. Thanks to all for commenting here!
freakazoid
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by freakazoid »

:aah:
Oh snap.
. Image Image Image Image Image .
Selling shards 50k/shard or cats/koalas
(Always) LTB winged cats & meowls
Signature & avatar art by Piney
Lunaheart
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lunaheart »

Oh no! I hope she will be all right....great job! And just like Woxia suggested to give a little more description. It will make the story more alive. But I'm just itching to hear more! :D :cool:

Looking for Donis on my wishlist. See my profile for details on what I have to offer.
Sarge is one of my Keep Guardians along with Durakro.

ImageImage
AT&T Link

Return to “The Den”