Ocean?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Atuin
CreaturesTrade

Re: Ocean?

Post by Atuin »

I like the fact it doesn't have a name.
Gives a sense of mystery.

Just some rubbish I made-up.
The Ocean was never named. It was free. Ownerless. To give it a title would lessen it's mystery. It's power.
To do so would imply ownership; It was not for any one person to name. For that reason it never had one.
...All would love to be clicked...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
My FR user name is: Lapinporokoira (Wind)
My DC User name is: Atuin
coralreef
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by coralreef »

On old maps, there used to be the phrase "Here be dragons" for unexplored oceans or large bodies of water that were unexplored. "Here be dragons" may not be a name for the Magistream Ocean/Sea, but I could see it on the map :D .

It doesn't really bother me that the Ocean doesn't have an official name. Unless we have to get into in (as in diving) to do a quest, it may not be necessary to name it.
Wish list :
Spoiler
Diamond Wyrm, Cerverid, Equilibrus Narasad, Osseo Arachnid, Vesper Bat, Sangue Dracul, Krampen Beest, Lanoura, Yecu and Moraz Covisflower, Vahti, Ilex Gecko, Chiolin.
Gifts : 12/25 Thank you
TNHawke
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by TNHawke »

coralreef wrote:On old maps, there used to be the phrase "Here be dragons" for unexplored oceans or large bodies of water that were unexplored. "Here be dragons" may not be a name for the Magistream Ocean/Sea, but I could see it on the map :D .

It doesn't really bother me that the Ocean doesn't have an official name. Unless we have to get into in (as in diving) to do a quest, it may not be necessary to name it.
Maybe our map could have "Here be Magicless Lands" or "Here be Mundania" (except Mundania is copyright to Piers Anthony I think)
Hawke's IRL fiance, Lunaroki, suffered a massive stroke and died on Tuesday, March 31st, 2015.

Hawke needs to concentrate on other things, and is leaving MS permanently.

Thank you all for many fun years.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”