How do you play?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Vampyredragon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How do you play?

Post by Vampyredragon »

General
How is your Keep organized? Messily xD I have a system but only I can figure it out I bet xD
Do you name some/all/none of your creatures? If so, what kind of naming conventions do you follow, if any? Most of mine are unnamed but I do name some on occasion. The ones that are named are after anime or just whatever came to mind when looking at them.
What kind of creatures do you collect? Do you have any preferences, or are you a completionist? I want to be a completionist....but I collect the scorpions mainly (I'm a scorpio)
Do you do creature armies? If I do....its accidental (mainly the freebies from chucking stuff during the holidays)
Do you do quests? Ive done all the ones that I was online for besides face changer and the herb and water shop ones :3
Do you create/breed lineages, or avoid them? I have one lineage but other than that no.

"In-Character"
Weird question, but do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)? Not really?
Have you ever made up personalities for any of your creatures? Nope
Do you have a keep guardian/mascot/favorite creature? I dont have any particular favorite...but I do like some more than others :3
Image Wishlist in Profile Presents: 25/25 Thank You!!!!
Badhorror
CreaturesTrade

Post by Badhorror »

How is your Keep organized?
By army divisons, I read the descriptions of each creature and imagine which war division they fit in based on their abilities. The Crown Generals are the exception as they are my Doni collection.
Do you name some/all/none of your creatures? If so, what kind of naming conventions do you follow, if any?
I used to name them randomly but I've stopped now.
What kind of creatures do you collect? Do you have any preferences, or are you a completionist?
Donis!
Do you do creature armies?
My whole Keep is an army, so yes I guess?
Do you do quests?
When I can.
Do you create/breed lineages, or avoid them?
I'm indifferent to them most of the time
HUGE thank you to everyone who sent me gifts!!! Love this community <3
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CREATURES FOR SALE
Thanks for helping out amigo
vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

General
  • How is your Keep organized?
    I have/am sorting them in tabs named after the real life animal wiki.
    So all the sharks, rays and eels are kept seperate the dog types ectr ectr. Was barely halfway through when I got distracted by life.
  • Do you name some/all/none of your creatures? If so, what kind of naming conventions do you follow, if any?
    I am busy naming all my creatures. With most I try to follow a b c for the critters. (name starting with an A for a male and a female. Then a name with a B for a male and female)
    At other times I will switch it up. All my goldfish will be named gold in different languages.
  • What kind of creatures do you collect? Do you have any preferences, or are you a completionist?
    I am kind of ocd with them. I just want to have 10 breeding pairs of each type of creature. With a tendency to try that with parentless versions of hybrids too.
  • Do you do creature armies?
    Not really. I do end up with some armies, Baku, hallowjack, amberspice mouse ectr by buying and events.
    But they are mostly for sale.
  • Do you do quests?
    Yus, only way to get certian creatures. Well for more or less free anyway.
  • Do you create/breed lineages, or avoid them?
I have a few lineages, but I get bored with them real fast.

"In-Character"
  • Weird question, but do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)?
    Not really.
  • Have you ever made up personalities for any of your creatures?
    Yes. There was a user started game with finishing mini quests or something like that.
    Was years ago.
    For that I created personalities for 3 of my creatures.
  • Do you have a keep guardian/mascot/favorite creature?
Not really.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
blockEdragon
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by blockEdragon »

General
By area, like areas I think the keep would have, like the living quarters, rooftops, lake, pasture, ect, but I do have more technical tabs for utility and such.

Do you name some/all/none of your creatures? If so, what kind of naming conventions do you follow, if any?
Some, it kinda depends.

What kind of creatures do you collect? Do you have any preferences, or are you a completionist?
I collect what I like, i'm not a completionist.

I am armying pearl wyrms and puvia because they're what got me into the site and I also am armying minicorns to go with my first doni ever, a unicorn I bought because I felt like it
I didn't even particularly care for the OG light unicorns but for some reason the hatchling in marta's sale clicked with me and I decided to buy it, they've really grown on me and I can't help but smile when I look at a minicorn's side art so that worked out.

Do you do quests?
Yes, I wish there where more quest creatures on the site, we don't have enough!

Yes, I created several lineages and am planning more
And i've made my own crests with photoshop, most of them are sprite/side art based but I made one by hand, It's not great but it looks alright for my level of skill so that's progress I guess, still can't draw well enough for my raven lineage's crest idea I have though.

"In-Character"
Weird question, but do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)?

Nope, I've thought of making one but I decided not to.

Have you ever made up personalities for any of your creatures?
Not really but I do sometimes imagine that my Alcelon and Emperor phoenix have a rivalry going because they're both birds that think themselves royalty that are in my "living quarters" tab, I sometime imagine them trying to out-do one another and getting super jealous of each-other whenever the other get any kind of admiration.
*aggressively posing majestically at opponent*

It's silly but it amuses me to think about.

Do you have a keep guardian/mascot/favorite creature?
Nope, nope, and there are too many species I love to truly decide but Blue Emperor phoenixes are probably my favorite (much to the dismay of my Alcelon^)
Last edited by blockEdragon on October 3rd, 2022, 6:11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
25/25 thank you so much
Rhia
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rhia »

General
  • How is your Keep organized?
    I sort the creatures into tabs that I named after some places from fantasy series/movies/books that more or less fit/might fit the creatures. (e.g. The neverending story, The Chronicles of Narnia, Armans Secret)
  • Do you name some/all/none of your creatures? If so, what kind of naming conventions do you follow, if any?
    I try to give them all names. But there are just too many that it will take time.
    Partly I just take the names that come to my mind spontaneously. But I also use certain names for some creatures. For example, I name my potootos after potato varieties.
  • What kind of creatures do you collect? Do you have any preferences, or are you a completionist?
    Lineage creatures. ^_^ And Elk-, deer-, rat-, wolf-, dog-, cat-, fish-, whale-, bird-, horse-like creatures.
  • Do you do creature armies?
    White Elks. And Corazin, Cervinus Deer, Direcores, Silvan Narasad, Potootos, Latifra Beast, Decessus, Brown/Olive/Silver Amagnae...
  • Do you do quests?
    yes
  • Do you create/breed lineages, or avoid them?
    I love to create and breed lineages. Currently I have 85 lineages of my own and a few others that I have taken on. And many lineage creatures from other users. XD
"In-Character"
  • Weird question, but do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)?
    Not really.
  • Have you ever made up personalities for any of your creatures?
    Sometimes. But nothing detailed.
  • Do you have a keep guardian/mascot/favorite creature?
    Yes. "Mascot": my Mist Stalker Castiel, keep Guardians: 2 Lycanthropes, a Tasharn and a White Keep Rat.
    I have more than one favorite creature. ^^ e.g. the Tasharn, Keep Rat, and the Chain White Elks.
wishlist
my lineages

(Just post in the thread or pm me if you are interested in offsprings - for free.)

Keep cleaning-Sale

My all-time Giveaway

AuraDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by AuraDragoness »

How is your Keep organized?:
By creature type so AVians, Canines, Felines, etc.
Do you name some/all/none of your creatures? If so, what kind of naming conventions do you follow, if any?:
Some, mostly naming goes off of IRL pets, names I like, and characters from fandoms
What kind of creatures do you collect? Do you have any preferences, or are you a completionist?:
Birds mostly :3
I keep wanting too but get lazy
Do you do quests?:
Sometimes
Avoid, no reason really other than it doesn't appeal to me

"In-Character"
Weird question, but do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)?:
Sorta
Have you ever made up personalities for any of your creatures?:
No
Do you have a keep guardian/mascot/favorite creature?:
My two Kaerans <3
~Aura is with me~
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist | My Shop
Image<Keep Guardians>Image
PaleoMage
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by PaleoMage »

Fun thread! To first answer the question in the title - I primarily don't. :lol: However, I get nostalgic and come back every October or so.

• Very haphazardly. My main tab is a combination of unsorted stuff and some creatures that are/were of personal importance, then I have self-explanatory Pairs and Misc tabs, and then beyond that it's categorized by interest (ex. emerald/ruby wyvern army, extinct animals, holly jackalopes for some reason)
  • A few; I've always found there are too many to name. I'm also too picky, so even some very cool creatures that I like a lot have gone unnamed.
  • I like bats, dragons, dinosaurs, birds and Spooky Stuff. Historically I've also prioritized earth- and nature-related creatures. I am very much not a completionist lol
  • Casually? There's the aforementioned emerald-plus-ruby wyvern army, and some of my category tabs double as armies or contain very small ones (like the Belfry).
Do you do quests?
  • I kept up with them when I was active. You don't get a Spinosaurus (well, the other one) without a little elbow grease.
  • I start lineages every so often when a fun theme occurs to me (e.g. von Count ambula bats, osseo arachnids named after Mystery Skulls songs/albums). I used to be very ~creative~ with names and history for lineages, but the results were always kind of lame.
  • Similarly, I have members of other people's fun themed lineages, some of which I've named and bred and some of which sit there and make me mildly guilty when I look at them.
Do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)?
  • For a while I did. I made a very short-lived attempt at a Keep Story™, I took part in an MS-world roleplay thread somebody did years ago, aaand yeah. I/he was an earth mage, of course, because earth and nature/plantlife/whatever were affinities I gravitated toward at that age.
  • Maybe, but I don't remember.
  • The mascot-guardian role is filled by Shiranui the light raiju, despite him being a lightning dog instead of something more on-brand. And if I had to pick a favorite... it's probably a tie between my original emerald wyvern, Leafwing, and my sanus Runegleam, with an honorable mention for Wormwood the amarth alagos. He's right there in my signature, and amarth alagos will always be incredibly rad.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Sale Tab | Free Tab
Always buying Ambula bats at 300g each!
SouthernCryptid
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by SouthernCryptid »

General
  • Not very well, admittedly. I really need to try to reorganize it. Right now I've got a few creatures that I really like grouped together in animal-groups, but I think I may differentiate it a little more.
  • I name the ones I really like! I really need to go through and name some more. I don't always name them right away, and sometimes I forget.
  • Mostly creatures of the different types of animals that I like, or a doni that catches my eye. I'm definitely not a completionist.
    I do prefer to have a male and female pair if I can get them, but only if they have sprite differences.
  • I don't usually, but I sort of accidentallied myself two smallish armies, a Komainu Crystalwing one and a Blushing Charubi one.
Do you do quests?
  • Not really anymore, unless I like the creature and it is new. I have in the past though.
  • It depends. I like to create lineages if I get an idea, but I mostly avoid buying them from others.
"In-Character"
Weird question, but do you have a "magisona" or sorts, or some other kind of avatar you imagine yourself as in-game (like when doing quests or whatnot)?
  • Yes, I used to! I really need to revamp this character, and maybe someday get some art of him. I always dreamed of writing a 'keep story' back when those were popular, but I never got around to writing it.
  • Yes I have! Mostly for lineaged creatures, and my Amarth Alagos back when I was plotting a Keep Story.
  • Yes, my Amarth Alagos. :3
Tyrannogon
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Tyrannogon »

It's not the most creative, but it's mainly organized by where the creature came from. Such as Stream, Quest, Koi Pond, etc.

Not usually, I'm terrible at naming things. :lol:

My favourites are anything dinosaur or dragon related, but I try to get at least one of every non-donation creature if I can.

Kind of, not actively. But I collect dinosaur creatures like Tiexos Ixsu.

Do you do quests?
I do, I think I've done most of them.

No, I've never really thought about it.

Sort of, not in-depth, though. But whoever they are, they specialize in dinosaur-like creatures.

I don't believe so.

Most of my dinosaur creatures, especially my Tiexos Ixsus!
ImageImageImageImageImageThank you Lazuli for my avatar sprites!
provo7demons
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by provo7demons »

General
Honestly, I organize my groups by vibes alone! A few have vague themes; Acxiom is loosely based off of Rivendell, and several others are based loosely off of friends or fictional characters.

I love giving my creatures names! I don't really have any naming conventions, but if I'm planning to breed a pair together or start a lineage I try to give them corresponding names.

I definitely have a soft spot for birds and bats! Other than that, I just grab whatever happens to catch my eye.

Not yet, but I might start a Meep army soon...

Do you do quests?
I've been working on some!

I've really been enjoying creating lineages recently!

"In-Character"
I've never really thought about it.

Absolutely! I'm almost considering making a powerpoint or something just to write them down.

If I had to choose, I would pick Rainbow! She was my first creature and quite possibly my favorite one.
LTB bred creatures for 1k gold each! Details here! ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Community Discussion”