Gold Devaluation?

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Re: Gold Devaluation?

Post by DevilCrest »

WolfSpeaker wrote:I am pretty new here, and I don't gold mine or anything, and EVERYTHING is to expensive, exept for freebies of course. I mean, people are selling stream creatures for 500 gold! That may be affordable for me, having a few k, but if they are that much, then what are people pricing for shop born?
Other than in the shops section of the Merchant District, not many people sell shopborns. NellaFantasia has a shop that sells shopborns. And those who are out to sell shopborns usually (as far as I know) sell them at shop price or even less than that.

Roughly 5,000g can be attained by just clicking all the creatures posted in the DAN. OR, you can even pick a click thread of choice and start with the first page and go through the adult creatures if you want a little extra gold while waiting for more new people to enter the click threads after several rounds of posting your creatures and have nothing else to click.

Yes, Twitter is the 'culprit' in the decreased number of people in the click threads; not mines.

Would this stop the BAWWing of creatures not growing?

At this point, I'm seriously debating whether or not to start a image-free mine that only allows growing creatures - the only way I foresee this working is if I have a thread in the Daycare section for people to post codes and I literally put in the effort to re-do the mine every couple days. Mines are popular; and this would be one new venue to for people to click stuff. Yes, I have run this by Morgaln a couple days ago and it is not against the rules. I foresee this possibly 'fixing' the problem with creatures not growing in the click threads.

Heck, I can even run this by tinnidawg who operates her own image-free mine and has LOTS of people visit - it used to take Master Belmos AGES to get his creatures grown in the Nursery. Now, with tinni's mine, we have consistently seen all of Master Belmos's creatures grow up (1000+) in roughly 3 days; some overnight!

It would be ideal if I had a few people harvest codes from the thread if this plan were to go down.

And so, to those BAWWing about Mines = More Gold = Higher DP prices = Less creatures Clicked; I firmly believe my solution to opening a image free mine that only contains growing creatures to be the solution to the 'Less Creatures Clicked' part...the rest of the factors is out of anyone's control, individually; it'd have to be a site-wide, user willingness to change it all -- which is impossible - we all know it.

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
Morgaln
Wielder of the Banhammer
CreaturesTrade

Post by Morgaln »

WolfSpeaker wrote:I am pretty new here, and I don't gold mine or anything, and EVERYTHING is to expensive, exept for freebies of course. I mean, people are selling stream creatures for 500 gold! That may be affordable for me, having a few k, but if they are that much, then what are people pricing for shop born?
You are honestly complaining about stream creatures being too expensive? Here, go catch your own, they're free!
SB shop creatures cost between 1,250 and 8100 gold in the shops. They are easily affordable within three or four days even if you don't mine and don't have much time to be on the site. Just make a few posts and click in the click threads.

As I said before, nothing on this site costs lots of gold except for donation pets. Have you ever considered why people sell their donation pets? It's because they want to save gold in case an old donation pet is on sale and they want to be able to afford it. Otherwise, they would have no reason to sell any donation pets regularly, since after selling three or four five-shard pets once, they'll have enough gold to go for months.
In short:
No expensive pets -> no need to amass gold -> no need to sell donation pets -> no donation pets for people who can't donate.
This also means if people that can donate don't get what they consider worth their pets, they'll not lower prices, they'll stop donating.
What did the monk say to his food?
Spoiler
Out of the frying pan and into the friar
Knives: cutting-edge technology to this day.

This is Moe. Moe's a saurus.
shadowrose45
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by shadowrose45 »

What Morgaln said. Ditto
Morgaln wrote:
You are honestly complaining about stream creatures being too expensive? Here, go catch your own, they're free!
SB shop creatures cost between 1,250 and 8100 gold in the shops. They are easily affordable within three or four days even if you don't mine and don't have much time to be on the site. Just make a few posts and click in the click threads.

As I said before, nothing on this site costs lots of gold except for donation pets. Have you ever considered why people sell their donation pets? It's because they want to save gold in case an old donation pet is on sale and they want to be able to afford it. Otherwise, they would have no reason to sell any donation pets regularly, since after selling three or four five-shard pets once, they'll have enough gold to go for months.
In short:
No expensive pets -> no need to amass gold -> no need to sell donation pets -> no donation pets for people who can't donate.
This also means if people that can donate don't get what they consider worth their pets, they'll not lower prices, they'll stop donating.
16/25 Thanks

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kynali
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Kynali »

DevilCrest wrote:
Yes, Twitter is the 'culprit' in the decreased number of people in the click threads; not mines.

At this point, I'm seriously debating whether or not to start a image-free mine that only allows growing creatures - the only way I foresee this working is if I have a thread in the Daycare section for people to post codes and I literally put in the effort to re-do the mine every couple days. Mines are popular; and this would be one new venue to for people to click stuff. Yes, I have run this by Morgaln a couple days ago and it is not against the rules. I foresee this possibly 'fixing' the problem with creatures not growing in the click threads.

Heck, I can even run this by tinnidawg who operates her own image-free mine and has LOTS of people visit - it used to take Master Belmos AGES to get his creatures grown in the Nursery. Now, with tinni's mine, we have consistently seen all of Master Belmos's creatures grow up (1000+) in roughly 3 days; some overnight!

It would be ideal if I had a few people harvest codes from the thread if this plan were to go down.
I'd help. I collect codes just from my friends Keeps and make links for them on average i am creating 89-100 links for the click threads Every Week. I also go in and take out the adults once grown its something i find enjoyable because it helps my friends. I'd do it for free. No joke.
My Tumblr♥ I'm backkkkkkk~ Image
DevilCrest
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade
Location: Lounging in a tree at the Jungle of Raza surrounded by panthers.

Post by DevilCrest »

Kynali wrote:
DevilCrest wrote:

I'd help. I collect codes just from my friends Keeps and make links for them on average i am creating 89-100 links for the click threads Every Week. I also go in and take out the adults once grown its something i find enjoyable because it helps my friends. I'd do it for free. No joke.
The only difference is this would be an image free hatchery. Due to the sheer amount of work involved to run this successfully, I cannot do this alone nor will I be able to pay anyone - think of pay as whatever you can mine out of the work done. ;) (Btw, this is a general message to all those interested in this proposal Debbil is giving out.)

Feels like I'm screwing myself over with this idea, but what the heck...

I'll likely open a thread about this later for people to discuss this...and by 'thread', I mean a thread in the Daycare section to amass codes.

ImageImageImageImage
Spoiler
Personal SB Telvian Panther Army: 2,182
Image[/center]
Sssasha
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Sssasha »

DevilCrest wrote:
Kynali wrote:
DevilCrest wrote:

The only difference is this would be an image free hatchery. Due to the sheer amount of work involved to run this successfully, I cannot do this alone nor will I be able to pay anyone - think of pay as whatever you can mine out of the work done. ;) (Btw, this is a general message to all those interested in this proposal Debbil is giving out.)

Feels like I'm screwing myself over with this idea, but what the heck...

I'll likely open a thread about this later for people to discuss this...and by 'thread', I mean a thread in the Daycare section to amass codes.
I suppose something you could do (Not sure how this would work out exactly) but probably at the start of each week, start gathering codes and up until the end of the week, keep adding more. (People would have to make their own codes image free to make things easier) and then at the start of each week, dump all the codes except those for the last few days and then people would have to put their creatures into the "hatchery" again :) You could even use some sort of website to host all the codes - Much like Tinni's mine.

Not sure if this works, but it's worth a mention, right? ^^
~~~~~
Sssasha would like some hugs!
~~~~~
Event critter breeding
CellaFane
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by CellaFane »

Please excuse the longness (is that a word? o.O) of my post. I shall put it in a spoiler so if people don't want to read it, then that's fine. rofl. This is just my personal take on the gold situation:
Spoiler
Personally, I don't think the gold situation is a crisis at all. In any economy, prices for things fluxuate. That's just the way it is. Supply and demand, plus the value placed on the time and effort to obtain the supply.

As Morgaln said, stream creatures are free to everyone. All that's needed is to catch them and then either post in the click threads yourself or pay someone else like a daycare to do it. So really, when someone charges 500g for a stream pet, they're not really charging you 500g for the pet itself. What they're really charging for is the time and effort they spent catching and hatching and raising that pet. If you think that the time and effort to raise that particular pet is worth 500g, then go ahead and pay it! If you don't, then look for a cheaper pet somewhere else. I have seen people selling stream pets recently for 50g and 100g. Or better yet? Catch your own!

As for shop pets, I'm assuming people aren't talking about actual shopborn pets. The value of those pets that were bought from the shop should stay the same if they are unnamed. If they're named, then the value would go down a slight bit. I'm assuming people are talking about 1st gens from shop pets. If this is the case, then you really have to consider which pets are the parents. For example...if someone is selling a 1st gen Direwolf for 2k, then that is an overpriced pet because it only cost them 3k in the first place to buy both parents for that little guy. That would be an overpriced pet. However, if someone is selling a 1st gen Noctis Enox for 2k then that is a cheap price considering they had to spend over 15k just to get two shopborn parents for the little one they're selling. Then you have to take into account the time and effort again to hatch that pet and raise it because they still need to be hatched and raised just like stream pets. It's all relative.

There is also one other factor that has been affecting the price of the stream pets and the 1st gen shop pets as far as I can see. That is the addition of the ability to create lineages. As far as I have seen, having a creature that is part of a lineage actually makes the value of that pet go down. Because not everyone wants a lineaged pet. So with so many people making little lineaged babies and selling them, and not as many people working on catching/breeding nonlineaged pets (because they're working on lineages instead), then the supply for the nonlineaged pets goes down while the demand for them goes up (because people need unlineaged mates for their lineaged pets). Therefore, if the supply goes down and the demand goes up, then people find they can charge more for unlineaged pets and people will pay it because they can't find the pets anywhere else, unless they want to go catch or breed their own, of course.

And as for quest creatures, I think the prices for them have stayed relatively the same. There is always a huge price jump for new QB creatures where the prices for them can go up to 300k (which I think is absolutely insane). But in a month or two (or perhaps not even that long), prices for those new QBs will go down and settle somewhere around 50k each. At least the Hellhounds did. And the Imps seem to be going that way too. So all that's needed there is a little patience. I do think 10k for a 1st gen quest pet that has been out for a few months is pretty high. But I don't think 5k is unreasonable. In fact, I charge 4k to 5k for a 1st gen Hellhound when my Hellhounds cooperate for me. lol. Why? Because I took the time to get a quest pet from the quest itself and then I spent another 50k of my own gold to get a mate for that pet. So I think 5k for a 1st gen is pretty reasonable.

Therefore, I don't think gold has really been devalued as relates to the stream creatures and shop creatures and quest creatures. I think the only area where the prices have really gone up is with the donation pets and that's a whole different ball game there. Too much to go into at the moment and it has been overly discussed in other threads. lol.
Just my two cents worth. Uh...well....okay maybe it was a bit more than two cents. lol. :lol:
Image-Free Mine in my Profile.

Return to “Community Discussion”