Help!! Firefox has gone nuts!!

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
rachii
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Help!! Firefox has gone nuts!!

Post by rachii »

D:

Yes, this does have to do with magistream as im using mozilla firefox to goldmine, and i was gold mining when this happened.

I accidently opened up goodness knows how many links instead of 200, and it crashed. I restarted the computer, as i didnt know what else to do. I re-opened Firefox, and it tried to re-open all the tabs and crashed so i cant do anything with it at all. So then i shut the computer down, restarted, uninstalled and reinstalled and its still crashing.
Please help!! I really dont know what to do at all, btw i did try swearing at it aswell. Didnt work. :t-bipolar:
Image[: x-C.L.I.C.K U.S-x :] GPX+ ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Re: Help!! Firefox has gone nuts!!

Post by BluMajica »

ok, when it crashes - do you get the "start with blank or restart session?" at all?

one sec and I will see what else you can do...

um, can try safe mode?
https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Sa ... +mode&as=s

that link tells you how to do it, may be able to stop all the tabs opening somehow with that? not sure, I can usually get it to close all other tabs when I open it (right click close other tabs as they are loading is slow but works) - as Ive had that problem myself lol

good luck - sorry cant help more :headdesk:
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
rachii
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by rachii »

Thanks so much for the help!

No it doesnt say that when it starts.
I am going to try it in safe mode, and try a few of those things and see if it will work for when i restart it. I have an update for it too, so i will install that, maybe it will help. :]
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

let me know how you go i will have another look for more solutions if nothing works
Beetle by Cassowary

“You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.” ― Harlan Ellison

I was Mordeth - I am now not. I'm gone again - find me on VOU if it's urgent under Mordeth
Raneth
Hello World
CreaturesTrade

Post by Raneth »

This happened to me once.

It should give you an option when it starts after it's crashed-restore previous session, or start new session. You want to start new-if you restore the previous, it will try to reopen all the links and just crash the browser again.

If it doesn't give you that option, then try clearing your browsing history.
ImageImageImage

Pretty ponies...
Fyn
CreaturesTrade

Post by Fyn »

Raneth wrote:This happened to me once.

It should give you an option when it starts after it's crashed-restore previous session, or start new session. You want to start new-if you restore the previous, it will try to reopen all the links and just crash the browser again.

If it doesn't give you that option, then try clearing your browsing history.
For some reason, it bugs and won't do that until you do it twice or three times with the multi tabs. I once accidentally clicked every link on one of the goldmining pages. XD SnapLinks bugged out.

Open it in safe mode. Start Menu - All Programs - Mozilla Firefox - Start in Safe Mode.

Don't check any of the boxes, just press continue in safe mode. You'll enter the "Restore Previous Session?" Screen. Press Start New Session.

Go to Tools - Clear Recent History... - And delete at the minimum, your Cache.
Pets to Raise --> ~None Currently~ <-- esiaR ot steP
~Image Free Mine in "About Me" Section of Profile~

rachii
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by rachii »

Ok thanks everyone. I just updated it and cleared the browsing history, and it seems to be working alright for now. :yey:
BluMajica
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BluMajica »

rachii wrote:Ok thanks everyone. I just updated it and cleared the browsing history, and it seems to be working alright for now. :yey:

YAY :woo:
Beetle by Cassowary

pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Since your problem has been answered, I'll lock the thread.
| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!

Return to “Community Discussion”