How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
VilaWolf
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Location: Library of Daninsky's Castle. 50% of my posts are sarcastic.

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by VilaWolf »

AssassinsCreed wrote: April 20th, 2024, 5:53:16 pm ....*sigh*

Remember people, if you get bit by a cat, it's not a small deal because it's a smaller animal. In fact, it can be a much bigger deal because cat teeth are like tiny little needles that get buried in your hand, very very deep...

My mom is learning this harsh lesson right now.I told her to go to the doctor and get that hand checked out (it was swollen the day she got bit, and the swelling didn't go down the next day...or the day after. The swelling got worse and got red spots around the wound) but she laughed it off and told me I'm overdramatic and creating circus over nothing :facepalm: . Three days later, the swelling is MUCH worse and here comes the fever that she of course blames on the cold. Well yea she has a cold...but that was also my main point. Since she was already sick it was impossible to say if the fever was caused by the cold or the scratch. Since the swelling didn't go down and got worse, it was a pretty obvious sign of things getting worse, not better.

Dragged her to the doc almost by force today(seriously we have free healthcare here. You only pay a small fee when you visit and that's it!), and surprise surprise the hand is infected! Oh geesh what was the first clue here... :headdesk:

I hope she learned her lesson but I doubt it. :t--.-:
Oh hell. I remember Bite Watch. Yeah, never, ever, take this sort of thing lightly. Even if you know the animal. Preventative care is 1000x times better than if the worst happens.

In other news... so the new Deadpool trailer broke the internet....

Dark Guild Will Trade For Water / Herb Guild Pets.
Egglocked? PM your codes, I'll Help. Free.
When Pigs Fly, Carry an Umbrella.
My Wish List
Last year all the Decessus were named after Haunted Chateaus. This year; Lost Media.
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

I got a couple new kitties - a brother-sister pair, about a year old. Well, they were investigating all the exciting new nooks and crannies of their current living corners, and unfortunately the watering can has an eminently cat-sized opening at the top. It's unfortunate, because I'd left the thing half-full after the last time I'd watered the outside plants xD

Now I'm having to dry the floor off and the cats are convinced I did that on purpose

edit: cat tax
Spoiler

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Karzarill
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by Karzarill »

AssassinsCreed wrote: April 20th, 2024, 5:53:16 pm ....*sigh*

Remember people, if you get bit by a cat, it's not a small deal because it's a smaller animal. In fact, it can be a much bigger deal because cat teeth are like tiny little needles that get buried in your hand, very very deep...

My mom is learning this harsh lesson right now.I told her to go to the doctor and get that hand checked out (it was swollen the day she got bit, and the swelling didn't go down the next day...or the day after. The swelling got worse and got red spots around the wound) but she laughed it off and told me I'm overdramatic and creating circus over nothing :facepalm: . Three days later, the swelling is MUCH worse and here comes the fever that she of course blames on the cold. Well yea she has a cold...but that was also my main point. Since she was already sick it was impossible to say if the fever was caused by the cold or the scratch. Since the swelling didn't go down and got worse, it was a pretty obvious sign of things getting worse, not better.

Dragged her to the doc almost by force today(seriously we have free healthcare here. You only pay a small fee when you visit and that's it!), and surprise surprise the hand is infected! Oh geesh what was the first clue here... :headdesk:

I hope she learned her lesson but I doubt it. :t--.-:
You did the right thing, cat bites are no joke. As someone who's worked with cats for 15 years whenever someone would get bitten and it drew blood we would make a big deal out of it because it can be dangerous.
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Merkwerkee wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 1:01:23 pm I got a couple new kitties - a brother-sister pair, about a year old. Well, they were investigating all the exciting new nooks and crannies of their current living corners, and unfortunately the watering can has an eminently cat-sized opening at the top. It's unfortunate, because I'd left the thing half-full after the last time I'd watered the outside plants xD

Now I'm having to dry the floor off and the cats are convinced I did that on purpose

Spoiler
Looks like orange cat is definitely being orange.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Airasyraye wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 3:29:05 pm
Merkwerkee wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 1:01:23 pm I got a couple new kitties - a brother-sister pair, about a year old. Well, they were investigating all the exciting new nooks and crannies of their current living corners, and unfortunately the watering can has an eminently cat-sized opening at the top. It's unfortunate, because I'd left the thing half-full after the last time I'd watered the outside plants xD

Spoiler
Looks like orange cat is definitely being orange.
Orange cats have no brain cells yet somehow they're fighting for first place and we all know it.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Had a fantastic holiday in Singapoire. Came back home on 20th, but was down with a cold and cough because I got wet when visiting universal studios and the bird paradise. Did so much shopping also. Planning to go to Bangkok next (not right now, but in the near future). So good to be back :bounce: :bounce:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

My hands are NOT used to typing in Dutch, I keep slipping up in stupid ways trying to translate one of my character descriptions so I can show it to people IRL...
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Spoiler
cat tax image broke, at least for me - any chance you could post more? :t-puppyeyes:
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

Kestrad wrote: April 25th, 2024, 5:48:29 pm

Spoiler
cat tax image broke, at least for me - any chance you could post more? :t-puppyeyes:
Spoiler
Penne and Oskar! Though I keep calling Oskar Milo, so he might end up named that instead :lol:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Just submitted my leave request for May 10th :wee:

I'm going to dive in so deep for Magistream's 15th Anniversary - I'm beyond excited for it.
bebbies:

Sell me Rewins / Crystalwings[PAUSED] :yarly: Buy from Winter 2011 & 2012
Check out the Gemcrafter Lineage :angel: Wishlist

Return to “Community Discussion”