How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
fawnfur13
Member of The Dark Brotherhood An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by fawnfur13 »

Raneth wrote: March 27th, 2024, 10:21:46 am Here's a fun brainstorm idea: Which MS creatures would you think would look best featured in ads for the site? I'm gonna make some facebook/instagram ads to hopefully recruit new players. :bounce: I don't have great design skills but I think making little banner ads will be fun regardless.
I might be a bit biased, since I think they were some of the first creatures I saw and are what drew me to the site, but my mind went to the good 'ol koi or puvia :lol:
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

Revan wrote: March 28th, 2024, 5:01:20 pm
Raneth wrote: March 27th, 2024, 10:21:46 am Here's a fun brainstorm idea: Which MS creatures would you think would look best featured in ads for the site? I'm gonna make some facebook/instagram ads to hopefully recruit new players. :bounce: I don't have great design skills but I think making little banner ads will be fun regardless.
Crystalwings, since they seem to be essentially the site mascot as they are what is released to celebrate every Magiversary.
Agree with the Crystalwings! They are Magistream to me and I really love how many different designs keep coming each year.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

The downside of collecting hatchlings is that when creatures are able to breed, you don't have any adults to do so and you don't want to grow your hatchlings, even though you want to breed them D:
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Happy Easter
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Katnilb
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katnilb »

Dishwasher and washing machine broke down at the same time.

Dishwasher's going because I'm not fixing a device that's leaking that much and mainly leaking due to age.

Washing machine may yet survive or be recycled.

Both by Zanussi who no longer get much business from my family for some reason.... Not the first washing machine from them to go wrong.

The kitchen drain now partially empties into a bucket because the drain is shared with the dishwasher and leaks when the dishwasher drain is disconnected. Said dishwasher drain hose was not in one piece when the problem was noticed. The floor is thankfully concrete.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Knowing that I'm one of the only people I know that plays Emerald Tale is ruining my mood right now. It's a fun game and the assets are very easy to edit (Seriously, the images are simply pngs that you can edit in the files), there's a level editor that is easy to turn on, so I'd love to make a mod for it that adds a bunch of new stuff and changes images... but knowing that the only person that would play it other than me is my mom is just *cries softly*
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Yesterday was the one year anniversary of Sora's death, and today would have been his eleventh birthday.

Nothing has felt right since he's been gone. Radar helps, and he's everything to me. He's my reason to keep going and keep going this crap day in and day out, and I'd be lost without him. But everything has felt off-kilter since Sora died, and nothing is the same. It's like I've got phantom limb syndrome, except it's for my dog, and I swear I'm going to walk into the house one day and hear him thundering toward me.

Except I won't, ever again :t-sarcasm:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
midnightem
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by midnightem »

Mr. Bubbles!
Spoiler
Selling 30 shards for 45,000 gold each
TheTreeTurtle
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by TheTreeTurtle »

I just spent the last hour digging through my trade history to figure out where some of my creatures from long ago came from and it was like taking a stroll down memory lane. Wanted to share some fun observations from 2010-2013.

- Gold was slung around in wildly high amounts. (Sold a Light Basilisk at some point for 1.5mil in creatures and 3.5mil gold, clusters of donis at the time going for 300k, EB creatures going for 250k)
- Before we had trade messages, we named frozen eggs to send a message in the trade.
- Many creatures I wouldn't let myself name now have names and homes (some with people who are still active! <3 )
- So many names of people who were well known names in the community (many no longer many, many still active!)

It was a fun little excursion - I love being able to see the entire trade history. If we could do the same for Private Messages, I'd probably cry from embarrassment though. I'm definitely not the same person I was 12 years ago (thank goodness haha).
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Work + class + trying to fit in some exercise into my routine so I'm not a blob all day + body deciding that actually sleeping isn't something it's interested in doing properly = fuck, I'm so tired

EXCEPT when I lie down and try to nap/sleep

thanks, me
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon

Return to “Community Discussion”