Magistream Roleplay

Let your imagination get the best of you!

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream Roleplay

Post by faedemon »

A wasting curse. Alan shivers at the thought. What an insidious sort of magic—how many magi, he wonders, fell prey to the curse before they found the nonmagical solution?

He eyes Aisli's working hands warily before turning to Urse again.

"So... does this mean they're still out there? Or is this just a remnant of their experiments?" he asks, rubbing one arm, unease filling his stomach.

@EstherGamer @audrei9
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

@EstherGamer @faedemon

"We don't know." Aisli answered solemly.

There was a silence as the occupants watched her work on her grim patient.

"But fear not, for times have changed since then, and we are better acquainted with magic. If they return, we will be able to fight them off and bring them the justice they have evaded for so long. We will be calling in more experienced magi to investigate and see how bad it truly is, but in the meantime, I suggest you students prepare for going back to class. There's not much you can do, so don't worry too much about it."
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

@audrei9

Hopefully that's true, Alan thinks to himself. Magi have definitely advanced in these last few decades... but, if that's true, surely the dark mages will have changed their tactics as well. Only time will tell, he supposes.

"We'll try not to worry. How long will it be before you finish up with Laus' egg?" he asks Aisli, accepting the subject change. Turning to Laus and Eivee, he says: "If it'll be a while, we can kill time by wandering around the Keep. I can show you both around—you haven't been here too long, right?"
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

@faedemon

Aisli was already scribbling down something in a notebook with pre-printed pages as Alan asked his question. She tore out the page and handed it to Laus.

"There, that's a certificate to explain to the teachers why your egg is missing. It'll be a few days before you'll get it back, but rest assured, your little bear cub is in good hands!"

Laus gingerly took the paper from her, examined it, then folded it and pocketed it. "Thank you, Aisli."

"Think nothing of it, it's our job to take care of your creatures!"

With little more to discuss, Laus turned back to Alan and Eivee, pondering Alan's suggestion.

"Well... I've been here for a bit. I came here-" he stuttered a bit, his anxiety adding far more to the humiliation of his statement than was necessary, "-two weeks ago. I was... mostly unpacking. I didn't explore much."
And I didn't know what to do if I ran into other human students, he thought to himself as he shifted his gaze to the floor. Remembering his earlier ease with communicating with Alan, he forced himself to look up and find reasons against the irrationality of his fear. Alan wouldn't be upset he wasn't familiar with the place, right? He was a student, not a teacher. And there was no grade based on how well you knew the school.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Roleplay Stage”