Magistream roleplay OOC

A forum for OOC threads

Moderator: Roleplay Stage Moderators

Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Magistream roleplay OOC

Post by audrei9 »

It's not finished, and it kind of contains spoilers btw.
Spoiler
Naga were once the people of a powerful empire run by a brutal, fascist monarchy. The empire pillaged and plundered and committed many grievious crimes, but after losing a series of wars and weakened by internal conflict, they were pushed back into the darker lands. There, the monarchists made a pact with otherworldly powers to bring the entirety of their people under their control, turning them into a hive mind obedient only to them.
Understandably, this act made much of their kingdom turn against them for real. People tried escaping everywhere, so the monarchists magically trapped as many people as they could in their kingdom before they began brute forcing people to undergo the transformation. What followed was a series of bloody civil wars and the incompletely transformed people rebelling against those who created them, finding ways to escape the kingdom regardless, and desperately studying magic to retain their free will.

Naga live close to dangerous, unknown, chaotically infused lands because they rely on hunting various dangerous creatures to create medication that staves off their ancestral curse. Many of them get injured or killed in this process, which is why many naga study magic to try and lessen their reliance on hunting eldritch abominations, or making their combat more effective to make the hunting safer. They frequently employ manticores to scout and spot for them, because of their evasiveness.

Just as some magi are born more powerful than others, some naga are born without the need to rely on medication to avoid their curse. Laus is one of those, but he doesn't know it. He was somewhat of a government experiment by older naga, to raise a child who was not that different to humans, and was raised without knowledge of his people's past. This was in an effort to make sure that from the little contact humans had with naga, they would never guess that the naga were victims to such a disease.

Laus has unexplainable urges to hurt and kill, but they don't affect him physically like they do with other naga. He's been told that they're just anxiety induced intrustive thoughts and to ignore them. He doesn't like talking about them for obvious reasons.

If a naga falls to their curse, they lose all free will and turn into a thrall of the mysterious monarchy. Usually they will attack and kill as many living things as they can unless instructed to do otherwise by the monarchy. The monarchy can also use them as a conduit to their terrible magics, and force them to open portals to their realm to send forth armies to wreak even more havoc. Nagas do not speak of their history, because they worry that agents of their monarchy might find them and capture them again.
BTW the child of a human and a naga is always a naga

I haven't thought in too much detail about the nature of the monarchy, but
Spoiler
They're kind of social darwinists. That's an actual term btw, look it up. They claim to be following the rules of nature and that they're 'scientific' or something, but it's all part of their propoganda to remain in power. They pick and select what biology and science they'll use in their philosophies, and it heavily affects their education systems. As a result, there's a stigma against scholars amongst people who used to be part of their rule, because they believe scholars only learn science to be assholes to everyone.

The monarchy claims to love nature and to be helping evolution flow its course, but they all really just introduce a bunch of invasive species into various areas to demonstrate their 'power' as another form of propoganda. They're like evil druids who don't really care about nature, and care more about their own image.
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by audrei9 »

Nagas really like manticores because manticores are immune to many of the poisons and magic wielded by the creatures they traditionally hunt btw.

It just occurred to me that there's a tradition that if you offer the naga tribes a manticore egg, they'll join you as an ally. I find this a silly rule, so I'll add a bit to this.
They need to do a magical ritual to verify that you mean well and will look after their exchange student, and not break certain customs or try to delve too deep into their history without their permission, and also
Spoiler
make sure you aren't allied with the tyrannical monarchy.
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

sorry for my long silence i swear i will respond in the rp thread soon!!
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

It's perfectly fine! We all have our days!

Also I'm going to ping @EstherGamer because their profile said to ping them if they were to respond in rps ^^
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

audrei9 wrote: March 2nd, 2024, 5:33:03 am It's perfectly fine! We all have our days!

Also I'm going to ping @EstherGamer because their profile said to ping them if they were to respond in rps ^^
Life's been really messy lately (and don't get me started on my mind, oh god it's a mess in here), I'll try to respond next week
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

It's okay! Do whatever you're most comfortable with!
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

FYI, a bit of lore for you guys again!

In this roleplay, it's still not known if potions are able to increase the level of power a kalistravi has, since potions tend to be made of creature body parts and borrowed magic to begin with, and it isn't clear if the kalistravi's increases in power are from the ingredients or the potion itself. However, it's widely accepted to feed kalistravis non-living parts of their normal prey, such as milk, unfertilized eggs, shed skin, and hair or feather clippings.

Feeding a creature to another creature is very much met with scorn within the magi community, as around all magical species are proven to be more intelligent than their non magical counterparts, hence why they must be protected and cherished. So is causing death to one. Unfortunately, many dark magi don't take this into consideration at all, and create horrifyingly powerful kalistravis fed from the corpses of many, many powerful creatures.

Cestodas and kaeran go hand in hand when being raised. Cestodas need a host organism to be fully healthy, and kaeran have the ability to turn to water, so when the cestoda is mature enough to leave its host, it causes no damage to the kaeran whatsoever.
Another option is the dulcine amagnae, as these birds can heal from just about any damage that cestodas give them, and being host to a cestoda allows them to regenerate their feathers faster. However, as dulcine amagnae can feel pain, this practice is considered by many magi to be unnecessarily cruel.
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Just posting this to say that because of my life being a total mess I'll just be spectating for the time being, just pretend Eivee is listening to conversations and is just in the background
Hopefully once I get my schedule back together I'll be able to reply here again
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
audrei9
CreaturesTrade

Post by audrei9 »

@EstherGamer Okay! Take your time and thank you for letting me know! I'll make sure to include her even if she isn't speaking or actively making decisions!

Return to “Backstage”