OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
stealthxstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: OFFICIAL: New Suggestions Thread

Post by stealthxstar »

Rosehill wrote: March 18th, 2024, 4:50:57 am
stealthxstar wrote: March 18th, 2024, 2:19:07 am Apologies if this has been suggested and shot down, but is there any chance of getting a magistream dark mode? (or is this already available somewhere and I am blind? heh.. blinded by the brightness of my screen... i'll show myself out)
This has been requested, and it is a valid request, so will most likely happen at some point. However, there's quite a lof of stuff in the backburner including still quite a lot of features that are not working since the big maintenance last summer, so fixing those is of a higher priority at the moment.

Meanwhile people have been using stylus add-on on their browser to make MS colors darker: https://magistream.com/viewtopic.php?p= ... #p23624086 ^_^
Oh that is totally understandable! I'm glad to hear it's on the list for eventually :roll: Thank you for the stylus tip, I'll check it out!
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

So, the front page hasn't been updated in almost 4 years, and there's a lot of pages to sort through, so sorry if it's been asked already, but:

Can rotating sprites use moon and sun shards, all of them? I'd really like to be able to freeze all rotating sprites so that I "have" one of each color/morph in my Keep. Instead of 4 Aurean Globefish showing the desert scene or 4 showing the night scene, or whatever, I'd like one of each. Same with all other rotators.

Please and thank you.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Airasyraye wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:42:40 pm So, the front page hasn't been updated in almost 4 years, and there's a lot of pages to sort through, so sorry if it's been asked already, but:

Can rotating sprites use moon and sun shards, all of them? I'd really like to be able to freeze all rotating sprites so that I "have" one of each color/morph in my Keep. Instead of 4 Aurean Globefish showing the desert scene or 4 showing the night scene, or whatever, I'd like one of each. Same with all other rotators.

Please and thank you.

A SPOILER ahead:
Spoiler
This is actually one of the things that is included in April's iteration of MS 15 years shenanigans. :lol:
Airasyraye
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

Rosehill wrote: March 21st, 2024, 2:02:56 am
Airasyraye wrote: March 20th, 2024, 11:42:40 pm So, the front page hasn't been updated in almost 4 years, and there's a lot of pages to sort through, so sorry if it's been asked already, but:

Please and thank you.

A SPOILER ahead:
Spoiler
This is actually one of the things that is included in April's iteration of MS 15 years shenanigans. :lol:
Sweeeet. Assuming not a trick and only temporary! D: Either way, TY.
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
BlackSwan959798
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by BlackSwan959798 »

This isn't a very big suggestion. But I thought it would be useful for organizing your creatures. I know theres more important things to do first.. Being able to color each tab where your creatures are. If this is already a thing ,then I have no idea how to do it.
NKfloofiepoof
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by NKfloofiepoof »

Now that adults don't give gold anymore, I wanted to suggest a button to quick-show all unfrozen hatchlings in your keep, if that might be at all possible ^_^ For those of us with big keeps, that would make it easier to find the little guys who still need to grow without having to separate them into a hatchling-only tab and then organize them later.
Buying unwanted SB elephant snails for shop price
Buying Bread Creatures for 2k each

Image-Free Magi Nursery
Cheystar
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Cheystar »

So now it's even harder to earn gold, and the prices on all the creatures in the shops have remained high. I never gold mined much, but I did mine my own keep at times. This game's currency was based off of gold mining, so I guess shop creatures are off my plate.
Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

Cheystar wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:22:27 am So now it's even harder to earn gold, and the prices on all the creatures in the shops have remained high. I never gold mined much, but I did mine my own keep at times. This game's currency was based off of gold mining, so I guess shop creatures are off my plate.
Posting in the forums earns you more gold now than previously. I believe more ways to earn gold is also being implemented.
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Thank you for clicking my creatures! <3
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade
It’s my birthday

Post by Rosehill »

Cheystar wrote: April 24th, 2024, 9:22:27 am So now it's even harder to earn gold, and the prices on all the creatures in the shops have remained high. I never gold mined much, but I did mine my own keep at times. This game's currency was based off of gold mining, so I guess shop creatures are off my plate.
As goldmining has been prohibited since last September, adults no longer giving gold shouldn't make that much of a difference.

Different new gold mechanics have been extensively brainstormed and discussed, and opinions, comments, and new ideas have been gathered in this thread: viewtopic.php?t=233947 where it was also stated, that gold from adults will be removed in any case. Removing gold from adults, reducing rename cost, and increasing gold from posting are the first wave of gold mechanics adjustments, and more will be coming eventually.
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

Adjustments to the entire economy of the site are going to require extensive changes and lots and lots of coding. I'm sure we all appreciate the site being open during these changes, even if it becomes uncomfortable during some phases of the change. I just got dentures. The immediate ones don't fit at all, slide around when you try to speak, and I didn't eat solid food (just protein shakes) for 15 days while I waited on the first reline (which was done yesterday). Yesterday I ate soup and pudding and almost cried I was so happy. It will be another 4 months before I get my permanent ones, during which time I need to have two more relines, learn to bite and chew and talk all over again, but it will be worth it in the end. I'm sure the site changes will be worth it in the end, as well. We just have to hang in there, be willing to change our habits and put up with a bit of discomfort here and there while we get there.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.

Return to “Support and Suggestions”