How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by BBkat »

BBkat wrote: March 7th, 2024, 5:52:43 pm Whhhhhyyyyy are shipping fees so much? D:
I need *two* more colours of embroidery floss, but the fract store is totally out of those colours in store. Nor problem, I figure I'll just buy online from the store.

The shipping is 12$.

For two small skeins.

what the FUCK

I can think of NO reason that two small skeins, they would could fit in a regular old envelope, that are feather light, would cost 12 fucking dollars to ship to me. And no this isn't like, express shipping (that's like, 18$). this is normal shipping.

Gonna have to go in and ask in person if they know when they might get more thread in stock in store b/c jfc that's insane.

Option two is just to buy online from store two for sliiightly more, but cheaper shipping and I can by the fabric I need as well from there.
:evil:
So I found one of the threads I needed IN STORE and the guy I asked said the other I need is on order so to come back like, around next Saturday. Which is fine b/c I need to wait for the fabric to arrive so.
Hopefully by then the beads and sparkly thread will have arrived by then
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

BBkat wrote: March 7th, 2024, 5:52:43 pm Whhhhhyyyyy are shipping fees so much? D:
I need *two* more colours of embroidery floss, but the fract store is totally out of those colours in store. Nor problem, I figure I'll just buy online from the store.

The shipping is 12$.

For two small skeins.

what the FUCK

I can think of NO reason that two small skeins, they would could fit in a regular old envelope, that are feather light, would cost 12 fucking dollars to ship to me. And no this isn't like, express shipping (that's like, 18$). this is normal shipping.

Gonna have to go in and ask in person if they know when they might get more thread in stock in store b/c jfc that's insane.

Option two is just to buy online from store two for sliiightly more, but cheaper shipping and I can by the fabric I need as well from there.
I feel you. I spent 30+ euros on a single Terraria pin because of the shipping being so much.
It was worth it though.

But seeing low or no shipping costs is always so nice...
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
NyxNoire
Site Moderator
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by NyxNoire »

Sleep has been crappy lately but last night took the cake, pie, and cookie too. No sleep whatsoever. I am loopy AF :t-woo:
<3 Thank you so much for my pressies! <3
ImageImageImage
ImageImage ImageImageImage Image
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

:evil: The beads arrived! Slowly I am collecting everything I need.

edit: aaaaand I just got an email saying the fabric I ordered is on backorder. FUCK. D: Whyyyy would you list it as in stock on your website if it's out of stock and on backorder???
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

NyxNoire wrote: March 8th, 2024, 9:33:48 am Sleep has been crappy lately but last night took the cake, pie, and cookie too. No sleep whatsoever. I am loopy AF :t-woo:
I have those days all the time. For me, it's because I have terrible, terrible habits. :derp:

@Enchanteddil

Aw, don't feel so bad. You tried to help, that's more than a lot of people do. Good luck on your journey learning Tamil. I've tried my hand at Spanish, German, and Japanese, and I just don't have the patience for the repetition it requires. A few years in each and I can only parse some sentences in Spanish, a few words here and there in Japanese (minus being able to introduce myself), and next to nothing in German that isn't well-known foodstuffs and greetings.

And my mother's family is historically German. :t-corner:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

Yesterday morning I cut my finger while making a sandwich. Took off the bandage just now and it's healing alright, but some part of me feels like it's gonna leave a scar. It definitely could have been far worse, I wasn't using a super sharp knife, but it also acts as a reminder that yes, I do in fact have a reason for being very afraid of anything sharp or hot.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

Kinda debating just, buying the fabric from another site, both Walmart and Amazon seem to have it online as well, since I don't know when the stuff on back order is gonna come in. I wanna use black for another piece aat a later date so, I can always just use the back ordered fabric for that
Airasyraye
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by Airasyraye »

So, I decided to make myself a burger royale and waffle fries for dinner. Totally forgot to put the fries in the oven before I started on my burger.

Just like a few days ago I cracked my eggs into the pan before greasing it.

If you ever wanted to know what type of cook I am. D:
<3 Feel free to look at my Holiday Extras and Others tabs to pick out gifts if you want them! <3 :t-swoon: Want lowest-gen pygmy gemdragons and pgymy crystalwings, psittrax dragons, alt colors :t-swoon:
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

@Airasyraye, Thanks <3 Since I can already read, write and speak a little bit, I'm sure learning Tamil will not be too difficult. Also, we have very nice Tamil neighbours. I can ask one of them if they can recommend a Tamil teacher for me in case I find it complicated at some point <3

___

Hubby is going to China for 2 days tomorrow. Last time, he got a huge box of mochi , but he gave it away to someone else there because he had too many stuff to carry back home. I hope he doesn't do that this time :rawr:
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

Welcome back, MS! :t-glomp:

I've found a way to angle my right-side monitor so that if someone is standing in the doorway to my room, the hallway, or the bathroom, they can't see what's on it. I can keep the nsfw on that monitor >D

And speaking of computers, my PC has been running smoothly for a month or so now. It really was the RAM being bad - I built a PC and it was perfectly fine, the RAM was just faulty right from the start. :wee: Now I've got a beast of a PC that runs anything I throw at it... and I'm using it mostly for Melvor Idle and Cookie clicker :lol:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!

Return to “Community Discussion”