Share any written short stories, novels, or poetry

Moderator: Tea House Moderators

castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Kestrad's Raffle Entry: Costume Sewing

Post by castlevania »

It was a lovely autumn day outside- the trees were wreathed in rich red, and the sky itself was a rosy color, fading into hues of dark lilac as the sun started its descent into evening.

Two magi stood beside a fully grown Scarecrow Gryphon underneath the shade of a maple tree. Its boughs were heavily laden with leaves that would occasionally spiral downwards; but the Gryphon would flick them aside with a wing or a tail, too preoccupied with the sewing project it held in its foreclaws to pay much mind.

The first of the magi, clearly the Gryphon’s companion, knelt beside the creature as it furiously worked a needle through layers of thick, soft fabric. It growled, dissatisfied, and quickly clipped through a seam with a claw before reworking the needle through the thick fabric again. She took out a spool of cream colored thread from her pocket, offering it to the gryphon.

“Would this help?” she asked it.

It sniffed the spool for a moment before snatching it up with its long, prehensile tail. It then made a rolling motion with the tailtip to loosen, then unwind, a single strand; and when it had unwound a thread to a sufficient length it brought the spool to it’s face, and snipped it off nearly with its beak. The thread fell onto it’s project, and it’s tucked it into a hay-stuffed to save for later.

The second magi peered down at it, curious. “This isn’t the usual outfit Scarecrow Gryphons sew for themselves,” they commented, “What exactly is yours working on?”

“It’s a Halloween costume,” said the first. She puffed her chest out in pride, proud of showing off her companion’s skill. “This one is drafting a costume of a Plushie Bear! Except-” The gryphon suddenly shrieked in irritation, and tossed it’s carelessly aside before bounding off into the fields. It clearly needed some time for itself.

She scratched her head, brows furrowed in concern, and she let out a long sigh. “It’s having some trouble trying to make a successful draft without a ‘live’ reference to work with. There’s a lot of pre-existing sewing patterns of stuffed bears, my Gryphon is extremely particular about developing it’s own creative interpretation of the design. You wouldn’t happen to know of any Plushie Bears living in the Keep, would you…? They don’t seem too keen on letting my Gryphon near them, for some reason.”

The second magi crossed their arms, and tilted their head. “I’ll try my best,” they said. “Maybe I can even bring a few other stuffed friends to help out…”

---

(Currently end of story. I ran out of energy, but may continue in a second part!)
ImageImage

🕸️ 𝖒𝖞 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://lucard.neocities.org/
🕸️𝖘𝖎𝖌𝖓𝖆𝖙𝖚𝖗𝖊 𝖆𝖗𝖙: https://sugarjolt.neocities.org/

Return to “Tea House”