Subject: About the benefits of parentless hybrids sold in the black market

Put your entry for any competition here.
leica
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Subject: About the benefits of parentless hybrids sold in the black market

Post by leica »

About the benefits of parentless hybrids sold in the black market.

Before we go into research>
Prior to the story, how did I get to know the black market?
I was running a small shop in Synara City and one day I heard an interesting rumor.
Rumors have it that there are creatures you've never seen before, even in Synara City, a city of legal egg shops where you can buy rare creatures.
No one can know the truth, but people are starting to come out describing specific looks.
One day, in the alleyway through my friend's store, I saw a person wearing a black hood who took a creature I had never seen before.
I followed the person in the black hood and asked what the creature was.
He looked at me for a moment and beckoned me to follow him.
I followed him to a park and told him that there are rare, new creatures that aren't in Synara City, and there are hybrid creatures that don't have parents.
I was very surprised, and I asked him to sell the creatures.
He said that if he passes his test, he will be able to enter the black market at a certain time.
Luckily I passed the test and after that I became a very avid buyer of the black market.

How did I start research>
After that, I led my shop with the creatures I bought from the black market.
New creatures attracted a lot of attention, so I spent happy days meeting more diverse travelers than usual and exchanging creatures.
But the problem was that the black market is very expensive, and I have limited gold.
I am at a crossroads of choice.
The black market sells new creatures, parentless hybrids, and past event creatures, and we have to choose from them.
Popular in stores are new and past event creatures, so I decided to see how productive a parentless hybrid is.

My research topic is as follows>
What are the benefits of a parentless hybrid in the black market?
In fact, what I was most curious about was how advantageous the black market's parentless hybrid was for breeding compared to the general hybrid breeding method, so I focused on that.

I researched in the following way>
I decided to compare the production of parentless hybrids (Albino Direwolf x Albino Direwolf) and typical hybrids (1st gen production method, Direwolf x Direwolf = Albino Direwolf).
The parentless hybrids in the black market used in the study are as follows.
Albino Direwolf, Silt Leviathan, Reef Leviathan, Atoll Leviathan, White Cukurba, Golden Arkenian Goose, Albino Nandi Bear, Chimera,
Amethyst Capricorn, Tidal Capricorn, Meridian Capricorn, Hallow Capricorn, Ruby Capricorn, Golden Pygmy Gemdragon, Golden Pygmy Crystalwing, Purple Pygmy Gemdragon, Purple Pygmy Crystalwing, Albino Wolpertinger, Albino Eshmeri, Yellow Farir, Golden Farir, Orange Farir, Hippogryph, Lunar Hippogryph, Solar Hippogryph, Arkenian Minirrell, Husky Simurgh, Phoenix Simurgh, Pheasant Simurgh, Tevera Enox, Direcore, Albino Direcore, Settian Drakeling, Tetzcotal Eagle Hippogryph, Harpy Eagle Hippogryph, Pearlen Alvean Wasp
There are various kinds of parentless hybrids I have.
But there is a problem that each type does not have a large population.
So I decided to take time and reproduce the same population over and over again.

I tried breeding 170 times in total.
For example, if you tried to breed 14 parentless Albino Direwolf, you also tried 14 Direwolf available in the shop.
Successful breeding, as defined in this study, means producing hybrids of the lowest generation.
I regard it as a failure if I produced a creature other than the intended hybrid.
For example, if you were aiming for Albino Direwolf but got Direwolf, it is considered a failure.
The aiming creatures are like the list of parentless hybrids listed above.

The results are as follows>
  • A parentless hybrid purchased from the black market was able to obtain the desired creature 49 times out of 170 breeding.
    The reproduction success rate is 28.8%.
  • As a general hybrid breeding method, 45 of the 170 breeding times were obtained.
    The reproduction success rate is 26.4%.
Conclusion>
In fact, in making the purchase, I believed that a parentless hybrid would work much better.
This is because, according to the sales of merchants in the black market, parentsless hybrids are more like legendary creatures.
However, contrary to my belief, I didn't show much difference (about 2% difference).
I will ask others to be careful when purchasing a parentless hybrid on the black market.

But I was also able to make new discoveries, and here are the benefits of parentless hybrids.
This is usually seen in the breeding of Capricorn, for example, when I needed Meridian Capricorn, a parentless hybrid got Meridian Capricorn 2 times out of 5 breeding.
However, the typical breeding of streamborns gave Amethyst Capricorn 1 time out of 5 breeding.
Parentless hybrids are more suitable for producing the same kind of creature you want.
And in the case of Farir, we can get Golden Farir and Orange Farir through complex breeding, but the parentless hybrid had the advantage of getting Golden Farir and Orange Farir from 1st gen.
I'm looking forward to the reopening of the black market, as I've learned that purchasing should be done carefully.

Return to “Competition Entries”