D&D Players!

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.
audrei9
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: D&D Players!

Post by audrei9 »

I think my favourite moment is when there's a good mystery that all the players have to work together to solve or a problem they need to cooperate to fight against. I know that I felt really powerful and appreciated when I'm playing as a tank and a defender in Lancer, and my co players cluster around me so they can use me as hard cover against the enemies. Unfortunately I have yet to play a TTRPG long enough to have a better moment, but this is what I thought of!
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
bandbullets
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by bandbullets »

i am quite new to ttrpgs but I do go out to play pathfinder in a boardgame club cafe every wednesday,, my character is such a blank slate but im made it so far up to lvl 17 to abandon and make a proper character waaaaaa(this is why first campaign so far)
Saladfish
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Saladfish »

I've been playing DnD for a while now! Also interested in other TTRPG systems but haven't had the chance to explore them yet. As a player, I really enjoy when the GM lets me try doing some wild things. So now as a GM myself, and knowing that my players also enjoy wild things, I do my best to supply them with those opportunities to make their own choice of essentially whether they want to do the funny or responsible thing. My players are all experienced too, so I don't need to do a whole lot to convince them to think outside the box.
clicks are appreciated!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

I've played a variety of different systems, and run a fair few as well, and my favorite bits are when someone has to BS on the spot to justify something. Like, I run a FATE-based system called Demon Hunters: A Comedy of Terrors, and part of that is describing actions cinematically so that I, the DM, allow you to use your best possible dice pool to roll and the amount of persuading that goes on when someone is desperately trying to weasel-word me into letting them roll Flashy for a sneaky-type check absolutely gives me LIFE xD

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

bandbullets wrote: December 22nd, 2023, 3:25:27 am i am quite new to ttrpgs but I do go out to play pathfinder in a boardgame club cafe every wednesday,, my character is such a blank slate but im made it so far up to lvl 17 to abandon and make a proper character waaaaaa(this is why first campaign so far)
i feel you!! my characters always end up being kinda personality-less, just faces for me the player to hide behind... i like DMing more for that reason, since i'm better at putting characters on when i'm telling a story. would you ever consider being the game master?

in other news—my dnd group has a big session coming up on saturday!!! boss fight + a turning point for my character. i've gotten a sneak peek at what's going to go down because me and my DM are good friends and he's constantly blabbing about his plans (LOL) but i'm super super excited for it to actually happen!! it will involve a heist, a personality cult, and a shapeshifter.... >:]
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.

Return to “Popsicle stand”