How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Real »

Tree rant. I'm angry even if it's been hours since this happened.
Spoiler
Woke up to the sound of grass being cut. Turned out a couple of dudes were chopping off the tree that was right in front of my window. All because some prick thought it would be good for the roads currently being worked on.
My first thought was to ask my mother about it since she works at the city hall. Not only were they cutting the first tree for the reason I assumed they would, but it turned out one of our neighbors (who lives on the exact opposite side of the building and has nothing to do with these trees) also wanted the tree that was right next to the one being chopped off to be cut.
Summers are hot, and these trees are a blessing. They're not old, or sick. These dudes just thought it would be fun to destroy some nature.
Fortunately, my mother managed to convince the guy in charge of the whole thing that no matter what the neighbor said the second tree didn't need to be cut. It's missing a few branches but it's still standing tall.
The other one, though, is gone. And it was a little over 5 stories high. :t-pout:
by Saebra
Danafox
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Danafox »

Real wrote: January 19th, 2024, 10:24:39 am Tree rant. I'm angry even if it's been hours since this happened.
Spoiler
Woke up to the sound of grass being cut. Turned out a couple of dudes were chopping off the tree that was right in front of my window. All because some prick thought it would be good for the roads currently being worked on.
My first thought was to ask my mother about it since she works at the city hall. Not only were they cutting the first tree for the reason I assumed they would, but it turned out one of our neighbors (who lives on the exact opposite side of the building and has nothing to do with these trees) also wanted the tree that was right next to the one being chopped off to be cut.
Summers are hot, and these trees are a blessing. They're not old, or sick. These dudes just thought it would be fun to destroy some nature.
Fortunately, my mother managed to convince the guy in charge of the whole thing that no matter what the neighbor said the second tree didn't need to be cut. It's missing a few branches but it's still standing tall.
The other one, though, is gone. And it was a little over 5 stories high. :t-pout:
You need your mom to get city hall to plant a brand new tree in the place where the old one was and replace it. Those freaking jerk people only think about aesthetic reasons. I'm angry for you. :t-D<:
ImageImageImageImageImage
Dana's Sales Bin
LTT Donis for Below1Percent

Thank you to all my gifters! <3
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

>be me this morning
>wake up at 7am to my alarm
>be a bit sleepy still
'ok i can laze for a couple minutes to wake up proper before i have to get up to get ready for work'
>check phone again
'WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S 7:32?!'
>fuckfuckfuck
>mad dash to get up, dressed, use the bathroom to get ready and out of the house by 7:40 so Im not late for work
>somehow manage to pull this off and not be late for work

nothing like a good ol' scare to get you and running in the morning. :derp:
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

It's my day off. I can sleep in no problems. Maybe I can catch up one some sleep too!

*phone call from a friend at 8am wishing me a good day*

:t-shrug:
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I'm so deeply appreciative when hybrid-producing creatures only produce hybrid eggs, without the chance of producing either parent species. Don't get me wrong, I love my little failbreeds to my core, but I do love that little thrill I still get when I produce the hybrid I wanted :lol:
Be kind.
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

I forgot that I planned to trim my cats' nails today. Gave them some pre-meds, but that still didn't take too much of the edge off. Got it done though with only a few scratches. :yarly:
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Laptop charger crapped out and my new one won't be here until the 25th at best, and both my parents have been on my ass because, for my dad: his friend of 40 years is having a whole harebrained thing where he's run off to Middle-of-nowhere, Ohio (Alliance, specifically. Worth noting this guy is from SoCal then Seattle) to be with a mentally unstable 82 year old woman who he thinks will take care of him. She's got kids who already think the whole thing is sketchy, have power of attorney, and one is a cop. Every time my dad is particularly upset about it, he goes after me.
My mom is throwing tantrums because I'm spending so much time with my dad to help him get through this.
I'm the only person he has now. T_T

Bonus round: my dog got sick from something my mom fed her and has been having vomiting and diarrhea in the wee hours.
But! She's doing much better today ^_^
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kestrad
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kestrad »

Ugghhhh, went to a con last weekend and I feel fucking old. Barely could muster the energy to get out of bed this morning because it turns out staying up until 3am and getting up at 9am multiple days in a row is something my body can't handle anymore.
Kestrad has been eaten by life. She'll probably pop back in occasionally.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Keep story | Portal Guild | Graphics Shop
Please do not click my hatchlings. Thank you.
Avatar by Kingsfisher, sig art by herinbon
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

Kestrad wrote: January 22nd, 2024, 1:09:46 pm Ugghhhh, went to a con last weekend and I feel fucking old. Barely could muster the energy to get out of bed this morning because it turns out staying up until 3am and getting up at 9am multiple days in a row is something my body can't handle anymore.
I hear you! (insert bragging) We're going on "Star Trek: the Cruise VII" next month and I'm trying to adjust my sleep patterns so I'm not sleeping til noon or taking a midday nap. Not much luck so far. I want to be able to get up early enough for activities, but stay up til at least midnight. lol
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

I've been jumping all over the place these past few days trying to work on writing projects and descriptions... I'm far from done.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me

Return to “Community Discussion”