Phobias.. we all have one.

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Shawchert
CreaturesTrade

Re: Phobias.. we all have one.

Post by Shawchert »

My phobia is fear of bridges.... I still cant ride my bike over the thru way bridge. some i can but i do get anxious and it's difficult if a car passes by
ImageImageImageImageImage
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

I hate bridges because when I was 6 my little hometown had one of the biggest bridge disasters in US history. I still don't trust them and hate to get stuck in traffic sitting on an overpass. Makes me nervous. It's not a phobia, really, just leftover fear from my childhood.

My big phobia is kind of weird. I can't go into those big warehouse stores like Costco or Home Depot. I get so uptight I can't breathe and have to leave. All that stuff stacked up on either side of me looks like it's falling in toward the center and going to crush me. I even get vertigo because I have no peripheral frame of reference outside the aisle I'm in.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
peachybby
CreaturesTrade

Post by peachybby »

Claustrophobia. Yes, I know, pretty common. Mine goes pretty far. When I watch tv, anything on it that’s set in a tight space (movies like The Descent, 47 Meters Down 2) really get my lungs constricting. When my husband wrestles me, rolling me in the blankets or hugging me too hard, I panic! Ideas like spelunking give me nightmares!

Return to “Hall of Speakers”