Hello! Nice to meet everyone

New here? Come say hi, or even give us a short bio!
kitsunefire
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Hello! Nice to meet everyone

Post by kitsunefire »

Hi, I'm brand new here. I heard about this website ages ago when I first started playing dragcave around 2009. Since I started playing dc again a couple months ago I've been getting into more adoptables sites including this one. Plus I thought if I was going to join at any time, it would be worth joining now since it's the holiday season and a lot of petsites are putting together special events :D that said I have no idea what's happening! I tried out some quests and hatching some eggs from the stream so far. I was surprised by the density of the text and worldbuilding on the site so it's taking me awhile to get adjusted to it though- so any tips appreciated. It took me awhile to post because I kind of thought the website was dead ^^' and it took me a bit to find the place to post to gain access too. One thing I'm wondering is how folks typically raise creatures? I've tried using a couple sites with mixed results (some broken and totally unusable).

In any case, happy to join a new community with new things to explore. I really like quests and TFO has some of my favorites, but I've finished them all so far (and playing wildermyth with friends online can only happen so often in a week). It's good to find a game with lots of interesting and complex quests! Excited to start working through them
⋆꙳•̩̩͙❅*̩̩͙‧͙ the lab ₊˚。⋆❆⋆。˚₊ dragons ‧͙*̩̩͙❆ ͙͛ ˚₊⋆ [clicks always appreciated!] Image ~wishlist~
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: Hello! Nice to meet everyone

Post by Aflame »

welcome!! the holidays are definitely my favorite time on ms so I hope you enjoy (:

one of my friends who joined also mentioned having a hard time finding the place to post to gain access even though I was on the phone with him and telling him what to look for haha, maybe it might help if it's moved to the top of the page or something to make things easier for new users.

people usually grow their critters by taking the embed codes and posting them in one of the three click threads in reindeer games! you can also use the magi ifn (image free nursery) website to grow them, people put their creature codes in there and click on the ones that are in the nursery to grow them if that makes sense.
https://magi-ifn.net/add.php

some folks also use yarolds! the site is a bit dated but lots of people still use it for various pet sites.
https://swle.yarold.eu/main.php
here's a thread with a bit more info:
viewtopic.php?t=139262
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

Altairia
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Altairia »

Welcome! ^.^

Magistream has extensive worldbuilding which I myself only recently started getting into despite being on this website for ages, it's actually right up my alley so it's a shame that I didn't start reading earlier! That being said, the game is completely playable if you are not really a reader type.

There are many ways to acquire creatures: you can pick up eggs from the stream (tip: there are more streams than the one on the front page and different kinds of eggs can be found in each of them, you can find them by clicking "world" and any of the locations that have (tributary) after the name). Besides the stream you can visit a shop to buy eggs and items, at the moment earning gold is tougher than it used to so the prices are rather high, but the issue is being worked on. A couple of ways to help with that at the moment are attuning to an element (a quest) and buying the alicanto heart from the artificer shop (you must first complete a quest to gain access to it). You can also acquire unique eggs through quests, but be aware that most quests you can only do once! You can find in the Mercado section free quest help if you need it. You can also buy creatures from other users, or find them in giveaways posted in the Zocalo section.

As for growing creatures, I use the three methods that aflame mentioned, and my creatures grow up from egg to adult typically in justs a couple of days.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask! I hope I didn't just make your head spin with all of that info, I promise it's not as complicated :t-sweat:
I hope you will enjoy your time here! :wave:
Visit my new shop!
~~~
Looking for gender swaps- see the corresponding tab in my keep!
~~~
My wishlist!
🎂12th of Jan
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Please help me grow these guys as well! <3
kitsunefire
Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by kitsunefire »

Thank you both for the warm welcome ^^

re:
Aflame wrote: December 16th, 2023, 10:07:55 am welcome!! the holidays are definitely my favorite time on ms so I hope you enjoy (:
The links are super helpful, thank you so much!! Good to know I'm not the only one having trouble XD hope you have fun during the holidays as well

re:
Altairia wrote: December 16th, 2023, 6:48:32 pm Welcome! ^.^
Good to know I can get by without reading a bunch! Though that wasn't too much info at all, I appreciated the detail. I'll definitely be taking advantage of the two hatcheries and the reindeer games- I've explored more of the forum thanks to that and even found the announcement post for the new event eggs so I grabbed some of those too. And thanks for the tips with the quest to do to make gold easier, I was wondering about that

And with how fast they grow up I can't wait to have a bunch of creatures \o/ especially excited about the kitsunes and platypuses I've gotten so far and the new event eggs
⋆꙳•̩̩͙❅*̩̩͙‧͙ the lab ₊˚。⋆❆⋆。˚₊ dragons ‧͙*̩̩͙❆ ͙͛ ˚₊⋆ [clicks always appreciated!] Image ~wishlist~
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by faedemon »

welcome to magistream!! enjoy your time here :]
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
Enchanteddil
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Enchanteddil »

Hi and welcome :wave:

Return to “Introductions”