question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
LunatheDragoness
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: question, less limited creatures released at the same time

Post by LunatheDragoness »

vipor wrote: November 27th, 2023, 12:40:58 pm
LunatheDragoness wrote: November 13th, 2023, 5:50:38 pm
Airasyraye wrote: November 10th, 2023, 2:04:36 am I don't really care about how many creatures there are at a time, but I do wish past-events were released elsewhere, on every site. It bugs me when I'm trying to get new stuff and see Decessus flooding the stream for the 10th year in a row.
I'm tired of seeing the Decessus and Mortifelis coming every year. Neither of them breed. No gender differences. There's nothing special about them.
Past event creatures are available on other sites. Making it better for those who missed that year to get them. Dragoncave does this. Why not on here? Some other pet sites have games and their economy is more stable. I wish we had that on here. Magistream is my first pet site and it used to be fun.
Thinking about this.
Please correct me if I am wrong, but it is easier to code a new shop than a new 'stream', right?
Why not bring the yearly releases of the dead cats/rats and eternal 3 turkies as a zero gold shop? Have a shop called stream tidepool or something and have the every year return creatures in there for zero gold each. People who want them can get them, people that don't want them don't have to freeze millions of them.
I like that idea. Put the "stream" more into Magistream. Have, like you said, a tidepool but it changes areas on the World map once a month or something. Providing past creatures to be available.
CinnaminDraconna
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by CinnaminDraconna »

I'm happy with anything that keeps the stream moving, and allows us to get past creatures IF we want them. New shops would be awesome; even if the only creatures in them are common.. keeps them out of the stream so we can see more variety in the actual stream. We have soooooooooooooo many creatures now that finding what you want can't be VERY boring and tedious. Catch, freeze, catch, freeze, catch, freeze, catch, freeze, catch, freeze, gets old real fast when you need a specific creature for a quest, project or just to gift to someone.

Have a Fisherman's Wharf somewhere that has aquatic creatures for sale.
Have an Eyrie that sells flying things.
A Hunter's Camp that sells things that roam the plains.
A Mountain Stronghold where the dragons can be caught.

There's a bunch of other spots on the world map that could be another tributary or a special shop for that marker.

The key thing is to keep creatures avialable without causing drama and frustration. I've been trying to work on the new achievements and getting totally fed up with not seeing charubi and patooto in the stream.. and the main stream is the ONLY place to get them. So spread the creatures out more and increase the number of places to find them.

I'd also like to see creatures hatching/growing faster because the playerbase is not as big as it used to be, which means you have to wait longer and longer to catch your next creature.
I am in the process of moving house, so I will not be around much for the foreseeable future.
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

This is one of our big main things running in behind the scenes at the moment, and has been for a while.

We have considered at least these:
  • a shop for getting past limited creatures (both for 0g or for a fee)
  • quests for getting past limited creatures
  • a new world section for getting past limited creatures (be it stream style, rone style, pond style, grass forest style, or some other style)
  • ways to transform other creatures into past limited creatures (like items, crafting)
  • a drink/cookie jar/gift box for getting past limited creatures
We're still throwing out ideas and balancing options on whether to use any of the above methods, or whether to come up with something completely different. Some things have already been decided and prepared for, but their implementation won't happen before next year. :italian:
Aflame
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aflame »

that's all so exciting to hear! one thing that would be super cool with regard to past limited creatures, especially holiday/event related ones, would be if obtaining them was connected to the event they originated from. like during the harvest event, different quests/shops/areas around the world map could yield the different types of amagnae, or during the halloween event if past creatures could be found in places that relate to their creature descriptions and world lore. I think it would be similar to items from drinks and boxes like we already have, but in a way that utilizes the map and lore of the magistream world
Image thank you for the amazing gifts <3Image
wishlist join the ms discord! my shop

vipor
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by vipor »

Rosehill wrote: November 28th, 2023, 9:36:17 am This is one of our big main things running in behind the scenes at the moment, and has been for a while.

We have considered at least these:
  • a shop for getting past limited creatures (both for 0g or for a fee)
  • quests for getting past limited creatures
  • a new world section for getting past limited creatures (be it stream style, rone style, pond style, grass forest style, or some other style)
  • ways to transform other creatures into past limited creatures (like items, crafting)
  • a drink/cookie jar/gift box for getting past limited creatures
We're still throwing out ideas and balancing options on whether to use any of the above methods, or whether to come up with something completely different. Some things have already been decided and prepared for, but their implementation won't happen before next year. :italian:
This is already great to hear.
Just don't force yourselves to hard. Burn-outs are no joke.

How about also look at old quests and if we have non limited colour variants.

Like a few years ago there was that thanksgiving quest where we handed in turkies for piles of grain that could transform turkies to dulce and the one we had a year or so earlier. Bringing him back allows him to sell new piles of corn, or bags that give a random selection of corn that turns the turkies into old limited ones.

Permanent stream colour variants gives the option for a repeatable quest of trading a normal male female couple for an egg of their limited counterpart.
Snowball fight return with a chance of new snowdragons.
The return of bread creatures when breeding round april fools.
Low prices high quality.
Vipor's mini mall
Wishlist
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

I don't mind a multiple new stream event releases at once, like for this year's Halloween event, as long as they don't take forever to hatch. I was able to get a bunch hatched even while working, because they had decent growth per click. The helias amagnae were a different story, those buggers didn't want to hatch for anything :lol:
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!

Return to “Community Discussion”