Hatchling gender question

Get help and give out your ideas for improvement.
Korifea
CreaturesTrade

Hatchling gender question

Post by Korifea »

Hello y'all,

So I'm going to cut right to the chase: I've been using Magistream for about a week now after just picking a few eggs from the stream and forgetting about this site like 11 years ago, so consider me new ":D
Now I've noticed out of the 15 eggs I've hatched so far, all except for one singular Nandi Bear are female. I've heard of gender potions. Is that somehow the only way to get males on some species on old accounts? Or is my chance at creatures' genders influenced by something else? Am I doing something wrong, or do I just have terrible luck? I can't breed anything like this.
Also if it's really just terrible luck, how do I get those gender potions?

Greetings, Korifea ':>
[Disclaimer: Really old account - If you see me posting nonsense or being rude, check the date. I might have been a child, plus bad at English]
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Hatchling gender question

Post by EstherGamer »

Pretty sure it's just RNG being RNG (AKA: Extremely mean for no reason. Speaking from experience), and gender change potions are from a quest but I don't remember which.
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Korifea
CreaturesTrade

Post by Korifea »

Thank you for the quick answer, yea, maybe I should try a quick prayer to RNGsus? X_x okay, but seriously, just gonna hope my acc RNG changes as it kinda renders Magistream only 75% playable ._. (might be dramatic, but I'm sorta here for the crossbreeding mechanic q_q) was that quest repeatable in some way at least, do you recall that? :s
[Disclaimer: Really old account - If you see me posting nonsense or being rude, check the date. I might have been a child, plus bad at English]
EstherGamer
Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by EstherGamer »

I haven't actually done the quest myself yet, but I'm pretty sure from my reading through threads that it's repeatable
TCF Profile: Here
If I'm in a RP here and stop replying without warning, message me on TCF because it's the fastest way to contact me
PFP is an edited version of Shaymin Sky's portrait from PMD:Explorers of Sky, I edited it myself
Life's a mess right now, go easy on me
Korifea
CreaturesTrade

Post by Korifea »

Thanks again! Nice to see it's so active here even after an 11 year hiatus xd
Rosehill
Coder
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rosehill »

Gender change potions can be gotten from the quest "Lady Alua's Sanctum" located in the Lake Lakira: world/4

You need two male donec fish hatclings to give Lady Alua for her to give you a gender change potion.

You can also ask around in the Merchant District (viewforum.php?f=45 ), as some people offer to use their gender change potions for you for a small fee. ^_^
Korifea
CreaturesTrade

Post by Korifea »

Thanks for the detailed info. I don't feel I can reliably get two male hatchlings (the irony), so I guess I'm gonna head straight to that subforum ":3 Thanks to both of you again!

Return to “Support and Suggestions”