October Monthlies! 1445 - 1446 Arkados

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
faedemon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Re: October Monthlies! 1445 - 1446 Arkados

Post by faedemon »

ooh, very interesting-looking critters... i may have to scoop them up!
Image hey. looking for gender swaps.
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by BBkat »

Hitsugaya wrote: October 1st, 2023, 10:17:55 am Swamp Arkados Adult

Lake Arkados Adult
Spoiler
Most swamps and lakes are populated by at least one family of arkados. These families are very unconventional. They consist of two adults and five to eight hatchlings. The adults care for the hatchlings but do so in a very unfriendly manner. If observed for a few days, one would conclude that these creatures all hate each other, but only because the arkados are always grumpy. While the hatchlings like to sit in the sun, the adults prefer the safety of the water. The arkados are swift swimmers, traveling long distances with ease, even in shallow waters. Despite their sharp claws and teeth, the arkados are herbivores. They feed on roots and grass and sometimes even flowers. Some speculate the arkados used to be carnivores but changed over the years as their magic doesn't affect only people. Bugs and other creatures are influenced by the arkados' magic just as much, and they all learned to keep their distance from the arkados. So even if the arkados would want to hunt, they won't find any prey as everyone and everything scurries away as soon as they sense the presence of these creatures. No creature wants to feel afraid all the time.
Those sure are creatures.
Aneira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Aneira »

Lake Arkados Adult
Spoiler
Most swamps and lakes are populated by at least one family of arkados. These families are very unconventional. They consist of two adults and five to eight hatchlings. The adults care for the hatchlings but do so in a very unfriendly manner. If observed for a few days, one would conclude that these creatures all hate each other, but only because the arkados are always grumpy. While the hatchlings like to sit in the sun, the adults prefer the safety of the water. The arkados are swift swimmers, traveling long distances with ease, even in shallow waters. Despite their sharp claws and teeth, the arkados are herbivores. They feed on roots and grass and sometimes even flowers. Some speculate the arkados used to be carnivores but changed over the years as their magic doesn't affect only people. Bugs and other creatures are influenced by the arkados' magic just as much, and they all learned to keep their distance from the arkados. So even if the arkados would want to hunt, they won't find any prey as everyone and everything scurries away as soon as they sense the presence of these creatures. No creature wants to feel afraid all the time.
Honestly love the darker aspect of these creatures! The designs are fantastic as well. Very different. The Lake Arkados looks fantastic with that green on it! I do wish there was a variant with the Swamp's pinks, but with the same base color as the Lake's.

The hatchlings are just a less-terrifying Furby with a fishtail and I am all for it. <3
Image❖ Malo mori quam fodari ❖ Image
❄ ❄
Windi1
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade

Post by Windi1 »

These are the oddest creatures yet! I'm on my phone, so I will update when on my laptop.
My Wish list?
Spoiler
Looking for the following: Halloween pets!
agaori, all dragon breeds, Diamond wyrm
gryphons, hippogryphs
wolves, koi, spiders, Serendin, all Amagnaes Alvean Yale, Tidal Wraithe
direcores, capricorns, jackalopes,
Vahti, Wallatrice
All khirin, event pets, shop pets and past donis

Image Big need: Diamond Wyrm, Wugu Amagnae Hoarding:ImageImage 00/25 gifts
wystearya
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by wystearya »

BBkat wrote: October 1st, 2023, 7:49:30 pm

Lake Arkados Adult
Spoiler
Those sure are creatures.
Ha ha, agreed! Creatures. Fitting for spooky season!
Image Image ~ Image ~ Image Image

Wishlist in profile. <3 25/25 gifts - Thank you!
Pugnacious
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by Pugnacious »

Lake Arkados Adult
Spoiler
Oh my goodness, these guys are too much!!! Kicking myself I can't get one of these sweeties. I love the pink on the Swamp Arkados, but the Lake Arkados is so striking! What absolutely delightful creachers... Huge props to Mysfytt, I love how they go from little balls of fluff to these guys.
~*Multum in Parvo*~
Pug - Agender (They/Them, please!) - Bisexual - Gemini
Here's my wishlist!
Check out my tabs! I'll trade anything in my trade & frozen tabs, and will breed anything for you in my normal tabs!
Please PM me!

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Chess
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Chess »

Hitsugaya wrote: October 1st, 2023, 2:51:43 am Swamp Arkados Hatchling

Lake Arkados Hatchling
The hatchlings are absolutely adorable! :t-swoon: :t-swoon:
sammythethief
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by sammythethief »

At first glance I was kind of meh about them, but now that I'm really looking at them, I adore these critters. The colours are gorgeous and the shading, especially just behind the front arms, is superb.

As I was reading the description, I thought, "oh look, it's me as a MagiStream creature". I'm literally always grumpy and I want it to be cold around me at all times. How y'all managed to pixelate me and stick me online is beyond me :lol:

Great work on these!
Be kind.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Formerly MadameRed - same grumpy soul, new and improved theft!
15th Magiversary Free Raffle!

Return to “Community Discussion”