Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Learn about the latest updates here.
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Goldmining is causing the lag, and must stop

Post by Mochipet »

froglady wrote: October 4th, 2023, 4:04:49 pm I feel like if you get a gold bonus for hatching your egg or growing your hatchling to adult people will hide their eggs/hatchlings so as to get the last click, whereas if you get the gold bonus for hatching or growing another player's egg/hatchling it will foster more clicks for everyone and more activity on the site in general.
I think they meant once an egg or hatchling grows in your keep. So it's not whether you yourself did the last click, but rather once the creature grows you get a small sum.

Example would be each time an egg hatches in your keep, you earn 5 gold. Each time your hatchling grows to an adult, you earn 10 gold. So it wouldn't matter who clicked it. It's just tied to when the stage bar hits 100.

Since the eggs are limited to 5 (aside from donations) then I think this could work out.

To expand this idea, you could tie how much gold you earn to the rarity of the creature. So hatching a very common egg would get you, say 3 gold. A common egg maybe 5 gold, uncommon 7 gold, and a rare egg would be 10 gold.

From there, you just double the amount earned once the creature becomes an adult. So 6 gold, 10, 14, and 20.

So between the egg limit and the programmed rarity, there's natural checks in place to where players earn gold off basic activities/mechanics without being able to go crazy with it.

And it doesn't have to be those amounts of gold. It's whatever the devs feel is appropriate. I also don't know if donation pets should earn gold. I feel like there may be a risk there of abuse since people can technically buy however many donation pets they feel like spending money on at any given time. But that's just my thought. I could be wrong there.
PixelPunkBoy
CreaturesTrade

Post by PixelPunkBoy »

I know this has probably been asked a lot but anxiety kicked in. I just returned after months of not being on and just used snaplink on IFN before seeing this post is that still safe to use as long as I don't have any extra script downloaded? And do I have to limit it to not just snaplinking all of them but instead small chunks at a time?

ImageImageImage
froglady
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by froglady »

There are edits at the bottom of the first post about that, saying snaplinks and linkclump are fine, it's the sites and scripts that open hundreds or thousands of links at a time that does it.
My join date says 2012, when I made an account I promptly forgot about until August 2023, so I'm really *gasp* a newbie. :)
I have no phobias or disliked critters. Feel free to click anything in my keep, except the "Quests" tab. I think you'll find plenty there without those 2 or 3.
PixelPunkBoy
CreaturesTrade

Post by PixelPunkBoy »

Thank you! I read it like 4 times and for some reason was just really confused lol

ImageImageImage
Lahabrea
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident
CreaturesTrade

Post by Lahabrea »

I really hope we get new ways to make gold in the future. I haven't done goldmining in a long time but it often felt for me, someone who doesn't frequently use the forums anyways due to not being very social in the first place, that was the only way to really make gold ;;

Gold has been a major issue for me and why I keep going through cycles of activity/inactivity. It feels like a chore to gather.
Neuvillette
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Neuvillette »

Honestly I think the best solution which I saw in this thread was for creature turn in quests. I think expanding the gameplay for magistream may be the way forward in the future. Questing should be expanded maybe adding other systems as well. Battling would take a long time to add but it's a thought. Maybe a pvp ranking type system if it's viable but given all the creatures we have probably not the best idea. I do believe gold being used to rename creatures is a bit ridiculous since the issue with getting gold is that it's tedious and difficult to do so and thats why gold mines existed in the first place.
I am looking for hyenas right now. My about me section is very outdated but I still like garms fenrirs and now hyenas
castlevania
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by castlevania »

one thing i have always wanted to do was to consistently sell streamborn creatures to NPCs for good gold. it would give me an incentive to want to camp for, hatch and raise streamborn creatures; instantly thousands of gold for selling a good adult streamborn would replace the thousands of clicks i'd normally have to mine from an equivalent number of creatures, and it would feel more rewarding as well.
Neuvillette
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Neuvillette »

cainhurst wrote: October 11th, 2023, 1:59:20 am one thing i have always wanted to do was to consistently sell streamborn creatures to NPCs for good gold. it would give me an incentive to want to camp for, hatch and raise streamborn creatures; instantly thousands of gold for selling a good adult streamborn would replace the thousands of clicks i'd normally have to mine from an equivalent number of creatures, and it would feel more rewarding as well.
This is a great idea the site needs a lot more gameplay then it currently has. What gets me is that we're spending 2k for creature renames too. So the npc idea would be a great help for people like me who intend to rename a lot of my creatures
I am looking for hyenas right now. My about me section is very outdated but I still like garms fenrirs and now hyenas
kunigund
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Fire
CreaturesTrade

Post by kunigund »

I see several potential obstacles with selling creatures for good gold to a NPC, but overall I think it is also a good idea.

My thoughts about this:
(1) In general, it would require (a) a limit of how many one can sell per time (week/month/whatever), or, more importantly, (a) a limit how long after catching/hatching a creature can be sold to the NPC (e.g., until 7 days after catching/hatching the egg). The latter is, I think, necessary, perhaps even in combination with the first.
(2) Reason: If all stream borns can be sold, one could buy creatures cheaply in the merchant area or from Mr. Belmos and sell them for more gold to the NPC. That's not good because hatching the egg (and by that occupying an egg slot) and raising the hatchling should be rewarded.
(3) Also, people would sell their accumulated excess stream borns preferentially to this NPC instead of offering them in the merchant area to other users (for less gold).
(4) What happens to the pets in the NPC's keep? Since creature IDs cannot be deleted or reused, lots of creatures/IDs would be "lost". I could imaging that Mr. Belmos is the NPC creatures can be sold to, because he could resell these creatures to users for a lower prize (as he does right now). (Of course, that would be a bad business for Mr. Belmos.) Moreover, the deadline for selling a particular creature to the NPC has to be over by this time it is sold by the NPC to prevent (2) from happening.
(5) Frozen eggs or hatchlings cannot be sold to the NPC.

I have no idea why re/naming a creature has a prize at all (bit since I do not use it at all, I do not care so much). As an intermediate situation I could imagine naming a creature for the first time to have a certain prize (because it cannot be undone), further renaming is for free. And/Or implement a way to completely un-name a creature for gold (I remember this is requested occasionally).
Mochipet
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Mochipet »

I've always been confused why renaming creatures costs gold. Just seems pointless and no one has much of an incentive to name their creatures. Which- I mean why disincentive/penalize one of the most basic features of a hatchables game?

Plus without the ability to mine anymore, it's kinda unfortunate that renaming a creature would cost me about a month's worth of work.

I'd also have the same concerns about selling creatures to an NPC. Why would people bother with the markets anymore when you can just sell to a character. Plus the NPC would end up controlling the market such that whatever that character is set to buy a given creature for, that will become the base price for everything. Why sell your creature to another player for x amount when you're guaranteed y at the NPC.

I think perhaps the achievements should have a gold reward for completing/unlocking them.

Return to “Site News”