What person do you like to write in?

Come here, take a break, chat with friends about anything and everything.

What person do you like to write in? (you can pick 2 - your 2 favorites)

First is the best
19%
I like second
3%
Third!
51%
I don't care
6%
Potatoes
21%

Total votes: 100

PancakeIsBest
An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: What person do you like to write in?

Post by PancakeIsBest »

I write in Third Person since I cringe at all of my writing, but making it third person seems to help me not cringe at my works, so I write with it. It is probably because "you" or "I" makes my brain insert myself into the story and that also makes me unable to read. There are some really good first/second person stories tho, don't get me wrong.
Many Thanks To Anyone Who Clicks My Creatures <3
Shadowsearcher
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Shadowsearcher »

I tend to write in third person, since it's a tad bit easier for me to "gather" all the emotions and thoughts and stuff haha.
Also helps to make more dramatic cliffhangers and drop hints (wink wink nudge nudge) ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Gwalchmai
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Gwalchmai »

I like writing in third person, especially third person limited. I find it gives me the chance to write a wide variety of character personalities while still getting control over how the description sounds; some characters have entertaining personalities and ways of speaking, but it'd get exhausting to hear a whole story written in their words
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Wyrmburrow
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wyrmburrow »

I don't have too many writing projects where this applies, but in the ones I do have tend to vary in perspective. Three are in first person, three more are in third person, and I believe I have one that's written in second person. The rest are informative articles on worlds and beasts I came up with.

Honestly I should do some more second person writing, I rather enjoy it.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
CaityJuju
Member of The Herbalist's Guild
CreaturesTrade

Post by CaityJuju »

PancakeIsBest wrote:I write in Third Person since I cringe at all of my writing"
This made me laugh as it's so relatable haha even for my old artwork. I also enjoy writing in third person but I believe that's probably the most common view to write in, especially longer stories. I haven't written in a very long time, I use to a lot when I was in High School but lost interest - though recently I've been feeling a creative spark again that I thought was long gone.
Set your heart ablaze. Thank you so much for clicking my creatures! <3

Return to “Popsicle stand”