How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Vilefruit
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Vilefruit »

QueenoftheRabbits wrote:
gosh that sounds so good :well:
I love cheese plates but havent had one since the pandemic started since they're best enjoyed with a group and I only live with one other person haha

I took last semester off from school since I didn't want to pay full tuition for online art school and I'm really glad I did. I'm back in classes this semester since they reopened some on-campus resources (though classes are still fully online) and being in zoom calls for 4-6 hours a day is really draining. it's super hard to stay focused and class time usually just feels like time wasted that I could be spending working. I definitely haven't been able to learn as much this semester as I have the past two years. it does look like there's a high possibility that we'll be back to at least partially in-person classes next semester though as long as it's safe enough :splat:
I know the feeling! I haven't gone to school yet since Spring of last year. I ended up flunking out of all of my essential courses and barely making it through the last few weeks of Ceramics- where we were forced to move online and create/photograph our crafts at home. It was pure misery. So happy you're back in class!
pegasi1978 wrote: I remember having to do recovery in JC Penney during the Christmas season I worked there. I was assigned to the children's department, and if my section was clean I had to help with bordering sections along the aisles. You have my sympathy. I'm the type of shopper who tries not to make a mess. I did it before that holiday season and continue to do it twenty-plus years later.

Work has been not great lately. We've had two people from the programming/reporting/support (not sure all of what they did) leave in the last month. Of course it was just in time for the Q1 reports as well. I've been trying my best to help out with the new things assigned to me, but I'm not super familiar with tableau and SQL. It's beginning to feel overwhelming.
Thank you for your understanding. My stress has come from the exact same situation. We had two associates move to Texas, and the other one abruptly quit without giving us a two week notice. We have a team of 3 in a department big enough to need a team of 6 or more. There's only the Manager, a lead, and myself- and it increases the pressure so severely it's suffocating. Everyone is working hard and I always stay late and feel guilty as if I'm not doing enough myself. I end my shift caked in sweat and winded. Realistically, though- how do you meet a goal and prevent a poor inspection when there really IS something wrong? I'm praying that I can transfer to something more sustainable eventually.

My manager also comes from a background of specialized education and has trouble understanding and managing others. She was promoted moreso out of necessity, because no one wanted the role. She works harder, not smarter- and it's painful to be a part of when I don't have the strength or stamina to change it. I can't even make it to a doctor's appointment!

~*~
I've never used this thread so sincerely before, so thank you all for being such good ears! The cheese plate was delicious and was received glowingly by my parents and brother- who are all well fed and didn't even need to cook a meal. My honeycomb is coming in tomorrow, and I'm so excited to try it!
Upon entering this hidden inner chamber, your senses are assaulted by an exotic bouquet and a lush field of color. Snails, everywhere; Blossoming under birdhouses and sleeping on treetops, all residing in this magical pocket deep within The Keep.
~*~
The overwhelmingly pink magi who invited you here is beaming with pride,
"I take it you aren't allergic to flowers, right?"

ImageImage
SirChicken
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by SirChicken »

Been feeling like blaaah since Friday. It's kinda hard to describe what feels wrong; like, I just feel really unwell for some reason. It got pretty bad yesterday as I spent all afternoon trying not to lose my lunch... Might be ringing my dentist tomorrow to reschedule my cleaning. Ugh, hopefully they aren't booked a month out. :sulk:
Please help my babies grow C:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dancingstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dancingstar »

pegasi1978 wrote:
Soleil wrote:Thursday was my birthday, first one away from my home-friends and family. It wasn't great. My brain is not my friend right now.
I'm sorry your birthday wasn't great this year. :t-hugs: Being away from home-friends and family on holidays can be tricky.
Vilefruit wrote:I didn’t finish recovering the apparel department at work, and it was exhausting just to leave it only 30% done! Goodness, I wish we had more people.
I remember having to do recovery in JC Penney during the Christmas season I worked there. I was assigned to the children's department, and if my section was clean I had to help with bordering sections along the aisles. You have my sympathy. I'm the type of shopper who tries not to make a mess. I did it before that holiday season and continue to do it twenty-plus years later.

-----

Work has been not great lately. We've had two people from the programming/reporting/support (not sure all of what they did) leave in the last month. Of course it was just in time for the Q1 reports as well. I've been trying my best to help out with the new things assigned to me, but I'm not super familiar with tableau and SQL. It's beginning to feel overwhelming.

yeah ever since i worked in a clothing store, i really try to not make a mess. like, really really try. :\ i would not walk into your bedroom, make a mess and then expect YOU to clean it. thats how i see it, anyways.
Image[
PKGriffin
Site Moderator
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PKGriffin »

Finally got my first vaccination! :bounce:
-------------------------
ImageImageImageImage
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

PKGriffin wrote:Finally got my first vaccination! :bounce:
Congrats! :hooray:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Earth
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

edited: weird double-post :wtf:
Apologies

But, to use the accidental post anyway, any number of leaves is an unacceptable amount of leaves in a strawberry milkshake, but a whole strawberry's worth is too many

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence
Dancingstar
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Dancingstar »

the financial aid office has been giving me the runaround for 3 weeks.

1st week my office said that my aid was delayed because of too many people submitting their fasas
2nd week im told that they need to change my status from part time to full time, even tho my status shouldnt change b/c im taking the same amout of credits..
3rd week now. i am gearing up to argue with them as I have the sneaking suspicion that they're going to say that I have to pay.
Image[
jessk
MagiStream Donor
Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by jessk »

I'm fully vaccinated! Only had a little bit of fever after shot #2 of pfizer. Two weeks and I'll be at maximum immunity :D

Also our newer doggo is recovering well from his neutering!
ImageImageImageImageImage
pegasi1978
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by pegasi1978 »

Why do we not have a flail smiley? I could have sworn we did.

T_T Today has been hella-crazy at work. I still can figure out how to do certain things in Tableau, but let me get the data in excel and I can give the results you want fairly quickly. I've provided the person who does the quarterly reports the information she needs for several of her slides via excel. I did try getting one with someone to see if we could figure one report out, but we were clueless so I downloaded the information, opened it in excel and got it sorted as the lady needed it.

How to fix that is just one more thing on the list for the 20 consulting hours we have with the guy who left. We're probably already halfway through those hours. Talking to him is frustrating because we want to learn how to fix it and he does most of it "by feel" and that's hard to explain what you are doing. If we can get an explanation you bet there will be documentation after.
2024 Crystalwings, Diamond Koi, horse-y things and Cypheles Crystalwings please!| Wishlist in profile | Avatar by Munin!
Merkwerkee
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Merkwerkee »

pegasi1978 wrote:Why do we not have a flail smiley? I could have sworn we did.
:woo: :t-woo:

The Shattered Compass
I do free CSS
Sig Set By Incandescence

Return to “Community Discussion”