Magistream's 10 year anniversary

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
bett132
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: Magistream's 10 year anniversary

Post by bett132 »

Well, why WOULD they change the ratio? At some seemingly arbitrary point halfway through the event, no less.

I've had a couple streaks of drinks where I got over 60 drinks with no crystalwing. I've gotten 2 in a row. I've gotten 4 out of 10 drinks, and none out of 10 drinks.
Human brains are really heavily wired for pattern recognition, to the point of people (and I'm including myself in this) seeing patterns that aren't actually there. I just don't think two people having had a short run of bad luck is any indication that the ratios are changing. 200 drinks total isn't a reliable indicator.

I also have this thread 8-community-discussion/223552-tracking- ... l?start=50 that I've been getting people's numbers in. It looks like people are pretty much getting the same ratio.

Now, it's possible that I'm wrong, and that the staff for some reason decided that the number needed to be changed. But if they'd decided it was too easy or whatnot, I'd think they would have made that decision in the first couple of days the drinks were out, not 13 days after. Lowering it now seems odd.
25/25 gifts received (thanks everyone!), 162 gifts sent!
Wishlist in my profile.
Especially interested in all pygmy gems/crystals not in my Tiny Crystals tab.
To hatch eggs fast, use the sites below.
https://swle.yarold.eu
http://www.pethatchery.co.uk
http://magi-ifn.net
Reima
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Air
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by Reima »

Bad luck to me is getting less than average
Good luck is getting more than average
Really bad is like, 0 creatures per 100 drinks
Really good is 6 creatures per 100 drinks
This Signature looks so bad on mobile. Good lord it is HUGE. I'll need to work on that at some point. For now though I sleep
ImageImageImageImage
✯✦✯✧✯✦✯✧✯✦
Any objections, Lady?
✨ImageImage✨
To hatchling only C:
Wishlist Here
PaintdGryphon
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Post by PaintdGryphon »

I've had a couple of times where I didn't get anything from a hundred drinks, but overall I've done pretty well. I've kept all my drink-got creatures in a separate tab. 83 creatures from 2000+ drinks still falls in the 4% range.
Please feel free to mine my keep if you wish <3
My Wishlist
Shadowolf64
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Shadowolf64 »

I keep getting CWsh I don't nneed. I managed to get a femaale Closhtwa too complete my ppair and a male SShaccrrish ash well, buut oderwishe it'sh onesh ...hic... I ...hic... alreaady ...hic... have. ...hic... Give ...hic... me de Lapish and 2015 oonesh, RRemy! D:
To hatchling only: ImageImageImageImageImage
Wishlist!
[LTT Date] Dark Umbral Fox!
Please check out my LTS thread!
feralkiwi
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Life
CreaturesTrade

Post by feralkiwi »

i've gotten about 7 for ~300 drinks (i never feel particularly lucky with drink critters-looking through the drink tracking thread, I'm just a bit unluckier than other people but I also don't care enough to drop a lot of gold/keep clicking) but I appreciate that the drinks are much cheaper than they usually are, so the drop rate is probably a little lower to compensate for that since the drinks are usually meant to be bit of a gold sink. I doubt it's changed throughout though (that just seems like extra work for the staff).
(pronouns: they/them)

happy 15th magiversary!

<3 clicks appreciated-just to hatchling pls <3
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
doing bloodline swaps- 1st gen emerald wyverns | lts keep clean
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Finally maxed out on the Celebratory gift items. Won't be needing to breed donecs for gender change potions for awhile. :lol:
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Elentarien
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Elentarien »

Out of curiosity - what IS the max of inventory item stacks?
Revan
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Revan »

Elentarien wrote:Out of curiosity - what IS the max of inventory item stacks?
255 for each item as far as I am aware.
Need hatchlings?
Come visit The Hatchery!

Free Lineages!

If you visit my Keep, beware. I hoard owls. I am not responsible for any pecked out eyeballs or loss of fingers that may occur.
Wishlist :orly:
Elentarien
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by Elentarien »

Ahh! Wow. That's a LOOT more than I thought. Thanks. :D
BBkat
MagiStream Donor
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by BBkat »

I wish the CWs would actually appear IN the stream. I know they're not flooding anymore but I haven't even seen them.
And I kinda need more to finish off my families.

Return to “Community Discussion”