How Was Your Day Thread V5

Discuss MagiStream and site-related topics.
Anira
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: How Was Your Day Thread V5

Post by Anira »

Mazzi wrote:Fingers crossed for some fighters Anira. : (
No such luck. No signs of life after over two hours of warming up and stimulation (touching, rubbing, holding, etc.). I still have them next to a heater, just in case.
SilverWolf
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by SilverWolf »

Anira wrote:All chicks are DOA.... That's never happened to me before....

Truck driver said they were making noise when he picked them up, but he didn't put them in the cab, he put them in the back (he feels bad about it; he thought about it, but made a mistake; said he would put them in the cab next time). It's at least a couple hours drive from the sorting facility.

60 hour heat pack was cold (no more than 48 hours since shipped). One of the vent holes was popped open (they keep them closed up in winter).

This has never happened, and I always order in winter. I've never had a dead chick.

Attempting to warm them up anyway, because they aren't dead until they're warm and dead (sometimes they come back once warmed up).
I'm so sorry to hear this :t-:( I don't get chicks shipped here, but I do breed Belgian D'uccle's and Silkies, and it's always heartbreaking to lose a chick, even more so an entire batch. Have you contacted the company or person you bought them from?
LTS | LTB
SB Tenabra Fox Army: 663 | Total albinos in army(-9 eggs): 114
"Maybe, somewhere out there, even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one. Don't you think?" - Lady
|
ImageImageImage
Anira
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Anira »

SilverWolf wrote:

Truck driver said they were making noise when he picked them up, but he didn't put them in the cab, he put them in the back (he feels bad about it; he thought about it, but made a mistake; said he would put them in the cab next time). It's at least a couple hours drive from the sorting facility.

60 hour heat pack was cold (no more than 48 hours since shipped). One of the vent holes was popped open (they keep them closed up in winter).

This has never happened, and I always order in winter. I've never had a dead chick.

Attempting to warm them up anyway, because they aren't dead until they're warm and dead (sometimes they come back once warmed up).
I'm so sorry to hear this :t-:( I don't get chicks shipped here, but I do breed Belgian D'uccle's and Silkies, and it's always heartbreaking to lose a chick, even more so an entire batch. Have you contacted the company or person you bought them from?
Yes, of course. Waiting for reply.
SilverWolf
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Water
CreaturesTrade

Post by SilverWolf »

Anira wrote:
SilverWolf wrote:

Yes, of course. Waiting for reply.
Okay good. A lot of people/companies around here have a disclaimer that basically says they will not refund or replace chicks that died in transit, so I wasn't sure if you were in that predicament. Though clearly the company was at least partially responsible for not properly preparing the chicks for travel.
LTS | LTB
SB Tenabra Fox Army: 663 | Total albinos in army(-9 eggs): 114
"Maybe, somewhere out there, even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one. Don't you think?" - Lady
|
ImageImageImage
Wolfsister
CreaturesTrade

Post by Wolfsister »

Starting to regret not driving today. I'd have to stay at work two more hours, but I really don't want to start walking back.
MistyoC
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Light
CreaturesTrade

Post by MistyoC »

O I'm pissed
In a local FB group, someone posted:
Spoiler
If anyone here is wanting to go to the bathroom with people who's pipes are alike, you better speak up i kid you not because it's about to change in Mo. Yep! I got a petition from Citizens United, and my PC won't allow me to get one out to you. Woukd you al PLEASE help me? It's called NO TRANSGENDER BATHROOMS IN MISSOURI! Petition To Jeremiah W. Nixon! Hurry pretty please? We Only Have three Days!
which got several responses on that topic, most of which were against the mentioned petition. Then the individual edited the post to read:
Spoiler
Please bear with me i'm not very good at expressing what's in my head to paper. Thanks. Has anyone ever read the Koran? If not please do. it will better help us in understanding our fellow man.If you have read this cherished book you know Islam's beliefs on sex. Right or wrong it is their cult. yes Islam is the largest cult in the world and classified as such always has been. I did see pres.Obama say he called it a religion for the benefits being a religion has vs a cult status.People don't usually say things like "it's against my cult beliefs." Right, have you ever heard that expression? Me neither. The Koran's marring age is.. gosh 10 i think? Really young. Exact age for marring is much younger than intercourse And I didn't understand the thought process of this or of the topic of rape until my research began. But please do your own. . The problem i have concerning this is the fact we are not just being nice, polite, loving Americans who are not biased, prejudice or racist.I know from my research what i was taught as acceptable is not by a large immigrating group. Unless you understand Sharia Law you cannot hardly see the warning labels. Our culture and law's allow a woman the freedom to come, go and dress as she pleases. We live this, it is our American way of life, is what we as American's know. Not Islam.I can be using the restroom wearing a tank top, blue jeans and according to them it's acceptable and deserving that I am raped. Well as I type this courtrooms across our nation are being challenged daily by Muslim people demanding Sharia Law, courts are appointing Muslim judges who are demanding this. Schools who have common core are forced to allow the fundamentals of Sharia Law be taught under the guise of ancient religion.(ARK.most part).This is just a tiny speck of the many things we should look at before we assume it's all about sexual "I'm better than you are" grade school stuff. Thanks Friends.
and is carrying on as if we're all on the same side. I had been pleasantly debating on the topic, but now I'm a bit too steamed to continue replying.
Feel free to click my entire keep. Anything I don't want to grow is protected.

Dream of Whirled Peas
Anira
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Anira »

SilverWolf wrote: Okay good. A lot of people/companies around here have a disclaimer that basically says they will not refund or replace chicks that died in transit, so I wasn't sure if you were in that predicament. Though clearly the company was at least partially responsible for not properly preparing the chicks for travel.
The chicks were properly packed. The USPS employees mishandled the box.

They couldn't know the heat pack wouldn't last (heat packs aren't perfect), and they do not open the vent holes in winter, a carrier broke one open. And a carrier put the box on its side. They cannot control inconsiderate people, especially ones who don't care for the life of such helpless critters. Our mail truck driver admitted he made a mistake. He was going to keep them in the cab of the truck for the drive, but thought they would be okay (he will put them in the cab next time).

But they do refund or replace lost chicks if it's a certain percentage of the chicks you ordered. They'll reship next week.

USPS is the worst with handling packages. Almost always my boxes are crushed, torn open and retaped, etc. Never had that with UPS or FedEx. Our UPS guy is even nice enough to place plastic bags over packages in the rain and snow, if it has to be left outside.
HaltingTime
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by HaltingTime »

I hate people and i hate how the world works and i fucking hate everything right now
I used to be Buckbeak, now I am HaltingTime
ImageImage
† I believe in Jesus Christ, my Savior. If you do too and aren't scared to admit it then copy and paste this in your signature.†
Real
Member of Society of the Trident Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Real »

Right now it feels like in order to find someone to draw my peeps, I'd have to trade my body, soul and all my possesions.
I should just give up. :t-cry:
And go to sleep like I'm supposed to.
by Saebra
Anira
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by Anira »

*searches for Google Chrome on new (used) netbook*

"Microsoft Edge is recommended for Windows 10."

Kiss my what???