Animal Rights

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Re: Animal Rights

Post by Rainwater »

Isn't 9000 million people equal to 9 billion people? Because I thought that there were already 7 billion people in the world.... And, if everyone hunted, would the cows/elk be a problem? Doesn't help trying to keep an ecological balance of species, but that doesn't seem to be part of your question. It also doesn't answer why you want to give wolves (for example) a special status that spiders don't get (as they do population control too).

But, let me be clear on this. I don't like spiders. I have a phobia of them, but I can still see how they control insect populations. I do love wolves as a species. They are fascinating, and I have spent hours researching them and reading anything I could about them. They occasionally engage in surplus killing. They will kill livestock. Sometimes, though rarely to my knowledge, they attack people. They aren't perfect.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage
browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

Post by browniewolf1111 »

ok there is no use in trying to get across my point but thanks anyway and i have a phobia of spiders too
My mini gold mine ( Pitures) of the animals not symbols:
(nearly every creatures are mine)
Image[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6939156]ImageImage[/url]ImageImage[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6947383]ImageImage
Image7.Image
Rainwater
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association An icon depicting the element Void
CreaturesTrade

Post by Rainwater »

As I said, I am simply trying to understand what you are saying. Is it that you simply want animals to be treated humanely (so we can still eat cattle and such, but we care about their welfare) or as if they are equal to humans? If equal to humans, how can you pick and choose what species? Even if we don't like them, mosquitoes are a food source for many animals. When you said animals should be treated the same as people... well.... it just isn't clear as to what you believe in.
Image <3 Image <3 Image <3 Image Eggs for clicking! :look:ImageImageImageImage
browniewolf1111
CreaturesTrade

Post by browniewolf1111 »

Rainwater wrote:As I said, I am simply trying to understand what you are saying. Is it that you simply want animals to be treated humanely (so we can still eat cattle and such, but we care about their welfare) or as if they are equal to humans? If equal to humans, how can you pick and choose what species? Even if we don't like them, mosquitoes are a food source for many animals. When you said animals should be treated the same as people... well.... it just isn't clear as to what you believe in.
ok ok… i mean the first option
My mini gold mine ( Pitures) of the animals not symbols:
(nearly every creatures are mine)
Image[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6939156]ImageImage[/url]ImageImage[/url[url=http://magistream.com/creature/6947383]ImageImage
Image7.Image
3lephant
CreaturesTrade

Post by 3lephant »

Not that I hate animals, in fact I love them. But I think the rights issue has to be taken cared by the government.
'Cause in Korea where I live we eat dogs. Traditionally they were a great source of protein when there was no food to eat back in the days..
And the tradition is still happening, but I honestly don't think eating dog is evil. The reason is the difference of the culture.
In western culture, the dog was useful in a very diverse ways such as saving ones life or protecting from burglary.. So they were some kind of a companion. But in Asia dog was somewhat a save of protein(meat).

Nowadays however I think it needs to change. In a very radical way. I think we need to establish a urban system that animals can be useful to human. If not, I think the abuse is still going to happen. No matter how hard the NGO shouts.
ImageImageImageImage
Katyakun
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood
CreaturesTrade

Post by Katyakun »

the states have a set group of laws that are about animal welfare. the big one is the Animal Welfare Act, but there are others that cover what the AWA misses.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage firemer from Sharyu
Kedi
CreaturesTrade

Post by Kedi »

Animal rights for all!
Always looking for cats!

Fun Fact: I actually joined in 2012, but I forgot all the details to my old account when I came back in 2016. ^^;
Marras
CreaturesTrade

Post by Marras »

I've been volunteer/member for one of two groups that gives information about animal rights, i've been vegan, passionate about animal rights and all those things for many many many years yup...

But

Let's say X people.

X people has always been passionate about animal rights in our country. I think it is good, but within the years they have become more and more pushy.

Now X people's new target is wild animals. They have started to insult people that hunt. People that have rights to hunt, hunt at the right place, hunt right species, hunt at the right time, etc. and use all the parts of the animal. They say that you shouldn't eat game, because the moose has suffered (because it was shot) and that it should have lived freely in the forest like it did.

I don't understand this. Really, i think that these X people in my country has got insane and has lost the touch with nature. They insult with really bad things, being rude. They won't listen to you even if you try to ask anything because they thing you are against them.
Now i really am against them. I tried to start a calm conversation, but oh deer... they made it personal. It is sad that they have good purposes, but they do it in so wrong way!

Have you guys bumped into these overly-hysteric-animal-people?

Another example about these X people if you want to read more:
In one meeting one of them started talking about dogs. This one person said that "it is wrong to put dogs in car! It is dangerous to the dog to travel in a car." One other person asked that what about cages at the back of the cars? The first one replied "they can hurt theirselves in the cage too, and what about car crashing? Who saves the dog or does the dog have the safety belt in the cage - no so it is still dangerous and what if the crashed car starts to burn? The dog cannot escape the cage...." Other one asked if it is ok to carry a small dog on a lap "no, dog can bounce in the car or worse- out of the window"
And so on!
The actual discussion was exactly like this, but it just continued and at the end the first person had soulmates that shared the same agenda: that dogs should not travel in car in any circumstances.
Marras wrote: Here are my all creatures that needs clickos:
ImageImageImageImage

Thank you if you click! c:
(No need to tho, hehe)

Return to “Hall of Speakers”