Is this right?(what my teacher said)

This forum is for serious discussions of any kind.

Moderator: Hall of Speakers Moderators

Potatocat
CreaturesTrade

Is this right?(what my teacher said)

Post by Potatocat »

So on the last day of school I went into class and sat down. When the teacher arrived she then says out of the blue that we're doing a speech individually at the front of the class. So in the first part of the lesson we had to write out a four page speech about sexism and linking that to an inspector calls. So I finish my speech along with Most of the class and then suddenly the teacher says that in order to pass we have to add drama to it. The teacher knows I hate drama, and I feel that shouldn't be the reason we pass. We have some time to rehearse our speech about 20 minutes then it's time.
So me and my friends went and sat down and we're all going up, all my friends pass, then it was my turn. I don't know what happened but I soon as I went up there I started crying but the teacher told me to continue reading or I wouldn't pass, in the end I didn't pass. After that the teacher gave me a Saturday detention and talked to me after class saying that if I didn't cry then I would have passed. The teacher knows I have social anxiety and a very serious incident happened where the police and social services were called in. I have a feeling the teacher hates me, I'm one of the top people in my class but when it comes to reading out my own work I just break down.
I don't think that it was fair that I got a detention, I'm not myself right now and it's not my fault so I don't know why the teacher did this.
Lenalee96
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade
Gender: Literally just six cats of varying gender identities sharing a suit of human skin

Re: Is this right?(what my teacher said)

Post by Lenalee96 »

As a future teacher I agree that what you describe is not correct in any way. Is there a counselor in your school or a trusted teacher that you can talk to? This should be brought up to the administrators so that they are aware of what is going on.
Drag0nHatcher
CreaturesTrade

Re: Is this right?(what my teacher said)

Post by Drag0nHatcher »

Lenalee96 wrote:As a future teacher I agree that what you describe is not correct in any way. Is there a counselor in your school or a trusted teacher that you can talk to? This should be brought up to the administrators so that they are aware of what is going on.
I fully agree, this is not a right and just act for a teacher, even the assignment for its is on very short notice, and it seem like it would be worth a good portion of your grade(I am going to guess this is some English class) and seems weird to add drama to this assignment if it is not a drama class , but not much can be done with that. Yet the way the teacher handled this with your social anxiety is uncalled for and uncanny. I strongly advise telling a counselor or trusted teacher, as Lenalee96 said, and bringing attention to this indecent.
Hatchlings:
ImageImageImageImageImage
EGGS:
ImageImageImage

Return to “Hall of Speakers”