Forum rules
Roleplay Stage rules
deb
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Re: OOC- Gryphon Riders of Etral

Post by deb »

That sounds familiar your name "cy" I think I may have Rped with you years ago!? I'm just deb! :lol:
I was wondering what you meant when you mentioned Barneys "fall from grace"! I figured I'd find out on the mission! I'm going to say she's been on the battle lines since she was 18? (So 13? years?) Being an orphan I figure she wanted to fight like her parents did.
I kinda figured Quill knew of him from seeing him around. ;) (like I have seen you around!)lol!
Come visit my shop for doni and event creatures! Image
DoomedDaphnia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoomedDaphnia »

The map has been updated with a list of creatures that can be found in each geographical location! More info on gryphons has also been added!

Also Spine probably has siblings named Femur and Humerus somewhere
FrozenSoul
CreaturesTrade

Post by FrozenSoul »

Human
Name: Keturah Anne Tallery
Appearance: Medium brown hair that is untameable curly. Her wild locks frame a olive skinned face with sharp cheek bones and full lips. She has a fine feminine jaw line and oval shaped face. She has a graceful small nose that compliment her cheek bones. With her long eyelashes framing almond shaped grey eyes she would easily be considered beautiful, had it not been for the wicked scar that reaches across her delicate face. Starting at her temple it slices through one of her eye brows, luckily skips over her eye before continuing across her opposite cheek. The wound was never stitched or bandaged and therefore became infected before she finally got a healers help. The scar is about the width of a finger and the scar tissue is raised. She is a bit above average height standing 5'7 and is very fit. Keturah does her best to hide her female body but underneath her clothes she has curves. She has various smaller scars elsewhere on her body from various incidents.
Personality: Keturah is a naturally very kind and open minded person. Unfortunately she is not the most loyal, she is a survivor and can do very hard things to protect herself. She may feel terrible but she has become accustomed to locking away her feelings and hiding her inner self. She will come off as sweet but don't try screwing with her. She has, in her past, sold people out just for a hot meal. It is difficult to reach past her exterior and really befriend her, there are a lot of trust issues you need to work past first.
History: Keturah is descended from a formerly wealthy and powerful family that had a long history of producing talented magic users. Of course that was decades ago. Since then few people now know them. Her family hated the gryphons. They were a threat and when magic began disappearing they grew to loath the creatures and invested all their money into rebel forces. Unfortunately it wasn't enough and now what remains of her once nobel family lives in the slums of the new country, blaming gryphons for their misfortunes. Keturah was different though, she didn't hate the creatures, she admired their beauty and power that no other creature could match. Her father then found an opportunity, a middle class man favoured her could bring the family out of poverty should she marry him. Unfortunately her future husband spent his time hunting and slaughtering gryphons and so Keturah refused. Telling her father why was a mistake. It was he who cut open her face so she might never know love from anyone but an ugly low life. Then she was kicked from her home. So she began walking towards Etral and a better life. It was tough though and she nearly died from starvation at the beginning and infection from her wound. But through perseverance she made it and developed great skills, including fighting abilities, not graceful skilled fighting, brute slaughtering.
Because of her scars on her face she wears a silver mask and keeps the hood on her cloak over her face as much as possible.
She has only met her gryphon recently so their bond is very new.

Gryphon
Name: Eyvindor
Type: Eagle
Appearance: The first half of him is a golden Eagle. He appears brown especially on the ground but in the sky his beautiful almost gold feathers shine through. His back end is covered in the golden hair of a lions and powerfully built. Ever since he was a young gryphon he had been above average size and has the muscle mass to support his huge frame.
Personality: Eyvindor is young, and his age is obvious. He is very playful and always pushing around the other gryphons and now his human (as he refers to Keturah when speaking to other gryphons) But at heart he is fiercely loyal in ways Keturah thought impossible. He may be playful at times but has a very mature nature coming out as he ages. Meeting Keturah proved this, he connected to her by simply listening to her stories about her life, despite not being able to actually understand what she is saying he is good at reading her emotions and and reacting in ways that provided a comfort she hadn't known for a while. He is developing the skills of a strong warrior. Now he takes time to scan and read surrounding people, taking note of the little things. He is not particularly violent, he doesn't fight with a bloodlust but more a nobility. He is also very adventurous.
History: Being raised by a large family helped him develop his sense of loyalty. Nothing comes between you and those you love. His family are mostly warriors, and he was expected to train from a young age. He loves the thrill of fighting but raised a few eyebrows because of his playfulness which apparently he took too long to grow out of. He met Keturah five days after she arrived. She was wandering through a field he liked to visit to watch the stars and they began bonding. That was only two months ago. Since then they have been practically inseparable but Eyvindor is sort of clumsy and now with a person on his back they are having a few issues with flying, well more specifically turning and landing. It is make especially difficult by the fact that Keyurah didn't know the common sign language so communicating is especially difficult. Usually she points and makes face to get him to go go places and show her reactions. He is the only one who has seen Keturah's face in Etral.
Last edited by FrozenSoul on July 1st, 2016, 4:02:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I want to be beautiful with words, I want to use words beautifully.
DoomedDaphnia
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Herbalist's Guild Member of Artificer's Association Member of Preservationists Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoomedDaphnia »

Accepted! Though it should be noted that humans and gryphons must use a sign language to communicate if they don't have a mental link. If that fits into your backstory well enough, then you are welcome to post! Let me know if you need a summary of what has happened in the plot so far.
FrozenSoul
CreaturesTrade

Post by FrozenSoul »

Right, I'll make it more obvious in their backstrory how they have communicated so far.
Also its alright, I don't need an overview I can just read all the posts to date since there aren't too many.
Thanks so much! I'm really looking forward to joining in!
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

Welcome! Your characters seem very well fleshed out. This RP has attracted loads of fun people, it seems.
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
FrozenSoul
CreaturesTrade

Post by FrozenSoul »

Thank you cyberus! I adore everyone's characters, they are all so unique. There isn't one typical RP character and everyone is so good at writing!
Also I apologize for my grammatical errors, I type everything on my phone and it seems no matter how many times I read, edit, and reread everything an error or two slips by. I am sorry about this and will continue to try best to keep as many errors out as possible.
deb
MagiStream Donor
Member of The Dark Brotherhood Member of Artificer's Association
CreaturesTrade

Post by deb »

Hi FrozenSoul! I think you are doing great and Welcome to the team! :D
Come visit my shop for doni and event creatures! Image
cyberus151
CreaturesTrade

Post by cyberus151 »

No problem! Errors happen to us all. I think I had my post saying Bertha was Barney's mom for a couple hours until I remembered Bertha was Bud, the gryphon. (also have a fun family tree because I'm trying to map this)

Belal Shaikh + Bernice Alvarez = Barnabas 'Barney' Alvarez-Shaikh (Barney Shaikh)
Aesop + Pythagora = Bertha 'Bud' InsertGryphonLastNameHere
Hey, I'm an ancient user. Ignore my profile and such, too tired to update, haha.
~ImageImageImageImage~
DoomedDaphnia
MagiStream Donor
CreaturesTrade

Post by DoomedDaphnia »

Hey, FrozenSoul, do you mind if I timeskip soon? I'd like to get everyone moving toward the jungle asap.

Return to “Backstage”